Low (PL6-8)
- 6 (9.8%)
Med (PL 10-12)
- 12 (19.7%)
High (PL 14-16)
- 7 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: STEAMPUNK M&M 2E GAME (OOC thread)  (Read 9853 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: STEAMPUNK M&M 2E GAME (OOC thread)
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2011, 03:12:04 pm »

Spoiler: Final final sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Paul Radford (click to show/hide)
I hope this is everything.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 11:56:42 am by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2011, 08:49:54 pm »

Would it be okay if I just submit it as is, and someone could fix it up for me? Because I'd completely lose track of my maths if I tried to work it out now, and I've been stuffing around long enough as it is.
Depending on how far off it is, this may mean rebuilding a lot of it from the ground up, but I'll have a look and see what I can do!

POWERS
POWER[4] Winged Flight

Powers 5

DRAWBACKS
Noticeable: Wings are very easy to spot, aren't they? [UC: DC 15] [Min: DC 5]
Vulnerable: If you got struck in the wing, you'd plummet, too. [C: DC 10] [Maj: DC 15]
By "Winged Flight," I'm guessing by the cost that you mean Flight with the Gliding Flaw (although if that's the case it would cost 4 pp, not 5; Flight is 2/rank by default, and Gliding is a -1 flaw, so yeah). That said, bear in mind that with that flaw you won't actually be able to gain altitude most of the time. It's a personal choice, of course, but with all the PPs you still have it might be worth it to go with full-on flight; it might better model what you're going for, anyway, depending on what the wings actually are.

Also, a couple of things on the Drawbacks. Vulnerable is supposed to represent something particular doing more damage to you than usual--which makes sense if your wings are a particularly sensitive spot, but judging by the description I think what you want is Power Loss.

Also, the Noticeable flaw only applies to Continuous or Permanent powers; Sustained ones like Flight are noticeable by default. There's an optional one-point flaw in Ultimate Power for making such powers extremely noticeable--like, people in the same city block hear the jet engines noticeable--but I don't think wings would be quite that ridonculous. Of course, if you're talking about actual wings growing out of your back, then it could apply, since it's something that's effectively permanent. In which case, ignore me. :P

Although, if the latter is the case, I'd personally take it as a complication rather than a drawback, but that's a matter of taste as much as anything. I usually stick with complications for social issues and leave drawbacks for things with mechanical effects; just makes more sense to me that way. Plus the hero points come in handy.

Anyway, I doubt that's as much help as you were hoping for, but I don't think I'm quite up to bubbling in 70 PPs worth of stuff at the moment; it's been a long day.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:51:35 pm by Time Blossom »
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2011, 11:06:55 pm »

No, winged doesn't mean that i've got the gliding flaw, it just means that if my wings are injured, my ability to fly fails me.

And yes, my wings are great big feathery things hanging from my shoulders. Permanently visible. for them to be effective, they'd need to be about 15 ft or more across, at full spread.

In any case, i didn't really post that as a plea for help, i posted it because that's my character...
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2011, 01:14:09 am »

Something I've been working on.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That should work. Thoughts? I hope I didn't forget anything.
Not that it matters. I built a man shaped iron wall. I'll get you guys the bio tomorrow. I need sleep.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2011, 12:15:18 pm »

Your strikes attack seems to exceed the power limit.

Also, I added DCs to my stuff.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2011, 12:17:31 pm »

I usually treat the power limit a bit looser than usual, although a +4 difference is pretty big...
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2011, 12:34:31 pm »

I usually treat the power limit a bit looser than usual, although a +4 difference is pretty big...
And the overflow comes purely from accurate.

Hold on, I could throw a small part of my ranged attack into accurate for electrical control and get teleport(moving through telegraph lines FTW) and aura strike and other stuff as alternate powers.

2 questions though: Does Accurate carry over into alternate powers?
                            Would aura strike work while incorporeal? (Fly through people, shock the crap outta them.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:45:40 pm by cerapa »

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2011, 10:06:47 pm »

Hubris: I meant no offense. I figured, since you were still missing 70 PPs worth of stuff, that you were probably looking for some input. I fear my beleaguered brain may have compelled me to be less courteous than I should've been, so: my apologies!
The PP cost stuff I pointed out still holds, though.

Re: Koliup's strike. Strictly speaking, the attack bonus being +4 over the cap is made up for by the damage bonus being 4 below the cap, but that tradeoff is at the GM's discretion. So, yeah. I'm not sure where the +14/+15 thing comes in, though; I don't see anything that would give a +15 attack bonus.

Cerapa: Accurate doesn't necessarily carry over into alternate powers, but it can. Basically, any feats tacked onto the "main" power are included in the PP total, meaning that you can either use the PPs paid into Accurate to buy Accurate on your alternate powers, or you can spend them on something else.

As to the other bit, yes, but you'd need to buy the Affects Corporeal Extra if you're actually incorporeal, i.e., Insubstantial 4. If you're at any level lower than that, your powers can affect creatures normally, although you'd still need to buy the extra for your Strength modifier if you want to physically move things around.
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2011, 10:14:01 pm »

Thing is, i don't feel i need to use those other 70 pp for my character. perhaps i should have voted for a lower power level...
channel = #bay12lb

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2011, 11:18:31 pm »

Heh. I was just pouring points into the to-hit bonus. Hero Lab didn't complain, so I figured it was cool. (It complained at 15)
I'll remove Accurate [2]. Though, this makes his un-armed and Strike the same, except for a 1 DC difference. Gonna see what I can do with the points freeing up strike adds. Okay. I did some messing around. Arrays are awesome. Probably gonna dump everything array-able into the array.
So, he's different now. More feats slaved to time control, bullet time removed, paralyze and disintegrate slaved to time control.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There we go. May I suggest you invest that 70 PP into gizmos and equipment and gadgets?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:29:39 pm by Koliup »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2011, 11:40:47 pm »

Well, I'll just post my sheet with the over-powered powers, and someone else can drop it back down to acceptable levels. And I'll just shift all my skills back to 15. Or maybe I should just grab hero lab... Ah well. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2011, 12:08:09 am »

Well, I'll just post my sheet with the over-powered powers, and someone else can drop it back down to acceptable levels. And I'll just shift all my skills back to 15. Or maybe I should just grab hero lab... Ah well. :P
Hero lab is useful; it does the math for you. Though, it makes judgements for you, too.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2011, 08:04:53 am »

Cerapa: Accurate doesn't necessarily carry over into alternate powers, but it can. Basically, any feats tacked onto the "main" power are included in the PP total, meaning that you can either use the PPs paid into Accurate to buy Accurate on your alternate powers, or you can spend them on something else.
Thats even better.

Just reading up on teleport...Jesus Christ, I could instantly teleport to another galaxy if there was a power line leading there. I call that a freaking escape ability.
Gonna drop some points around yepyepyepyep.

EDIT: So I just came up with an idea. Its pretty weird so Im fairly certain I gotta ask for permission for this.
Anyway, I was thinking of taking strike(aura) as an alt power of electrical control. Here comes the weird part, I wanna throw fading and extended range on the thing, so it would cut into the entire arrays power when its on, and extended range would make lightning arc to anyone near me. Or would I need to upgrade it to an area attack?
I also wanna put innate and side-effect on too, so it would be the only thing I could do when I am nullified, and so it would hurt me when I do it wrong.

The package would result in Strike 36 that hits everything in a 3 meter radius. It would be an automatic hit and have a DC of 51, thus an automatic instakill on everything that isnt on the power level of 16, or with big tradeoffs to toughness saves. It would also be impossible to nullify it and guaranteed to kill me when it doesnt hit anything. It would reduce its own rank by 2 every time it hit something/per round.

I am assuming I wont get permission without somehow cutting it in half?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:25:32 am by cerapa »

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2011, 09:16:21 am »

So, Vester, does my char pass muster, or should i find somewhere to drop those points into?
channel = #bay12lb

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2011, 09:54:59 am »

So, Vester, does my char pass muster, or should i find somewhere to drop those points into?
You have no attack, no defense, and my dude could hit you 19 out of 20 times and 18 out of 20 times you will be stunned and plummet to your death. Any attacks by you will be stopped by impervious, even while not in solid mode.

No offense, but you need those points.

EDIT: Oookay, way too aggressive. Now for something that might actually be helpful: Since you seem to be going for someone whose only feature are the wings, I suggest you bump up your flight, get decent attack and defense bonuses, and get a bunch of toughness, and then slam into people like an asshole on steroids.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:19:42 am by cerapa »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9