Low (PL6-8)
- 6 (9.8%)
Med (PL 10-12)
- 12 (19.7%)
High (PL 14-16)
- 7 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: STEAMPUNK M&M 2E GAME (OOC thread)  (Read 9864 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone up for a Mutants and Masterminds 2E game?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 02:13:02 pm »

Huh I would be intrested.
Raggle Fraggle

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 02:31:02 pm »

May I change my vote from modern to a tie breaker? By which I mean I want my vote to be counted for steampunk/magitech if no-one votes for 1920s, and not to be counted when someone votes for it.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 02:33:39 pm »

You can remove votes. there's a button.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 02:46:38 pm »

You can remove votes. there's a button.
Doesnt actually matter, I didnt notice Steampunk got such a huge lead.

Question to people who might know, would one get a bonus to damage or something if you were to drop on someone while using density?

EDIT: Also, does a reaction action take place before whatever you are reacting to?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 02:58:33 pm by cerapa »

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 02:55:18 pm »

Doesnt actually matter, I didnt notice Steampunk got such a huge lead.

I changed from 1920's is why.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 03:09:39 pm »

EDIT: Also, does a reaction action take place before whatever you are reacting to?

It actually depends on the specific reaction. :)

For example, both knowledge and sense motive can be used as reactions to an event, in which case they'd have to happen after the trigger (otherwise everything makes no sense D: )

On the other hand you've got actions like Interpose, which is a Reaction to an attack - which occurs before the attack deals damage). It's kind of a case by case thing.

Normally when a force-field or Shield power is a reaction, it happens with an attack as a trigger, but before the attack resolves.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 04:42:10 pm »

So based on the poll so fa it looks like its going to be a Steam-Punk Midpowered Game. Intresting. So I'm going to assume a majority of the players power backgrounds are going to be Science, Magic or Magicy Mutation Abomination? Not alot of Cosmic being or Aliens?
Raggle Fraggle

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 04:45:13 pm »

So based on the poll so fa it looks like its going to be a Steam-Punk Midpowered Game. Intresting. So I'm going to assume a majority of the players power backgrounds are going to be Science, Magic or Magicy Mutation Abomination? Not alot of Cosmic being or Aliens?

Actually, anything is fine as long as you think it fits in the setting. Aliens can work in a steampunk setting, but the tech is already going to be so weird (to us) that the alien doesn't really bring anything new to the table. A cosmic being fits a little better, but what kind of cosmic being? Baby shoggoth in a greatcoat?

There's a lot you can do with this. :) Gimme a bit to finish up a setting, and then we can see what you guys will be doing for characters.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 04:46:51 pm »

Alrighty. I was just curious because I was looking at the Rulebook and tossing around ideas in my brain. Nothing too concrete yet.

By Cosmic Beings I wasnt meaning Lovecraftian, I didn't really know the term I wanted  to use, I meant more traditional Silver and Gold age, Cape Wearing Men of Iron type heros.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:48:46 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 10:30:20 pm »

So that's Cerapa, Riccto, Hubris_Incalculable, RabbidHare, and Yoink?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 10:33:05 pm »

I miight join in later if you guys seem to be having loads and loads of fun.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 10:33:50 pm »

I tnink so.
Raggle Fraggle

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 12:21:17 am »

Yeah. Although I don't have the rules, and I have no access to them, physical or otherwise. :(
I voted for low-power 1920s, but I guess Steampunk will do... :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 07:51:22 am »

For example, both knowledge and sense motive can be used as reactions to an event, in which case they'd have to happen after the trigger (otherwise everything makes no sense D: )

On the other hand you've got actions like Interpose, which is a Reaction to an attack - which occurs before the attack deals damage). It's kind of a case by case thing.

Normally when a force-field or Shield power is a reaction, it happens with an attack as a trigger, but before the attack resolves.
I was thinking of turning Alternate Form into a reaction action, so I could counter attacks by changing my form into something that is immune or otherwise better against it.

Would that be okay?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 09:39:28 am »

I was thinking of turning Alternate Form into a reaction action, so I could counter attacks by changing my form into something that is immune or otherwise better against it.

Would that be okay?

Well, Alternate Form is already a Free Action, but upgrading it to a Reaction as well would make it cost an addition 1 Power Point per rank in the power. :) On the other hand, you could downgrade it to a standard or full action, with a corresponding decrease in Power Point cost.

EDIT: It goes like this -

Action Duration
Reaction > Free > Move > Standard > Full

Let's ignore Move for now because you can't modify the time it takes to perform a Power that has a Move component (that's part of your Move for that round)

That makes it
Reaction > Free > Standard > Full

Let's say you want to have a Blast power that's basically a Full action. A Blast normally costs 2 points per rank, but because you're moving your Blast from a Standard action to a Full action it would only cost 1 point per rank (meaning you can afford to make your Blast blasty-er). Making it a Free action on the other hand would make it cost an additional point (3 per rank) and making it a Reaction would make it cost another additional (4 per rank). Of course a power that allows you to kill someone whenever he or she looks at you funny is kind of overdoing it. :P
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:55:42 am by Vester »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9