Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

General(as in leader of army) experience system implementation.

Yes.
No.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: You Are King Voting Thread.  (Read 14284 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King Voting Thread.
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2011, 05:24:12 pm »

Not really, the system would work fine, just need a few conversions on the values.

And 40K would work without the changes too.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2011, 05:25:54 pm »

Becuase I don't want to fight thousands of orks/deamons and other, THATS ALL 40K IS, FIGHTING. No politics just hack, hack, pew, pew, dakka!
No trading, no magic, no exploration, no creation, no nothing. Just fighting and burning planets, which is cool in moderation but sucks when you do it all the time.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2011, 05:26:55 pm »

Becuase I don't want to fight thousands of orks/deamons and other, THATS ALL 40K IS, FIGHTING. No politics just hack, hack, pew, pew, dakka!
No trading, no magic, no exploration, no creation, no nothing. Just fighting and burning planets, which is cool in moderation but sucks when you do it all the time.

You sir, have not played Dark heresy or Rogue trader then.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2011, 05:28:12 pm »

Show me one where you actually create something instead of destroy it and where you can make up a new country.
I didn't even want to put the 40k thing up to tell you the truth.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2011, 05:29:10 pm »

A mix of dune-style and 40k-style might be cool. It could turn out that kyrite causes brain damage, and so a portion of the hatcuri have devolved into psychotic murderers who need more dakka, for example.
Just a thought.

But really, 40k is just fighting. It's a valid point. I honestly think we shouldn't try to follow another sci-fi world too much anyways. This world was sort of original, let's keep it that way.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2011, 05:30:03 pm »

I can see HOW you could make WH 40,000 into an enjoyable game of intrigue, trade, and exploration, but no matter what you did, you would be crushed, beaten, or forgotten eventually. And all your achievements would mean nothing.

A mix of dune-style and 40k-style might be cool. It could turn out that kyrite causes brain damage, and so a portion of the hatcuri have devolved into psychotic murderers who need more dakka, for example.
Just a thought.

That...wouldn't be so bad. Still prefer renaissance though. Would be fun to be the Hatcuri Emperor with a loyal legion of kyrite-damaged berserkers.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:31:51 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2011, 05:30:58 pm »

I'm 100% against warhammer 40k, same game but in space, all I was sayin.  and that was a joke.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2011, 05:32:59 pm »

Looks like we'll be going 40,000K if people don't start voting for 100 year time skip. The prequel thing had no chance at all.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2011, 05:34:34 pm »

Probably would of been smart to allow us to change our votes.  ::)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2011, 05:35:31 pm »

I can see HOW you could make WH 40,000 into an enjoyable game of intrigue, trade, and exploration, but no matter what you did, you would be crushed, beaten, or forgotten eventually. And all your achievements would mean nothing.
Depends on whether you're successful. Rogue trader gets a dynasty, a particularly skilled guardsman (One who doesn't die) may become a general or inducted into an inquisitor's retinue. A myriad of things could could last millennia across a sector of space...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2011, 05:39:00 pm »

Just because it's 40k years in the future does NOT mean it will be a 40k style universe, guys.
And just because someone suggested it does NOT mean it will be like Dune.

Just because it's in the future also does not mean that things need to change significantly. A group of laser-rifle bearing soldiers could still count as regular infantry with a strength of 1, a band of demolition experts with plasma-grenade style weaponry could be heavy infantry, a band of dudes with short swords would be strength 0 rabble. The names of most units are fairly vague as is, so it isn't like it will require some massive rewrite.

This is something that is entirely doable, and easily so, I think. And the logistics of planning out how the universe is set-up after such a timeskip is no more different from 100years. Great swaths of history could have been lost to time, for example.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2011, 05:41:09 pm »

Just because it's 40k years in the future does NOT mean it will be a 40k style universe, guys.

Just because it's in the future also does not mean that things need to change significantly. A group of laser-rifle bearing soldiers could still count as regular infantry with a strength of 1, a band of demolition experts with plasma-grenade style weaponry could be heavy infantry, a band of dudes with short swords would be strength 0 rabble. The names of most units are fairly vague as is, so it isn't like it will require some massive rewrite.

This is something that is entirely doable, and easily so, I think. And the logistics of planning out how the universe is set-up after such a timeskip is no more different from 100years. Great swaths of history could have been lost to time, for example.

The game could take place in the year 40300 BUT we're all in animus' and were playing our ancestors in 430e

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2011, 05:41:50 pm »

Yeah, no.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2011, 05:41:57 pm »

Still doesn't seem right to change a fantasy setting to a science fiction setting without any reason. I would be ok with it if it was a different universe altogether, but this one....no.

The game could take place in the year 40300 BUT we're all in animus' and were playing our ancestors in 430e

Yeah that could work. :) :P
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2011, 05:44:07 pm »

+100 years -ONLY- if we're not jumping tech that far with it. I'm all for allowing the not-so-secret use of gunpowder, but its should be EXPENSIVE to use
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19