Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: A Valley Without Wind [Arcen Games: Trial+Beta now available. 50% off]  (Read 11776 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Valley Without Wind [Arcen Games: Trial+Beta now available. 50% off]
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2011, 07:47:01 pm »

FFFFFF I just tried this and it was worth waiting for it all this time.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2011, 07:50:24 pm »

I kind of lost interest in this when it switched from top-down to side-scrolling. Downloading the trial anyway and keeping an open mind.

Hehe, the sidescrolling is what made me interested in the first place.  Reminded me of actraiser.  :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2011, 08:20:38 pm »

I kind of lost interest in this when it switched from top-down to side-scrolling. Downloading the trial anyway and keeping an open mind.

Hehe, the sidescrolling is what made me interested in the first place.  Reminded me of actraiser.  :D

Actraiser
Actraiser
[/size]
As soon as I get home, I'm taking a break from Aurora to try this because want.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2011, 08:58:38 pm »

Well this seems interesting...

Anyone interested in seeing what it looks like without downloading the Demo itself? I would be happy to Livestream it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 09:09:43 pm »

Holy elemental overkill, batman. An Ice Age character wearing a snowsuit you make out of a quartz gives you 1000% Ambient Cold resistance. I can run through a windstorm snow area and take zero damage (if I'm actually taking any, I'm not seeing it appear above my head), who knows what else that could entail.

Also, Yes to livestream, I'd like to see how other people play it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:13:03 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2011, 09:49:52 pm »

Going Live Now... Check my Sig, can't be bothered to change it though but it IS live...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2011, 11:41:26 pm »

And done...
Sorry but I just don't see the point... It seems like an ok game, but after trugging through what seems like countless EMPTY rooms to get a single Health Potion....
Yeah...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2011, 11:51:12 pm »

I found this pretty boring myself.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2011, 11:53:57 pm »

And done...
Sorry but I just don't see the point... It seems like an ok game, but after trugging through what seems like countless EMPTY rooms to get a single Health Potion....
Yeah...

Heh, I tuned in for a little bit and that is all I saw.  Hopefully this changes before release.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 12:04:41 am »

Interesting ideas, fun gameplay..but the dungeons are dull as hell and samey, empty rooms with nothing really to collect most of the time. Also the graphics are REALLY jarring - the character art just doesn't match anything else at all.

cupogoodness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 12:29:44 am »

Hey cupogoodness, re Steam--

Does that mean if I buy it now, I can plug it into Steam later and it'll let me download from them without rebuying it? I know you can't say for sure now, but in your experience.

Steam really is my preferred system; it's a VERY rare non steam game that I buy (I reformat often and it saves key-related headaches).

I'm almost 100% certain that if we're on Steam you'll be able to plug-in your previously purchased key (wherever you bought it from, us, impulse, gamersgate, etc.) and plug that number into Steam to activate the game. It's how it has worked on our past two games with the service, so if/when we get on I don't see how it would be any different.

Hope that helps!

cupogoodness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2011, 12:36:38 am »

I don't think I posted these here yet, so for those interested (and/or aimlessly wandering around screaming "WHAT THE HELL MAN?") please have a glance at:

The game's starter guide -- http://christophermpark.blogspot.com/2011/09/valley-without-wind-getting-started.html

Locales and enemies of Environ -- http://christophermpark.blogspot.com/2011/09/valley-without-wind-locales-and-enemies.html

Also note it's a major milestone for us, but we're just getting started development-wise adding more and more to this game, as well as improving it (thanks to viewers like you!)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2011, 12:59:00 am »

Number one tip I'd give to everyone: if not on your first two slots (your mouse left and right keys), at least have a 0-mana spell on the reachable part of your toolbar, so you can easily still battle while mana-less. Of course, I've never been far enough that I have run out of mana-regen items yet but I assume that'll happen eventually, and on higher difficultues.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2011, 08:05:15 am »

0-mana spells are nice for taking apart things like various ore veins and gem veins, if a bit slower than just blasting at them.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2011, 09:11:17 am »

I have not actually found any ore veins. Anyway, I use 0 mana spells for common enemies, and then high-mana spells for bosses.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11