Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: A Valley Without Wind [Arcen Games: Trial+Beta now available. 50% off]  (Read 11755 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: A Valley Without Wind [Arcen Games: Trial+Beta now available. 50% off]
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2012, 08:02:15 am »

Aoi is pretty much spot on, there. You can basically explore wherever you want, whenever. But theres only so much you'll find outside of cavern gem veins and stash rooms (or maze rooms).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2012, 09:50:41 am »

Theres wayyyy too many rooms in some of these buildings...

Word.

I'm feeling pretty aimless at the moment.  Tons of random buildings with random buildings inside that lead to random buildings.  All with not much interesting going on.

I'm wondering if I should just do missions?

This is my issue: not much to do.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2012, 10:35:05 am »

Things to do:

Go on grand quest to build buoys. Find a way to get to ocean shallows materials.
Explore stash rooms, get upgrade stones, quest for acid water proof enchant if you don't already have it.
Enchant hunt in maze rooms.
Gem vein hunt underground.
Unlock new materials (defeat all in X, go down X many levels in Y, etc).
Find secret missions.
Unlock new time periods by getting their respective NPCs.
Get and use guardian power scrolls.
Level up all your favorite spells to five.
Defeat all the lieutenants.
Set platforming to hardest, play lava escape (haha just kidding you will fail).
And so on.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2012, 04:04:58 pm »

Cardboard boxes were just put in to pad the gameplay time, am I right?  Seriously, of all the pointless things for me to waste my time on, blowing up cardboard box after cardboard box is turning out to be the least fun.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2012, 04:17:02 pm »

They're there to make the basement look more like a basement than the other rooms.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2012, 04:20:23 pm »

If I see a wall of cardboard boxes, I just leave and head to another stash room/building. Generally it isn't worth the wasted time.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2012, 05:12:02 pm »

I have a spell that 1-shots cardboard boxes and passes through enemies. Destroying every cardboard box takes a few seconds.

If you see a stash or gem vein you generally want to head straight for those, otherwise you're not going to find anything hugely useful, at least not as well as a stash room.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2012, 05:12:32 pm »

Now, floating cardboard boxes in the shape of a box... Yea. Thats some neat level design.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2012, 05:13:14 pm »

I have a spell that 1-shots cardboard boxes and passes through enemies. Destroying every cardboard box takes a few seconds.

Which one is this? I MUST KNOW.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2012, 05:14:15 pm »

Sounds like Energy Pulse Slice. Or a variety of Launch <object>
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2012, 05:19:09 pm »

I like using... Entropy Whip? It's a short range attack with a high fire rate and decent damage. Attacks fast enough that you can just walk through boxes/crates without having the long range that pass-through projectiles have that might accidentally destroy platforms you want to keep.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2012, 05:23:45 pm »

Miasma Whip.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2012, 05:35:28 pm »

Sounds like Energy Pulse Slice. Or a variety of Launch <object>
I probably should have mentioned I have an enchantment that increases my light-based attacks by quite a bit. Probably need that in order to 1-shot them. Otherwise it takes 2 or 3 shots maybe.

EDIT: I'm still on the first tutorial continent thingy so i don't know if cardboard boxes level up later on... o_O

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2012, 05:37:32 pm »

Energy Pulse always did what you described, though, and if it doesn't now as Energy Slice, Tidal Pulse probably will.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2012, 09:36:16 pm »

My god, I didn't see this game until it debuted as 1.000 on Steam. And I gotta say, me and my friends have been hopelessly addicted to it the past few days. I dunno what it is that's lured us all in, but it is awesome. Probably all the upgrading and unlocking. I like checking boxes, what can I say? :D
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11