Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: A Valley Without Wind [Arcen Games: Trial+Beta now available. 50% off]  (Read 11760 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: A Valley Without Wind [Arcen Games: Trial+Beta now available. 50% off]
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2012, 01:45:46 pm »

No problem for me, then.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2012, 01:50:16 pm »

You can't really defeat the overlord or the lieutenants with tier 2 stuff, though, they're usually higher than that (the entire chunk of the Overlord's keep is always Tier 5, max tier). Unless you're awesomely awesome at dodging everything and can use this trope.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2012, 01:52:15 pm »

More like "I'm never gonna get beyond Tier 1 anyways so whatever".

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2012, 03:31:01 pm »

You can't really defeat the overlord or the lieutenants with tier 2 stuff, though, they're usually higher than that (the entire chunk of the Overlord's keep is always Tier 5, max tier). Unless you're awesomely awesome at dodging everything and can use this trope.

I managed to pull it off with a lucky room design [very easy to dodge, couldn't hit me with most attacks] and on the lowest difficulty. Difficulty wouldn't've made much of a difference I think; just a timesaver as it made clearing the keep a lot faster since I wouldn't have to run around to heal after every miniboss.

Edit: (Registered since I did that.) Just finished off the Continent 2 Overlord with T1 spells, in a storm, without killing off the lieutenants. That was on the easiest difficulty though. The trash mobs were did the most damage to me; there was a wall/ledge I could hide under/behind where they couldn't reach me, since they were too large. =P
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 04:34:37 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2012, 11:22:44 pm »

is this fun? It seems a pale entry compared to AI War from this dev team.
I got nothing

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2012, 03:01:13 pm »

Hmm.

I got this game. It's not bad, but I really dislike the art style. And theme. I hate robots/future themed stuff.

Also, most of the time I'm just dashing through uncountable amounts of zones on worlds to get to the next boss tower. And the bosses are extremely easy... :c

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2012, 03:08:04 pm »

Again with the complaints about the art. I though I'd avoided that when I stopped looking at the RPS articles about it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2012, 03:11:18 pm »

Again with the complaints about the complaints about the art!

I tried the demo, didn't care for it. Seemed fiddely, which i guess isn't a very helpfull criticism but I don't know how else to describe it.

Also not a fan of the art at all, and I do like robots/future themed stuff.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2012, 03:29:55 pm »

I didn't like it at first, but I'm enjoying it more now that I've ditched my controller and started using keyboard+mouse. 

I'm not a fan of the graphics/theme so far though.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2012, 04:10:23 pm »

Played a little... what am I doing? Just shooting things and walking into broken rooms?

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2012, 04:14:34 pm »

I don't really like the continent system. Making each continent the equivalent of a NewGame+ where it resets your skills feels rather like the game is taking your character growth and chucking it out the window.

Played a little... what am I doing? Just shooting things and walking into broken rooms?

You're aiming to beef yourself up to kill the Overlord that's oppressing the continent. To do so, the leftover equipment, upgrade canisters, gems and other crud are to help you. Alternatively, you're just walking straight into the Overlord's lair, with all his lieutenants, and moving on to the next continent in an hour.

Also, broken rooms are broken rooms. There's nothing there.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:16:45 pm by Aoi »
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2012, 04:33:19 pm »

Alternatively, you're just walking straight into the Overlord's lair, with all his lieutenants, and moving on to the next continent in an hour.
If you're on the easiest setting. Certainly isn't that easy to do on normal difficulty, Aoi.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2012, 11:58:48 pm »

Theres wayyyy too many rooms in some of these buildings...

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2012, 12:36:26 am »

Theres wayyyy too many rooms in some of these buildings...

Word.

I'm feeling pretty aimless at the moment.  Tons of random buildings with random buildings inside that lead to random buildings.  All with not much interesting going on.

I'm wondering if I should just do missions?
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2012, 03:13:10 am »

Generally speaking, you walk in, head to the yellow rooms, leave. The other rooms have very limited items, if anything. Save for the caves too, except that's for gem hunting.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11