Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: the most un-dwarfy question ive ever asked...  (Read 1158 times)

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
the most un-dwarfy question ive ever asked...
« on: September 25, 2011, 10:21:11 pm »

How do i make peace with the elves?
my civ was at war with them when i started, and id kinda like access to the crazy animals they have.

don't get me wrong, i still kill them dead dead dead and make things from their bones when they come to attack, but i dream of a world where we can all just get along.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: the most un-dwarfy question ive ever asked...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 10:23:48 pm »

Look around the wiki for making peace and war with the humans.  It's possible, but the elves currently have no liaison and thus no diplomacy, so this world is out of luck.  Some players have modded in the elven diplomat for the sheer purpose of pissing them off.  I assume peace can be performed as well.

There's nothing un-dwarfy about ferocious giant eagles and cougars.

geail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 10:48:38 pm »

It's possible, but the elves currently have no liaison and thus no diplomacy, so this world is out of luck.  Some players have modded in the elven diplomat for the sheer purpose of pissing them off.

As grlinhat said, you can add in elven/human liasons and diplomats but it requires a new world gen

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 11:14:04 pm »

You must cover yourself in magma and hug the elves. Elves just love hugs!

I could make hundreds of insulting remarks, but I am going to try and avoid that  :-\

dirkzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Flood the depot. Get free stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 12:05:04 am »

Usually they're rather gullible peaceful until you do something to piss them off.
Trading them wood.  Chopping down trees.  Slaughtering their caravans.  (..and then selling them back their own goods when the next one arrives)
Thankfully, their 'wars' usually just consist of a few archers that sneak in and fire off a few cheap shots at your fisherdwarfs and farmers.
Try to dispose of them,  or just shrug it off.
They don't stay angry forever.
(..unless you want them to.)
Forgotten beasts flying up the wells and eating them might cause some negative effects.

C0NNULL

• Bay Watcher
  • A bastion of crazy in a small area near Hurricanes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 05:45:57 am »

The coffee is not yet drinkable.

I assume there is a good reason for this desire. I can't think of one, but I am sure of it. You even stated it, but I glossed right over it. That isn't a good reason at all. Rodney King doesn't live here, I don't think. (Animals be damned, whatever you need them for - MAGMAAAAA &c)

I'm currently in a world where all I am doing is building a thing and I am considering delaying it to kill the annoyances.

Nothing constructive... Carry on. Coffee.
The cat, Anom, approves of Scamps' methods. She admires fine scars on her human's body. She purrs in a method most disturbing. She thinks Scamps needs to train the human better. She rolls on the floor in a luxurious pile of catnip. She attacks her human lightly.
Rimamused  -  Dorfen Itza