Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do Ratmen avoid traps? *GENESIS*  (Read 395 times)

thehippopotamus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do Ratmen avoid traps? *GENESIS*
« on: September 25, 2011, 11:00:37 am »

Hey, I've got a nice little fort developing but I've discovered a small group of Ratmen just outside where I intend to dig my entrance to the first cavern. Normally I'd just send my military to slaughter them, but I noticed they all seem to have red or black steel weapons and shields. They don't have armor so they'd die easily enough, but I'm afraid I'd lose one or two dwarfs through death or incapacitation. I've decided to build a line of cage traps to capture them so I can disarm and kill them in the arena and enjoy my ratmanite for new, sexier weapons, but I'm afraid they may be trap avoiders. Are they?
*In reasons you love DF thread*
57. You ask people for tasks and are disappointed when they don't tell you to kill a Winged Iron Giant Lobster that lives in a makeshift shrine.

Quote from Girlinhat:
"Dwarf up.  Don your leather armor and wooden axe, and go slaughter 10,000 zombie bull sharks.  Your beard has lost its luster in these years of plenty."

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Do Ratmen avoid traps? *GENESIS*
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 11:07:58 am »

Are the Ratmen local inhabitants?  That is, were they in the caverns when you embarked, or are they an ambush or other wandering group? Local inhabitants of your map are always trap avoiders, no matter what mods you're using.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

thehippopotamus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do Ratmen avoid traps? *GENESIS*
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 11:17:09 am »

I see, thanks for the quick response, yeah they're locals, so I guess I'll just have to be a bit crafty and cave the roof in on them... Oh well, should be fun, I just hope no fliers appear before I can seal it off again.
*In reasons you love DF thread*
57. You ask people for tasks and are disappointed when they don't tell you to kill a Winged Iron Giant Lobster that lives in a makeshift shrine.

Quote from Girlinhat:
"Dwarf up.  Don your leather armor and wooden axe, and go slaughter 10,000 zombie bull sharks.  Your beard has lost its luster in these years of plenty."