Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about RAW Editing  (Read 889 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Question about RAW Editing
« on: September 24, 2011, 03:12:24 am »

Two, Actually.
Im trying to do something rather Specific, but im a touch new to Editing anything other than New Attacks to DF :)

1: How would I go about making a New Playable Race (Or, a Race ive made Playable in) for Adventure Mode?
2: With this New Race, which would be a Duplicate of Humans only with a different Name; How would I go about making his Hands as hot as Magma (Yes, this was Inspired by that Thread), and his Everything Else Resistant to the Heat?

Thanks for any Advice.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Question about RAW Editing
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 10:35:32 pm »

1. Make an entity, copy+paste the human's. That's about it.
2. Extreme shenanigans. Since you don't know how to make a civ controllable in adventurer, I'm guessing this is your first modding thing.

Basically, you're going to have to set all materials to be as hot as magma with MAT_FIXED_TEMP, then set all materials to have melting points higher than magma, except blood and pus, which would be below.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 12:06:43 am »

For the heat resistance, you could copy that thing from the end of the dragon raws that makes them immune to heat.  You'd have to modify it slightly, obviously.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 09:28:07 am »

1. Make an entity, copy+paste the human's. That's about it.
2. Extreme shenanigans. Since you don't know how to make a civ controllable in adventurer, I'm guessing this is your first modding thing.

Basically, you're going to have to set all materials to be as hot as magma with MAT_FIXED_TEMP, then set all materials to have melting points higher than magma, except blood and pus, which would be below.

Many Months (About a Year) Ago, I possessed the Technomacical Knowledge of Adding Races :D
My Memory fails me, however.

To the Editing Cave!

For the heat resistance, you could copy that thing from the end of the dragon raws that makes them immune to heat.  You'd have to modify it slightly, obviously.

*Takes this into Consideration.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.