Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 297

Author Topic: Occupying Wallstreet  (Read 288812 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Occupying Wallstreet
« Reply #4365 on: July 26, 2013, 03:33:46 am »

The only good part of that is that he was fired.
But right before that he got 8 FUCKING MONTHS of vacation, while still being paid.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: July 26, 2013, 03:37:32 am »

And I can understand he probably went through quite a bit after becoming internet infamous.
However much he went through, it wasn't enough. He deserves to have people point fingers at him and boo wherever he goes, for the rest of his life.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: July 26, 2013, 03:44:09 am »

Part of me wants to agree, but another part knows that's not right.  No one's entire life should be defined by something they did once.  He definitely deserved a good long period of shaming after what he did.  I would say it's even right that he be made to think about how he would feel about his family being pepper sprayed the same as he did to those protesters.  I wouldn't go so far as death threats or constant harassment.

I just want police to be subject to the same legal standards as anyone else.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: July 26, 2013, 07:16:44 am »

However much he went through, it wasn't enough. He deserves to have people point fingers at him and boo wherever he goes, for the rest of his life.

I dont think revenge is a good way to go about anything. Ontop of that, what if he suddently turns into a really nice guy in 5 or 10 years, should he then continue to have that same punishment?

But why the hell does he get 8 months paid leave? I want 8 months paid leave. Maby I should go around and cause physical pain and discomfort to defenceless students.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: July 26, 2013, 07:47:51 am »

I think it's standard procedure during an investigation: you don't want a possible violent cop on the streets, but then leaving someone without income for months on end is pretty bad if it turns out he's innocent. I guess the right way to do it would be to have him pay the cash back if he's found guilty of whatever.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: July 26, 2013, 09:34:13 am »

I think it's standard procedure during an investigation: you don't want a possible violent cop on the streets, but then leaving someone without income for months on end is pretty bad if it turns out he's innocent. I guess the right way to do it would be to have him pay the cash back if he's found guilty of whatever.

I don't understand why it takes 8 months to perform an investigation on an event that was recorded in its entirety from about 50 angles, and contained no subtle elements to begin with.  He literally held one person's mouth open and sprayed the stuff down his throat.  Under what circumstances that could possibly be excusable is entirely fucking beyond me.  Why it would take 8 months to determine that (but then say that even though that was wrong, he wasn't actually wrong) even more so.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: July 26, 2013, 09:51:36 am »

Get a comitee to investigate this, look at what orders he got, go on vacations, arrange a meeting of the comittee in Florida, decided to form a sub-comittee to plan the meeting, forget a meeting, spill tear gas on the paperwork and starting again...

No, it's still ridiculous.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: August 20, 2013, 12:01:14 pm »

I'd appreciate the links to agent provocateurs/sabotage when you can get them to me, Salmongod. If anyone else can contribute I'd be grateful.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: August 20, 2013, 12:11:01 pm »

Are you actually interested, or are you just trying to make a point? Since our good friend google seems quite willing to give up the goods, and you've left no indication that you've reviewed any of those sources, or had any problem with them and reason to believe we'd have something more substantial for your purposes, I'm assuming it's the second, but I don't know what point you are trying to make. In case it's the first...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=provocateurs+occupy

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: August 20, 2013, 12:40:41 pm »

It is the first, and there are dozens and dozens of cases available. The point of the post is to find cases that stand out, in case i need to discuss this and i need a poignant example. I recall Salmongod describing a particularly interesting and large-scale case in this thread, including surveillance of local leaders, and i was hoping his memory is better then mine. Otherwise, if there are any in particular that someone would like to mention, I'm asking after that.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:47:53 pm by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: August 20, 2013, 12:48:54 pm »

I think you're referring to a report I've linked several times in the NSA thread.  Just do a search for "occupy" within that thread, and it should show up quite prominently.  It does mention infiltration by law enforcement agents quite a bit.  I still haven't read through the whole report myself, though.  Just like 2/3 of it.  It's long.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: August 20, 2013, 12:53:06 pm »

Thank you.
Reading a thinner book

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: August 20, 2013, 03:53:10 pm »

I was surprised to see the extent of the open record/freedom of information requests ceded to as part of their sources, here. Are they regularly unlawfully denied or forged?
Reading a thinner book

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: August 20, 2013, 06:19:25 pm »

I honestly don't know how he managed to get so many requests granted so quickly on such a touchy subject.  He must have something up his sleeve to have been able to pull that off.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: August 20, 2013, 06:32:03 pm »

Finding a sympathetic judge who didnt like it any more than he did?
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 297