Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 297

Author Topic: Occupying Wallstreet  (Read 288962 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Occupying Wallstreet
« Reply #2700 on: February 23, 2012, 01:28:21 am »

...The people in them.

Seriously, the Occupy groups in both my town and Spokane, the two I've been to, have been entirely supplied by the people at them. Bringing supplies for themselves plus any extra stuff they may have. (Tents, signs, etc.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: February 23, 2012, 01:36:09 am »

Yeah.  I've donated supplies myself.  It was all just people chipping in what they could.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: February 23, 2012, 03:13:24 am »

Yep; just look at the Doublefine kickstarter. A lot of people with some motivation can result in quite a large amount of donation.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: February 23, 2012, 05:30:09 am »

Also Iran, Soviet Russia, the Illuminati and the Interdimensional Brotherhood of Evil Uncapitalist Antiamericans, of course.
Love, scriver~

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: February 23, 2012, 10:55:07 am »

Don't forget the media.  Remember, you can't trust evidence.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: February 23, 2012, 11:02:20 am »

Remember, you can't trust evidence.

I've been doing it wrong all these years! :P
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: February 23, 2012, 03:48:29 pm »

Remember, you can't trust evidence.

I've been doing it wrong all these years! :P
"Your honor, I request a mistrial on the basis that the prosecutor has been corrupted by the Liberal Media Conspiracy."
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: February 26, 2012, 08:09:46 pm »

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:18:51 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: February 26, 2012, 09:13:50 pm »

I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: February 27, 2012, 05:41:00 pm »

Anonymous has put out an open call for revolution via destruction of the current U.S. government.

I'm not too worried, because I don't think anybody will seriously act on this.  Regardless, they are being dangerously over-eager.

1. Even if the people are ready for this, which I am doubtful of, they are definitely not ready to be united in it. There is an intense culture war going on in America right now between the right and the left. The left will be ready to unite, despite differences, and try to re-instate a government that works fairly for everyone. The religious right will not share that interest. They don't want fairness. They want their way imposed on everyone at any cost. They are the best armed and most violent. It won't end well. This divide among the people needs to be resolved before a revolution is possible.

2. Even if a revolution is successfully carried out, there is no popular ideology that is prepared to replace what we currently have. There needs to be a shift in our cultural values before a shift in the policies of our institutions can occur. Our government right now is representative of the only way of life that we currently know. We need a solid vision of another way of life, or we're doomed to re-build the same thing again.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: February 27, 2012, 05:48:55 pm »

It's just "Anonymus" being the same pathetic infantiles as always.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: February 27, 2012, 05:53:39 pm »

Seriously, this is just silly. So silly that I bet the FBI won't even conduct a curiosity investigation.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: February 27, 2012, 06:14:18 pm »

Maybe they'll investigate what the hell anonymous is smoking and where they can get it.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: February 27, 2012, 06:15:33 pm »

If this srs bsnss kicks off we could either have the defining moment of my generation (The US Revolution) or the most pathetic attempt at revolution in history.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: February 27, 2012, 06:18:13 pm »

There isn't going to be a revolution in the US. Revolutions do not happen in modernized electoral democracies where people aren't starving to death in the streets, economic inequalities be dammed.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 297