Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 297

Author Topic: Occupying Wallstreet  (Read 289296 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Occupying Wallstreet
« Reply #1801 on: November 23, 2011, 09:32:01 pm »

So....a "Thomas Fowler" has filed a copyright claim on the original UC Davis pepper spray incident video. Apparently he's some journalist who wrote an article on the subject a few days ago.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: November 23, 2011, 09:37:11 pm »

Good luck with that, Thomas Fowler.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: November 23, 2011, 09:52:03 pm »

So....a "Thomas Fowler" has filed a copyright claim on the original UC Davis pepper spray incident video. Apparently he's some journalist who wrote an article on the subject a few days ago.
Actually, he was the guy who filmed the video on his phone. This is his original video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmJmmnMkuEM&feature=related
and it's still up.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: November 23, 2011, 10:56:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I guessed it wouldn't take too long for this to happen.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: November 23, 2011, 11:01:03 pm »

Wouldn't Queen Celestia be part of the 1% of ponyville?

I thought Twilight sparkle was her minion.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: November 23, 2011, 11:11:07 pm »

She was tardy with a 'friendship' report.

(Really a report on how she was oppressing the people, of course)
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: November 24, 2011, 12:34:04 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: November 24, 2011, 08:14:28 pm »

From what I understand, those UC Davis police officers were surrounded by the protesters and couldn't leave without going through them. If you are going to surround and trap a bunch of police officers, you damn well better be prepared for the consequences.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: November 24, 2011, 08:17:24 pm »

Sitting on the ground in a circle =/= Surrounding and trapping a bunch of cops.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: November 24, 2011, 08:26:52 pm »

Halp! Halp! Evil sitting protestors were frightening poor riot cops!

There's a VIDEO of what happened, which has been posted here. There are testimonials of students and teachers. How can you twist reality so casually when the facts are a click away?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: November 24, 2011, 09:10:44 pm »

From what I understand, those UC Davis police officers were surrounded by the protesters and couldn't leave without going through them. If you are going to surround and trap a bunch of police officers, you damn well better be prepared for the consequences.

They did encircle the police, but it was nothing more than symbolic.  The video shows police stepping over the line of sitting protesters multiple times completely uncontested, and very obviously without any fear.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: November 24, 2011, 09:14:26 pm »

Is it wrong to fantasize about doing horrible things to that cop? Get a couple of guys, 4 or 5, break into his house at night, preferrably without waking him. Then you need two guys to hold him down, one to hold his head in place, and one to hold the trigger on the pepper spray down until the can runs dry.

I think I have issues.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: November 24, 2011, 09:16:25 pm »

Yes, quite probably.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: November 24, 2011, 09:18:16 pm »

Is it wrong to fantasize about doing horrible things to that cop? Get a couple of guys, 4 or 5, break into his house at night, preferrably without waking him. Then you need two guys to hold him down, one to hold his head in place, and one to hold the trigger on the pepper spray down until the can runs dry.

I think I have issues.
Yes, breaking and enter a cop's home and (attempt to) pepper spray him. Of all the cops i know, most of them own a pillow gun, have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 297