Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 297

Author Topic: Occupying Wallstreet  (Read 289758 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Occupying Wallstreet
« Reply #1365 on: November 05, 2011, 12:58:47 am »

So... Are they intentionally targeting Veterans, or are there a lot more critically injured people we just have not heard about?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: November 05, 2011, 01:02:18 am »

So... Are they intentionally targeting Veterans, or are there a lot more critically injured people we just have not heard about?

Probably the latter...

What gets me is; this guy was injured on Wednesday... so, after they had already copped all sorts of crap for excessive violence, they go out and do it again when there is absolutely no excuse (I'm not saying there was any justification for Olsen, mind, just that they could at least claim it was only one or two stupid cops in that case).
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: November 05, 2011, 10:16:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: November 09, 2011, 09:07:56 am »

Major student fees protest march in London today. Massive police presence and warnings of rubber bullets if they leave the planned route (good way to stop younger students marching given they are the ones most screwed over by the changes).

Looks like a splinter from the Occupy movement have used the chance to move tents into Trafalgar square.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 09, 2011, 09:10:26 am »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 09, 2011, 10:16:35 am »

FOX News is hard at work making sure people know that the Occupy movement is full of violent sex fiends.

We should applaud these bold pioneers in pushing this story that the mainstream media (which is to say, EVERYONE else in the reality-based media) isn't picking up. I'm not saying that some of this isn't happening, but that's as yellow a piece of journalism as any I've ever seen.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 09, 2011, 10:54:04 am »

FOX News is hard at work making sure people know that the Occupy movement is full of violent sex fiends.
I knew it!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: November 09, 2011, 11:03:11 am »

So Fox News is just being Fox News again?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: November 09, 2011, 12:41:59 pm »

I knew it!
I am trying to come up with a way to make a joke about "hard at work" and "violent sex fiends" that won't get me immediately banned, and I'm hoping that was it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: November 09, 2011, 03:24:49 pm »

So, it probably doesn't matter to anyone besides RedKing and I, but the Occupy Raleigh protestors may be facing more arrests tonight. I know this because my Law & Justice teacher has been doing on-site research of them for our class, and found out that the group's more radical members want to try to create a permanent headquarters in a park near their protest location by force now that their permit for a spot at said park has been officially denied by the city council, 3-0. The less radical members of Occupy Raleigh are apparently trying to reason with them, but they're going over there tonight, and once the park officially closes.....
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: November 09, 2011, 03:25:36 pm »

Good God. Do the protesters know they're all violent sex criminals? We must warn them somehow!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: November 09, 2011, 03:37:53 pm »

So, it probably doesn't matter to anyone besides RedKing and I, but the Occupy Raleigh protestors may be facing more arrests tonight. I know this because my Law & Justice teacher has been doing on-site research of them for our class, and found out that the group's more radical members want to try to create a permanent headquarters in a park near their protest location by force now that their permit for a spot at said park has been officially denied by the city council, 3-0. The less radical members of Occupy Raleigh are apparently trying to reason with them, but they're going over there tonight, and once the park officially closes.....

Meh. I hate to say it, but I cut all ties to Occupy Raleigh a couple of weeks ago. Too much pissing matches and ego struggles for my taste. Plus, honestly there's not that much to protest here. We have it pretty good. I think the diehards would do more good going to New York or DC and bolstering the numbers there. Or Charlotte...god, there's a worthy target. Go camp out in front of Bank of America...that's a real villain in all this, not the state government. Tea Partiers protest the government, Occupiers are supposed to be focused on protesting Wall Street.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1377 on: November 09, 2011, 09:19:55 pm »

Tea Partiers protest the government, Occupiers are supposed to be focused on protesting Wall Street.
I'm afraid I must bring out these again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: November 09, 2011, 09:49:13 pm »

Though a major difference between the two is Occupy is protesting something that is happening while the Tea Party protest against stuff they're afraid might happen (aka fearmongering)

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 09, 2011, 10:17:38 pm »

They are both large, popular movements. There are legitimate complaints and there is fearmongering on all sides. Every single side. Forever.

You generally only see the legitimate complaints on your own preferred flavour, and you generally only see the fearmongering on the flavour you don't like. That's how this whole thing works. And if you disagree with anyone who flies your flag, they are not "truly" a part of your movement. They say they are, but they are not. And this happens on every side, every single side. Also, forever.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 297