Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 297

Author Topic: Occupying Wallstreet  (Read 290060 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Occupying Wallstreet
« Reply #1050 on: October 26, 2011, 11:57:55 pm »

Hrm. The statement I was talking about can be phrased as "In terms of leftness, pro-genocide < anti-labor union", or "pro-genocide > pro-labor union", so yeah, you're right. Would have to propose that genocide is left of unions for the statement to be technically correct. Too tired, I am.

EDIT: ...I'm going to be visiting the out of context thread soon, aren't I?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 27, 2011, 12:01:00 am »

The political spectrum is not a circle. It's a delliberate misrepresentation which has survived to our day and lost it's original meaning
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 27, 2011, 12:12:27 am »

Interesting part of the article.

"We will allow people to demonstrate, to march and to express their opinions," Jordan said. But he and Quan stressed that camping will not be permitted and free speech activities should occur only between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
Oh good, we've made free speech conditional. And here I was worrying.
See! I knew there was nothing to worry about!
What the hell? I thought 'free speech activities' were protected in the Federal constitution? Does California get an exemption or something?

The political spectrum is not a circle. It's a deliberate misrepresentation which has survived to our day and lost it's original meaning
The liberals(radicals) sat on the left end of the table in the French revolution, though I forget the group name of the conservative group on the right. Moderates were in the middle, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 27, 2011, 12:19:34 am »

French revolution?  I thought left wing dated to the french general assembly before the revolution.  The people's representatives sat on the left, the clergy in the middle and the nobles on the right.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 27, 2011, 01:16:58 am »

Huh. So those 'centrists' are obviously opposed to separation of church and state! I KNEW IT! :)
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 27, 2011, 02:18:19 am »

An article on the political backlash of the confrontations in Oakland.  I do kinda feel like too much blame and anger is being piled on the mayor, who apparently has an impressive history of activism.  The whole thing was definitely a botch, but I think a lot of bad decisions by a lot of people, perhaps a bad law enforcement culture, and some major irresponsibility by some protesters are all to blame.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kukouri

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Kukouri Mobile Entertainment
    • View Profile
    • Kukouri Mobile Entertainment
« Reply #1056 on: October 27, 2011, 03:40:32 am »

I'll be visiting the States in about a week, been thinking about swinging up to NYC just to check out OWS.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 27, 2011, 03:41:21 am »

A spambot with an avatar.

... My god.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 27, 2011, 03:42:56 am »

I'm not entirely sure that this one is a spambot. If it is, it's definitely human, not a program.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 27, 2011, 04:01:06 am »

Not spam I think: there's no link. Also, it has made relevant statements. So it's either really good, or not spambot, but if I can't tell the difference, it doesn't really matter anymore, does it? :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 27, 2011, 04:02:48 am »

Unless it's making posts everywhere, getting us used to it, then putting the links in.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 27, 2011, 04:04:17 am »

Well currently, the website link is obviously not a private website. Unless whoever this is owns the presumably small company and named his account after it. Still weird though.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 27, 2011, 04:07:07 am »

Funny anomaly detected! Can't wait to see how that progresses.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 27, 2011, 06:14:06 am »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 27, 2011, 06:17:15 am »

Go Oakland! Respect for not bowing down.

Well currently, the website link is obviously not a private website. Unless whoever this is owns the presumably small company and named his account after it. Still weird though.
Well, my company name == my nickname. I'm just not doing anything with it, but otherwise I'd probably link it from my profile.
We're watching you, kukouri... one misstep, and you're off to the magmapits!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 297