Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 297

Author Topic: Occupying Wallstreet  (Read 289046 times)

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Occupying Wallstreet
« Reply #4185 on: December 20, 2012, 12:07:01 am »

Proofreading is a thing that you can do. Besides, it's not "1 or 2" errors, it's two spelling errors and a malapropism every 10 words or so.
I don't think you get it, its not a simple "He is not reading it over"

to me dose and does look the same, and worlds that spell the same, that's why you often see me spell "right" but wrong worlds, I CANT PHYSICALITY tell the diffidence, the way I read is in context

the first post, with spell checker on shows ONE world misspell

But I dont think this is, to me the most obuvis one was the guys just did not want to talk, no harm there. IMO its making a mounting out of a mole hill
Spell check wont give me the world i'm looking for, i attempted to respell it FOUR times I'm not getting close to the right world so spell check is no help, i cant spell it right no matter how hard I tyry what the hell do you want me to do? magically become a good speller?
I'm sounding it out "obuvis" is what I hear as beast as I can pull it

Only one world is misspell and I'm psychically not capable of telling if this world or that word is right I DONT do it that way, I have 100% no problem going through and reading a world misspell right

an exampled;e

He dose not know where to go
he does not know where to go

I read those as the same no matter what
Same for to, too, two, etc

I cant "do" English, just like some spend their who school life trying to get math and not doing it
I CANT

this is not a case of not trying, schools tried and tried, for years, its just not going to happen

Ever had tried to do advance math? Cal or above? cant do it? same thing with me and English

Criptfeind
also I don't give a care about your "respect", your respect is flicked if that what it takes to lose\gain it
15 years? big whoop I've done it for over two decades and WAY more hard then you ever possibly could, there where times in 4th and 5ht grade where I would work on it in till the NEXT DAY, nothing good ever came out of it.
you did it congrats, don't mean every one can, many music makers played while being death, it don't mean all who death can make music anywhere near that level
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:09:37 am by Wolfy »
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: December 20, 2012, 12:11:29 am »

It is not even a manner of not being able to select amongst homonyms or get the correct "to", even though you obviously can since you just demonstrated it. You lack even basic sentence structure and punctuation. I can't even understand what you are trying to convey sometimes.

If you have such problems with English that you are actually, physically incapable of typing in it with any degree of proficiency, you'd be better off writing your posts in your first language and putting them through Google Translate.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: December 20, 2012, 12:21:43 am »

It is not even a manner of not being able to select amongst homonyms or get the correct "to", even though you obviously can since you just demonstrated it.
You misunderstand me, I cant tell which is right while reading or what not, i know of the problem, I know one is one and the other is but when it comes to reading and what not, as in proof reading I will read over it no matter how many times I read it

when I read something like two instead of too don't stop me, I'll read it as too, which means I cant proof read because when I do I read it as too and read it as if its right.

so no amount of reading over ever lets me know "this is wrong" I read it as i intended it, if it was not for spell check a lot more would be wrong

English is my native tounge in sense its the only one I know, but for what ever reason i was NEVER good at it, had problems all through school went to summer school every year for it, and if it was not for public schools being well dumb, i would never of graduated, but 13 years (14 they held me back in Kindergarten for my English)
for what ever reason I never got "native tongue" even my talking has a lot of... weird parts to it

I dont know why it happen, I dont know what it is, but nothing anyone has ever tried has ever worked, and I'm tired of trying, I spent all my child hood studying it, then teens and upwards, I'm tired of trying

I'm tired of being called out on it like I'M NOT TRYING

its a problem but I cant fix it.

I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: December 20, 2012, 12:28:38 am »

Wolfy:  The reason spell checker doesn't help you is because you are most often using one word in place of another, such as when you type "world" when you mean "word".  It doesn't catch it because you're not technically misspelling those words.  People are generally forgiving of typos and simple errors, but you are actually difficult to understand at times.  I can still mostly understand you and care less about your language skills than I do about content.  Still, you need to listen to everyone's advice.  Don't just give up trying to improve your language skills because your current level is seriously crippling.  It will prevent you from being taken seriously in most intelligent communities or professional contexts, and ruin many opportunities.  I'm not saying this to insult you.  I'm saying this as advice to you.  This is assuming english is your first language.  If not, and you don't depend on it wherever you live, it's probably not as important.  Also, ignore this if you really are trying.  All I'm saying is don't give up.

Anyway, you asked for proof of police using illegal tactics in order to serve private interests over the public, because you don't believe it's something that happens frequently.  I've been putting that post together.  It's slow going, mostly because I'm having to do all my sourcing and fact-checking while at work.  You asked for it, though, and you'll get it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:31:13 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: December 20, 2012, 08:02:05 am »

We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: December 20, 2012, 10:26:20 am »

"former middle class"...
Teehee, pubic schools.

That's surprisingly relevant in this thread :p

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #4191 on: December 21, 2012, 03:51:20 pm »

http://bgr.com/2012/12/20/myspace-tom-ridicules-working-people-261047/

yea, stupid people working for a living and wanting to have time with their families.  ::)
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: December 21, 2012, 04:04:18 pm »

The quote as given sounded more like pity than mockery to me.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: December 21, 2012, 04:08:39 pm »

He's an asshat either way.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: December 21, 2012, 07:05:01 pm »

The quote as given sounded more like pity than mockery to me.

Anderson’s tirade was in response to criticism from one of his Twitter followers who mocked Anderson for not being “able to keep a social network alive.”

Makes it sound more like an "I'm better than you" sort of statement.  Though I actually don't mind much if people were being dicks to him and thereby asking for it.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: December 25, 2012, 04:48:10 am »

What proof do you have of this happening?

I'm not beliving what I want, I see no proof of this happining, yes you always hear about it, but its never backed up with any proof show me proof

As for by the dozen being arrested and doing something to cause it or not, its not uncommon a lot of BAD protesters out there that ruin it for others, so yes I could easily see them hold them in till its over so they dont cause anymore problems then dont pursue so they dont have to go through the legal system,there is nothing wrong wiht that IMO

It's just like how when they sometimes let someone go when they could technically put legal charges on them, its just not worth it, but keeping them there is going to egg more people on

Do I belive cops are doing what i just said? Yes, I also believe some do what you said
but no where near the level your acting like it is

you claim its cheaper and better for PR PROVE it, going through court cost a LOT, and can be dragged out, in fact your side often uses that excused reverse claiming the cops slow the trials down so that the people have no choice to pay for it, guess what? it works both ways they can take hospital people off the streets let them cool down then let them go, not having to pay thousandth of dollars, or they could take them in and do that AND even have more heat form people like you who instantly assume "dozen get arrested? there is no way they did anything wrong!!!!!!"
We don't know what they did or did not do.

Put it this way, cops do it all the time at huge parades and partys, remove the guys who got a little to excited so more dont.

Are all of them doing it legally? of course not, but its far form "common" IMO

I'm sorry this took me so long to put together.  I've had a whole bunch of stuff to attend to at home, and ended up this together over a couple days at work.  There's also a lot of new links coming up in searches, burying the ones I'm looking for.  I promised this, though, so here it is.  I could definitely continue to dig up more, but I need to actually post this thing someday.

I'm going to use the 2008 RNC as my model case here.  There's nothing noteworthy about it.  It wasn't the first to respond to large protests in this manner, and it wasn't the worst.  There's just a lot of information about it.  Enough internet-based independent media infrastructure had been set up and public awareness to spotlight and document these procedures.  St Paul received about $51 million in corporate donations for hosting the RNC.  They used a portion of that moneyto buy legal insurance that would cover up to $10 million in lawsuits.  This way they could be free to engage in illegal police practices, and their insurance would cover the consequences in court.  Most notably, there were no-knock warrants issued for raids on several organizing centers, where police kicked in the doors, confiscated everything in the building, and then gave most of it back after the convention without any solid legal justification.  In one case, they even pulled over and seized a "sustainable living" bus, which a family actually used as their home while touring the country and demonstrating sustainable permaculture.  It was traveling to the RNC with some guest protesters on-board.  Those people were left stranded/homeless.  About 800 people were arrested, most of them in mass arrests, including a 323 person mass arrest on the last day.  Only 15 arrests from the entire event resulted in criminal charges.

All of this is stuff that had been done before, and has in fact been expected at every major political convention or summit since the Battle in Seattle.  It was just larger scale and more brazen, emboldened by the fact that there were very little consequences for anything they might do.  Add to this the fact that they are literally being paid to do this by private interests who want to avoid disruption of their events by concerned and wronged citizens.  Before, local leaders were at least somewhat hesitant to order tactics such as these, because the city itself paid the damages later out of taxpayer funds.  Now, it's basically a direct alliance where government forces are hired in mercenary fashion to abuse the law on their behalf.

BTW, these types of mass arrests have been ruled quite illegal in federal court.  And it is definitely not a cheaper practice than attempting to carry out legitimate charges, as Chicago recently learned the hard way.

We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Redd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: December 25, 2012, 05:43:48 am »

Have you guys seen the recently released FBI docs regarding the movement? There's mention of using the protests as an opportunity to assassinate the OWS leadership by sniper fire, although they've redacted just which entity was planning this. Aryan Nations, Anonymous and OWS itself are all openly mentioned in the release relating to criminal and 'domestic terror' activity, yet they protect the identity of the would-be assassins, like their plans are not trenchantly criminal/terrorist. Stay class(war)y.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: December 25, 2012, 05:49:05 am »

I've seen that getting passed around a lot.  I have two links regarding that open in tabs right now.  Haven't got around to reading yet.

An identified [redacted] of October planned to engage in sniper attacks against protesters in Houston, Texas, if deemed necessary.

Emphasis mine.  Wording indicates this isn't a vendetta.  It's a contingency plan.  As in if the movement grows too much and can't be suppressed by police, do this.  That's the way I read it, anyway.  This is why leaderless movement.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:53:14 am by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Redd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: December 25, 2012, 06:39:57 am »

It later reads:

"This [redacted] identified the exploitation of the Occupy Movement by [redacted] interested in developing a long-term plan to kill local Occupy leaders via sniper fire."

Emphasis mine. Fits right into the definition of vendetta now that you mention the word, although I still prefer to call it terrorism. It's not about 'neutralizing' a riot by regretful use of force, it's about willfully quashing opposing points of view via a campaign of murder. I'd quite like to know who is behind that and why they get special treatment from the FBI in regards to their schemes, where the other organizations mentioned do not.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 297