Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 297

Author Topic: Occupying Wallstreet  (Read 289735 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Occupying Wallstreet
« Reply #3660 on: August 26, 2012, 09:18:16 pm »

Switzerland helped shut down Wikileaks, but Switzerland does horrible stuff to everyone who can't fight back. They're a nation of opportunists. If he actually goes there they'll probably leave him be.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: August 27, 2012, 12:42:36 am »

Wouldn't his best shot be to convince Peaceful Protesters to stage a riot in front of the embassy and use the resulting mess to run away?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: August 27, 2012, 05:14:02 am »

Get all his supporters to dye their hair white and dress identical to him and surround the building. Then everyone, including him scatters... or find some other disguise that might work well... police uniforms probably a no-no. OOOH! EVERYONE DRESSES AS A DIPLOMATIC PACKAGE!

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: August 27, 2012, 05:21:49 am »

Get all his supporters to dye their hair white and dress identical to him and surround the building. Then everyone, including him scatters... or find some other disguise that might work well... police uniforms probably a no-no. OOOH! EVERYONE DRESSES AS A DIPLOMATIC PACKAGE!

-insert tasteless joke about large packages here-
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: August 27, 2012, 11:30:57 am »

This needs to happen, mostly because it'd be one of the funniest goddamn things that's ever happened on our planet.

Bonus points if some of them show up in a clown car.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: August 27, 2012, 01:50:24 pm »

So, like that one scene from Sister Act?

I support this idea!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: August 28, 2012, 01:36:47 pm »

Wish I had more time to keep tabs on this stuff.  The RNC should be a rough event, and I'm curious as to how much force Occupy can put into it.

A salon.com writer tags along with an Occupy march at the RNC.

The official website for the RNC '12 protests.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: August 29, 2012, 02:42:17 am »

It's all about the imaginary number games.

America - Fuck Yeah!

Does it seem to anyone else like the officer is putting on a show for his audience?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 01:30:07 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: September 04, 2012, 08:37:07 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/hacking-group-leaks-1-million-apple-user-ids-161351857.html

According to the Anonymous-allied hackers, a list of 12.4 million Apple Unique Device Identifiers (UDID) was found on an FBI agent's Dell notebook. Each UDID was associated with user names, device info, and in some cases, phone numbers, names, and addresses. It is unknown why the FBI would have such information on hand. AntiSec leaked 1,000,001 of those UDIDs to bring light to the government's data collecting effort.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: September 04, 2012, 11:19:53 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/hacking-group-leaks-1-million-apple-user-ids-161351857.html

According to the Anonymous-allied hackers, a list of 12.4 million Apple Unique Device Identifiers (UDID) was found on an FBI agent's Dell notebook. Each UDID was associated with user names, device info, and in some cases, phone numbers, names, and addresses. It is unknown why the FBI would have such information on hand. AntiSec leaked 1,000,001 of those UDIDs to bring light to the government's data collecting effort.
"It is unknown why the FBI would have such information on hand."
0.o

I wonder how many of them anti-sec hasn't leaked. Because, if you find a massive stock of them, it's not going to be exactly 1,000,001 of them.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: September 05, 2012, 02:05:31 am »

Um... ~11.4 million, or thereabouts.

Unless the article says something otherwise, I guess. Haven't actually read it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: September 05, 2012, 02:07:40 am »

*Facepalm*

And that's why scelly is an idiot, kids!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: September 05, 2012, 09:17:44 am »

We know.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: September 05, 2012, 11:01:55 am »

But we like him anyway.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: September 05, 2012, 12:36:38 pm »

I don't know how many people here are aware of the band Pussy Riot and their trial in Russia.  I've had this link up in my browser for a while, because it's a long read... but I finally got around to it and it's worth it.

Here's What Russian Punk Band Pussy Riot Said At The Conclusion Of Their Controversial Blasphemy Trial
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 297