Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 297

Author Topic: Occupying Wallstreet  (Read 289800 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Occupying Wallstreet
« Reply #3615 on: August 16, 2012, 06:47:24 am »

Wait this is one of the guys that worked with wiki leaks? I been a little out of touch this this topic.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: August 16, 2012, 06:48:12 am »

Wait this is one of the guys that worked with wiki leaks? I been a little out of touch this this topic.

Julian Assange is the core founder and spokesman of Wikileaks.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: August 16, 2012, 06:56:22 am »

Then by releasing US government Info he committed a major crime, espionage, which means no only is the CIA probably watching him but if he gets to Ecuador, He's going to be dragged off by the CIA, or just picked off one day.
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: August 16, 2012, 07:05:09 am »

Then by releasing US government Info he committed a major crime, espionage, which means no only is the CIA probably watching him but if he gets to Ecuador, He's going to be dragged off by the CIA, or just picked off one day.

No, he didn't. He's not a U.S. citizen, and was not on U.S. soil at the time. Nor did what he do break any internationally ratified laws.

Now Bradley Manning (who leaked many of those documents to wikileaks), yeah, he broke the law, but Assange? He just pissed off the U.S. government. Unwise, perhaps, but hardly a crime.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: August 16, 2012, 07:22:58 am »

The only thing he's guilty of is journalism... real journalism.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Live updates on RT.com.

Occupy London is still gathering supporters, and expects to end up with about 700 at the scene.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 07:26:56 am by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: August 16, 2012, 07:32:37 am »

Also possibly rape

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: August 16, 2012, 07:39:47 am »

and breaking a bail.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: August 16, 2012, 07:58:41 am »

Also possibly rape

Not in the U.S.  In Sweden... well... yes and no.  First, I don't have time to fully refresh myself on the details but IIRC, Sweden is the only place in the world where the things he's accused of would even be considered rape, and his actions are at the least serious end of their gradient scale of rape definitions.  If the accusations are true, then he's probably kind of a sleaze, but not what most people would call a rapist. 

The women didn't even accuse him of anything initially.  They only wanted him to submit an HIV test.  The accusations were made only to force him to return and take that test.  The case was closed after a rather short period.  They were re-opened again by the state in a very oddly aggressive fashion, and IIRC, one of the women even refused to cooperate with the prosecution in this 2nd round.

Some major updates on that RT feed

12:39 GMT: Ecuador grants Assange political asylum.

12:35 GMT: Ecuador requested confirmation from the UK that Assange would not be extradited to the US, but London would not commit to a statement, Patino says.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: August 16, 2012, 09:27:12 am »

It doesn't particularly matter whether the US considers it rape or not considering the event allegedly happened in Sweden.  In any case it's disturbing how many people seem to think that prior sexual consent justifies later nonconsensual sex, which is essentially what he's being accused of.  Even if it's not rape it's a serious sexual offence.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: August 16, 2012, 09:29:21 am »

I would say he's more valuable to humanity running wikileaks than he is as a deterrent against rape.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: August 16, 2012, 09:31:13 am »

If you're trying to make a greater good argument, I don't see it.  Wikileaks can keep running fine without him and not bothering to follow up the allegations sends a clear message to powerful men that they can sexually abuse with impunity.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: August 16, 2012, 09:36:18 am »

Eh, the allegations of rape are not his primary concern... as has been said, it looks a hell of a lot like a pit stop straight to a US dog and pony show...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #3627 on: August 16, 2012, 10:42:55 am »

It doesn't particularly matter whether the US considers it rape or not considering the event allegedly happened in Sweden.  In any case it's disturbing how many people seem to think that prior sexual consent justifies later nonconsensual sex, which is essentially what he's being accused of.  Even if it's not rape it's a serious sexual offence.

That isn't what he is being accused of.

He is accused of being dishonest with a partner who agreed to consensual sex.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: August 16, 2012, 11:19:00 am »

I recommend you all watch this recent documentary made by the most respected investigative journalism show on Australian TV covering that actual nature of the Assange charges. Posted this elsewhere, but it belongs here, and is indispensable if you want to discuss the actual case and no hearsay.

Warning: this is 46 minutes in total

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2012/07/19/3549280.htm

Guys, the rape charges are ludicrous, laughable.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 11:23:42 am by Reelya »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: August 16, 2012, 11:33:38 am »

So they want to get him arrested because he's getting all of the ladies and they wanted him to go take a test for STIs?
That sounds... a bit overblown really.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 297