Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 297

Author Topic: Occupying Wallstreet  (Read 289117 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Occupying Wallstreet
« Reply #2460 on: December 20, 2011, 09:40:24 pm »

Not Good:
http://shine.yahoo.com/financially-fit/marriage-chances-rise-salary-195200744.html

Excellent:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/d-oh-oil-industry-lobbyists-punked-enviro-activist-143714171.html

The best way to stab something in the back is to pretend to be its friend. Cost them as much as humanly possible.

That's why I always forgive my enemies; that way they never see my vengeance coming....
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 09:44:14 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: December 20, 2011, 11:41:23 pm »

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/20/9587551-occupy-protesters-indicted-on-felony-charges-in-houston

Felony charges because it is apparently now a crime to have PVC, as it is now a 'criminal instrument.'
The protesters -- three from Austin, four from Houston -- put their arms through the pipe and used latches on it to connect together, making their arrest more difficult but not preventing it, said one of their attorneys, Daphne Silverman, of the National Lawyer's Guild in Houston. Donna Hawkins, a spokeswoman for the District Attorney's Office, confirmed the indictment.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: December 20, 2011, 11:48:54 pm »

PVC pipe? Criminal Instrument? But... that makes my PVC orchestra bells I made for Science Olympiad last year felonic instead of melodic!

Is there any chance the prosecutors will get away with this?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: December 20, 2011, 11:53:12 pm »

You have been paying attention, right? This prosecution is being done by the police, and the police are above the law and can do anything they want to civilians. Of course they'll get away with it, and the protestors in question are never going to have any measure of success again if they survive their 20 years in prison.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2464 on: December 20, 2011, 11:54:18 pm »

You have been paying attention, right? This prosecution is being done by the police, and the police are above the law and can do anything they want to civilians. Of course they'll get away with it, and the protestors in question are never going to have any measure of success again if they survive their 20 years in prison.

Oh don't worry, they won't get 20 years. Only 2.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: December 21, 2011, 12:02:05 am »

Your reactions are un-American. It is the patriotic duty of all citizens to be conveniently arrestable at all times. PVC, with it’s cheapness and many sizes to accomidate all manner of limbs, is clearly designed to foil honest arrests.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: December 21, 2011, 12:02:52 am »

That's just it; they aren't intending to actually convict them on the charges, it's an intimidation tactic; even being accused of a felony can have a lot of consequences for people.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2467 on: December 21, 2011, 12:03:16 am »

Your reactions are un-American. It is the patriotic duty of all citizens to be conveniently arrestable at all times. PVC, with it’s cheapness and many sizes to accomidate all manner of limbs, is clearly designed to foil honest arrests.

I think pepper spray is in order.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2468 on: December 21, 2011, 12:19:14 am »

Neh. That's a poe, don't worry about it.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: December 21, 2011, 12:29:22 am »

I think pepper spray is in order.

Sparingly! I do not like my protesters with excessive seasoning.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2470 on: December 21, 2011, 12:30:41 am »

Neh. That's a poe, don't worry about it.

Yup.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: December 21, 2011, 10:39:00 am »

That's just it; they aren't intending to actually convict them on the charges, it's an intimidation tactic; even being accused of a felony can have a lot of consequences for people.
Agreed, people just look at the word 'Felony'(Insert any other bad record here.) on their record and then immediately think the worst, damned what the actual reason could be.... this applies to a number of things....  There is no 'fair' when it comes to first impressions. 
Think of it when you next look for a job or anything of that matter.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: December 21, 2011, 12:26:36 pm »

I was playing Borderlands last night, and this is honestly starting to remind me of the Atlas Drones in that.

"Attention hostile: if you would allow us to murder you peacefully, it would be appreciated, and make your clean-up easier. Thank you."
"Remember, citizens, bullets cost money and resources. Do your part by dying quickly."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #2473 on: December 21, 2011, 03:55:53 pm »

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: December 21, 2011, 04:02:08 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/cops-ready-war-094500010.html

Well, I dunno what to think of it. I side of my brain says they might use that stuff againest the Occupy protesters, another says they are just wasting money.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 297