Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 297

Author Topic: Occupying Wallstreet  (Read 289336 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Occupying Wallstreet
« Reply #1725 on: November 22, 2011, 03:31:57 am »

I'm actually finding my own local occupy wallstreet effort quite funny.
75 people or less in a park about the size of a city block. It does NOT feel crowded at all. The effort is actually pretty laughable...

So, our Mayor says these guys are a public health hazard and all kinds of crap, so decides to not renew a permit allowing them to have shelter. He sends in the police the day after he decides not to renew it to confiscate all the structures.
I'm sitting here going "Really? Our Homeless population on the greenway is more disruptive than these guys and more in violation of the law, and THIS is the unsanitary group? A group who setup their own sanitation and kept the park cleaner than it's been in years?
It's ridiculous. Nobody is being clubbed, but it makes you go "WTF?!"
Of course it's not like our "protesters" weren't willing to take advantage of this. Look at this link
Particularly pay attention to the guy with the bowl at 9:40

Anyone Curious, Colorado Springs has a population of over 400,000. So what you are seeing is the 0.02% of my city ;)

It's cold, what can I say?
Balls cold, gave some guy my old jacket during the snowstorm, i do help the Denver guys once in a while either cooking or first aid (trust me, im a doctor :P)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1726 on: November 22, 2011, 10:19:11 am »

I still have not managed to make it to an occupy rally... but I have been occupying the interwebs.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: November 22, 2011, 12:28:17 pm »

Don't worry guys, according to fox news, pepper spray is no big deal, 'it's a food product essentially'! :D
http://thedailywh.at/2011/11/22/say-what-now-of-the-day-18/#disqus_thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: November 22, 2011, 12:41:57 pm »

Don't worry guys, according to fox news, pepper spray is no big deal, 'it's a food product essentially'! :D
So is ricin. For that matter, so is salmonella and botulism.
EDIT: The more I think about this, the more pissed off I get. I love hot food and hot sauces, and I've accidentally gotten just a smidge of Dave's Insanity Sauce (roughly 180,000 Scovilles) in my eye before and been in agony. The stuff they used at Berkeley was pure capsaicin which is about 15 to 16 MILLION Scovilles (i.e. about 80 times more concentrated).

I would love to see FOX catch so much flack for this that Megan Kelly has to publicly undergo pepper spraying or recant. Just like there was a media craze for having reporters get tased in the wake of the "Don't tase me, bro!" thing.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:54:05 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: November 22, 2011, 12:49:53 pm »

Okay America, us Europeans will stop making fat jokes when you stop classifying everything as foods. Pizza as a vegetable was rather bad, but this is going too far. Do you eat everything now?
Blargh.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: November 22, 2011, 12:55:02 pm »

Okay America, us Europeans will stop making fat jokes when you stop classifying everything as foods. Pizza as a vegetable was rather bad, but this is going too far. Do you eat everything now?

You may have a point. We've also apparently classified bullshit as a food product, because we certainly get fed enough of it on a daily basis.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: November 22, 2011, 12:59:43 pm »

As if Europe was any better...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: November 22, 2011, 01:00:30 pm »

Marginally.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: November 22, 2011, 01:29:35 pm »

Margarinally.
I've improved your post.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: November 22, 2011, 01:40:14 pm »

That he has.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: November 22, 2011, 02:00:45 pm »

Heh, now there's an image macro of Megyn Kelly, the fox news anchor who called pepper spray 'a food product essentially.' http://www.reddit.com/search?q=megyn+kelly&restrict_sr=off&sort=relevance
Mustard gas, it's a hotdog condiment essentially!
Bamboo under fingernails, it's a manicure essentially!
Fox News, it's a news network essentially!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: November 22, 2011, 02:36:12 pm »

Anyone curious about the Colorado Spring movement, Yesterday the movement set up tables near city hall. In theory for brochures. The cops wanted to know who owned them. They implied whomever owned them would get ticked, and if nobody claimed them they would never be returned.
Youtube Link of the officer implying that.
Nicholas Galetka was detained and ticketed after claiming they were his.

There ya go, the police brutality in the Hard-Core CS!
;)

I'm sure they would have broken out the pepper spray, but that might have been seen as helping to maintain a city park. This has been against the City's wishes since we refused to enlarge their trough. They are certain the citizens will break and give them more tax money once we see our parks wither away! It just might take a few years...

The Mayor's letter to his planning department reguarding occupying protesters, just because.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: November 22, 2011, 03:10:15 pm »

Apparently this guy is going memetic also.

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: November 22, 2011, 03:21:26 pm »

Anyone curious about the Colorado Spring movement, Yesterday the movement set up tables near city hall. In theory for brochures. The cops wanted to know who owned them. They implied whomever owned them would get ticked, and if nobody claimed them they would never be returned.
Youtube Link of the officer implying that.
Nicholas Galetka was detained and ticketed after claiming they were his.

There ya go, the police brutality in the Hard-Core CS!
;)

I'm sure they would have broken out the pepper spray, but that might have been seen as helping to maintain a city park. This has been against the City's wishes since we refused to enlarge their trough. They are certain the citizens will break and give them more tax money once we see our parks wither away! It just might take a few years...

The Mayor's letter to his planning department reguarding occupying protesters, just because.
lol, i just heard recently Denver Police wants a 6mill increase budget due to massive stacks of overtime and papertrails.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: November 22, 2011, 03:35:39 pm »

EDIT:The stuff they used at Berkeley was pure capsaicin which is about 15 to 16 MILLION Scovilles (i.e. about 80 times more concentrated).
Err...not exactly. Pure capsaicin is not and could not be used in pepper spray, because after around 13,000,000 Scovilles the capsaicin will start to crystallize as more is added to the mix, ending at 16,000,000 Scovilles, which is pure capsaicin crystal. Law enforcement grade pepper spray ranges from 500,000 to 2,000,000 Scovilles. I've eaten food that is near or possibly even above that lower limit, and while not pleasant, it can be bearable with acclimatization. My father, who is even more of a heat freak than I am, would probably not even have been phased by having pepper spray sprayed down his throat, but when it comes to spicy food love he is probably in the 99%th percentile. And being sprayed in the eyes is another matter entirely.

Of course, pepper spray is not food in any case.

TL:DR: Order world's hottest sauces and train with them to become immune to pepper spray.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 297