Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 297

Author Topic: Occupying Wallstreet  (Read 289982 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Occupying Wallstreet
« Reply #1110 on: October 27, 2011, 09:02:56 pm »

I think there's just one guy in Phoenix with an AR-15 (supposedly legally).  People are saying he's also a self-described neo-nazi who was discharged from the marines.

That also doesn't surprise me in the slightest.  The last thing anyone needs is these fuckers crawling out of their holes.  I remember a couple weeks ago, the newest Fox News standard shot on Occupy Wall Street was a couple of neo-Nazi anti-Semites they found, since when you have a national street protest against national banking, you're inevitably going to turn up a few "Protocols of Zion" fossils.  That move died fast, and it had better stay dead.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 27, 2011, 09:04:59 pm »

How many deaths do you forsee in the first, say, week after Scott Olsen's death should he die?
Depending on how far people explode because of it:
-The situation remains stable. (0 Deaths)
-There are non-lethal conflicts such as the ones that have occurred in Oakland a few days ago. (0 Deaths)
-There are some shootings, and Oakland protestors either disperse for a time or grow in number. (0-10 Deaths) (I'd say this one is by far most likely.)
-Localized conflict between veterans against the police. (10-200 Deaths)
-Localized warfare between armed civilians and veterans against the police and national guard. (200+ Deaths)

There were 47 deaths in the 1967 Detroit riot and 52 deaths in the 1992 Los Angeles riots, so that's where I'm getting my number estimates from.

Or, on the other hand, perhaps everyone in Oakland will die if Scott Olsen does.
I can't find anything in the Internet news about armed veterans anywhere, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
No arms in this article, but veterans are definitely joining Occupy Oakland.

And that guy in SalmonGod's video looks very familiar to me. I think I once stumbled across his YouTube channel while I was looking at conspiracy theorist videos out of morbid curiosity. If it is the same guy, he's all about forming a militia to guard people against the government, and I'm pretty sure he spoke of the New World Order in one video or another.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 27, 2011, 09:05:38 pm »

I saw at least four guys in uniform in the video SalmonGod posted, and it looked like they all had rifles.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 27, 2011, 09:07:01 pm »

According to Iraq Veterans Against the War, who are in as personal of contact as anyone can be, Oslon is conscious and able to write but isn't really speaking yet, possibly due to sedatives rather than injury.  They themselves are confused on whether the doctors don't think he'll need to be operated on, or are just optimistic about it.

Thanks for the info. I hope he makes it through this without any complications.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 27, 2011, 09:07:43 pm »

Just do what the UK has done, and get rid of all guns!

*Cough cough knife crime*
This solution isn't perfect therefore it is bad.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1115 on: October 27, 2011, 09:13:53 pm »

Just do what the UK has done, and get rid of all guns!

*Cough cough knife crime*
This solution isn't perfect therefore it is bad.

It's certainly got rid of a lot of crime, and the UK has an incredibly low Homicide crime rate, but where there is crime, it is concentrated, and it only takes one Idiot to lower the morale of everyone... Though lets not get off topic here.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 27, 2011, 09:30:57 pm »

Found a picture of the guy who was reported walking around the Oakland camp with an AK in the days before the raid.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 27, 2011, 09:33:48 pm »

...obvious shadow is obvious. Look to the right of his leg. He's standing in front of a backdrop.
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: October 27, 2011, 09:34:35 pm »

Spoiler: Shadows aside... (click to show/hide)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 27, 2011, 09:36:29 pm »

That looks like a shadow on the ground to me... if it were against a backdrop, I would expect it to continue up his full height, instead of fading into the distance.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 27, 2011, 09:43:34 pm »

Spoiler: Shadows aside... (click to show/hide)

Indeed. One might say he has the face of a messiah.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 27, 2011, 09:59:37 pm »

Shit.... Well, stuff will go very very wrong if we start seeing guns on both sides. The escalation won't be good. Especially given that protesters do not have easy access to rubber bullets, just the regular kind. :(

How many deaths do you forsee in the first, say, week after Scott Olsen's death should he die?

Certainly at least one; that officer's career.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:07:37 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 27, 2011, 10:08:20 pm »

Yeah, I really don't want to see any protesters with guns at this point.  That could spark a real violent conflict, which would shut this whole thing down pretty quickly.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1124 on: October 27, 2011, 10:12:17 pm »

Yeah, I really don't want to see any protesters with guns at this point.  That could spark a real violent conflict, which would shut this whole thing down pretty quickly.

All it would take is one idiot too make the whole cause look like the tea party...
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 297