Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Nationstates: Yes, that one  (Read 9492 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nationstates: Yes, that one
« on: September 23, 2011, 09:11:42 pm »

So, I picked up nationstates again, only to find that the community I originally joined up with has long since disbanded. So I thought Bay12 might want to try it. If you want to see what it looks like when you have a nation, here's mine as an example.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nationstates: Yes, that one
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 09:13:06 pm »

Hey, they have awards now. Still, I'm not too into the "running a nation by answering questions" system :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 09:19:13 pm »

Are you guys actually trying to "play" NationStates? I don't say this in a bad way, because I actually have a NationStates nation and I am fairly active on there, but I never really do much "playing" of the actual game. Instead I just RP with a group of nations that I've been with for a fair amount of time, which is actually very very fun. Most of NS is really centered around the metagame, not the actual game mechanics. We all have really twisted backstories for our nations (and I mean that in the "weird" sense, not the "disturbing" sense), but hey, isn't that what's writing's about?

This is my nation. Yes, I do RP as the factions from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, although I haven't really been completely true to the canon of the game. If any of you guys want to join my region and RP on our forums, you'd be welcome to, although I'm not sure how much people here like doing that.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 09:38:36 pm »

This is kinda neat, I just started one. Yay euthanasia!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 09:53:12 pm »

Are you guys actually trying to "play" NationStates? I don't say this in a bad way, because I actually have a NationStates nation and I am fairly active on there, but I never really do much "playing" of the actual game.

Considering how the only way to actually play the game is just select issue responses, I'd say that loads of people who have NationStates accounts don't actually "play" NationStates (including me, though I refuse to return back to that hive of villainy).
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 11:51:36 pm »

I tried it a while ago with a Democratic nation, a communist nation, a fascist nation, and a libertarian nation.

I quickly discovered that (A) If you have energy as a resource, your nation is basically considered to be on steroids and is superior in every way to other nations and (B) If you select all the "government does nothing" decisions, people leave. It ultimately seemed kind of pointless and I left.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 05:19:03 am »

I wouldn't mind joining this, I thoroughly enjoy any and all types of RP, although some actual game play behind it would be nice :P

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 05:33:10 am »

Yes, I just made a country, called Syrupleaf. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 08:33:51 am »

Are you guys actually trying to "play" NationStates? I don't say this in a bad way, because I actually have a NationStates nation and I am fairly active on there, but I never really do much "playing" of the actual game.

Considering how the only way to actually play the game is just select issue responses, I'd say that loads of people who have NationStates accounts don't actually "play" NationStates (including me, though I refuse to return back to that hive of villainy).

Well, yeah, I was basically saying that most people don't actually "play" the game in the rest of my post :/

@AussieGuy You'd be welcome in our region, then, although we really don't do much in the way of gameplay besides voting on WA proposals and occasionally answering issues to tailor our nations into what we wan them to be. For the most part we RP in Future Tech, which is with faster than light and all, although we do have other things like Modern Tech and Past Tech.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 07:42:15 pm »

If you select all the "government does nothing" decisions, people leave.
Well, maybe they left because the Government wasn't doing anything.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 08:15:26 pm »

Created the Scientific Nation of Seportia, we should make a Bay12 Region.

EDIT:
This is pretty cool so far, im a big fan of freeform RP's but having an entire game based around that is pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 08:35:07 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 08:38:49 pm »

They don't have the option to create Kratocratic natons... Disappointing. Signing up still.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 09:35:26 pm »

isn't that basically equivalent to anarchy?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 09:44:03 pm »

You don't choose the type of nation you get deliberately, just manipulate it at the start. You can get anarchy nations.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 09:51:30 pm »

Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11