Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Cupcakes cupcakes cupcakes!  (Read 9937 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Cupcakes cupcakes cupcakes!
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2011, 10:17:53 pm »

Changes have been made to OP.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2011, 10:35:30 pm »

I might be a bit delayed for further updates; got a project to finish tonight and a long day tomorrow. We'll see if I can fit some DF in the next day or so.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2011, 11:09:56 pm »

Just as long as you can still do it :P
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 12:27:42 am »

He wanted to go later than next, but if you'd rather go after I can put you after.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 12:40:59 am »

He wanted to go later than next, but if you'd rather go after I can put you after.

Oh, okay then. I'm fine where I am then.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 12:42:12 am »

Okay, cool.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2011, 07:56:07 pm »

3rd of Opal.

New efforts have begun to dig out a castle worthy of my presence. In the process, we opened a way to a deep cave underground... We'll pay it no mind, though.

On the more... practical side of things, a hospital has been made. Unfortunately we don't have any thread in which to suture up the wounded. This will soon be corrected.

24th of Opal.

My glorious new bedroom has been carved out of solid marble. Only the best of decorations will do... well the best that we have.

17th of Obsidian

Merchants arrived, but were not adequately taken by my beauty to hand over their goods at a reasonable rate. Their goods were, of course, confiscated.

Still no goblins... I'm becoming a bit bored. Maybe I can test my weapon on somepony to keep my skills sharp... Something to consider.

24th of Obsidian

Aha! The goblin fiends have arrived in an ambush. Time for some fun....
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:23:39 pm by kaijyuu »
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 08:37:43 pm »

Journal of Lenna Eserudar, Armorsmith

28th of Obsidian

Disaster has struck the outpost! Well, mostly disaster. That annoying, self-indulging alicorn who took up leadership and had it go to her head a few months ago? Dead! Woo-hoo! Honestly I thought she was going to beat me to death sometimes, by the look in her eyes. Anyway, goblins got her during the latest ambush.

While almost everypony is happy we don't have to deal with her anymore, we also lost Dsarker, and somepony who's name I can't quite recall.

New ponies have been drafted into the military to replace the ones who fell. I'm safe inside, mostly with nothing to do. But now I can order more metal to be smelted so I can perfect my craft. Yay!

As for that gaudy room Kaijyuu set up to live in? We'll leave it empty for now. Most ponies wouldn't want anything to do with her, anyway.

27th of Granite

An incredibly large number of migrants have arrived! Probably heard about how excellent my leadership has been so far. Everypony is happy and I'm making lots and lots of armor! We'll see if we can put these new ponies to work.

24th of Galena

Uneventful days, up until today. The nasty goblins returned, but my new armor protected our military ponies much better. No casualties and hardly any injuries. Those goblins will think twice before messing with us again. If they think at all, that is.

Oh no, the ghost of that nasty Kaijyuu has risen! Probably because nopony bothered to bury her. Oh well. We begrudgingly fixed that.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:10:43 pm by kaijyuu »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 10:40:30 pm »

I can't believe it! I'm getting kicked out of leadership! Why? Because nopony died? Because everyone was fed and happy? Well apparently yes, because they say I'm not enough fun! Bah!

I outta blah blah blah *voice trails into the distance*

Next person mix things up a bit. All the basics are covered as far as I can tell. Plenty of hauler ponies to mutilate if you so desire.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4982

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 10:54:49 pm »

Well, guess that means I am up. I'll start tomorrow, as it is rather late today.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 02:03:22 am »

OP updated with new Cupcakes flavours.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 08:56:17 pm »

From the journal of Pencil Pad:

Well. I have made my way to the Town of Nazomtotmom, or Dreamsflower, in the common tongue, hoping to find employement. I was simply not expecting so much. The place is a mess. The bedrooms are tiny, and they're all right next to each other. Worse, undead birds are wandering about the surface! I'm not particularly happy about this, as I never cared much for animals, even before they started defying death. Lastly, we have no manager, or broker.

It's not all bad news though. We have a militia, even if it is small, and we have a metal-smithing industry a few levels down. More importantly, we have a respectable stock of  food and drink, so that's good.

I was just making myself familiar with the layout (Including a bizarrely large staircase, when I noticed it opens up into a huge, bizarre cavern. I asked somepony about it, and a masonpony showed up and floored it off. For some reason, all the other ponies are now coming to me for orders.

It would seem I've somehow become the leader of this place.

Addendum: We have a room filled with mechanisms. I have no idea why this might be.

Timber the 25th:

I learned that we had traders at the depot, and told the pony who brought me the message to send in the broker. After reminding me we did not have one, I told him to ask the mayor to fill in. The mayor complained that he needs a personal Dining room and also an office to do so. I immediately ordered one dug out.
It was only then that I learned that we have no crafts to trade. I think I left a hoofprint on my face.

I need some crafters here, to trade for things we might need. Oh well.

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2011, 10:07:43 pm »

If nothing else, mechanisms might work for trade, even though they're hella heavy.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2011, 02:50:56 pm »

From the Journal of Pencil Pad:

Moonstone the 12th: I decided to look at the goods our Armorsmith was churning out, and was disappointed to say the least. It seems that despite the fact that we have the capability to make steel, and a fair stock of it, it seemed like a good idea to some pony to make armor out of iron, rather than the far superior steel.

I ordered the iron armor melted down. I also expanded the smithing area, and installed two new smelters. Might do more later.

I ordered a few steel battle axes, as a few members of the military had been assigned iron ones. I don't understand what the previous leader was thinking.

I also had a chest set down in the hospital, to hold supplies in case of accidents.

Also, I ordered the miners to start digging down further. Not really for any reason, its just that they seem happier when they're mining. They did, however, find several new veins of metal, including gold and galena, so that's neat.

A zombie buzzard keeps scaring off one the ponies trying to bring in thread. It's depressing.

Moonstone the 23rd:

River froze over today. Well, mostly. Still, makes me glad somepony had the foresight to install a well underground.

Sent the militia out to get rid of the zombie buzzard a few days ago. They drove it into a pond, and it never did come out. The pond is frozen now, so it's probably dead for good now. Good riddance.

The dirt floors with everything growing out of them probably aren't the best idea for indoor decor. I want to start replacing the floors with stone.

Alternatively, I could just dig out new bedrooms in the stone layers, but I don't think anypony wants to live that far underground. We really should start building upwards onto the surface, once the zombies finally give up.

One of our masons went into a strange mood today. He claimed a workshop, and I for one is interested to see what he makes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4