Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Cupcakes cupcakes cupcakes!  (Read 9935 times)

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
Re: Cupcakes cupcakes cupcakes!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 05:50:42 pm »

*Looks at thread title*

Okay. So after reading the short story Cupcakes, I've decided to do a succession fortress using the My Little Fortress mod!

Oh this can ONLY end well! XD
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 05:55:42 pm »

You need a caparison too, for the cloak protection.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 05:23:33 pm »

Overseer's Journal
Crazy Rubbedhoney

1st of Limestone
Our metalsmith, Creek, was possesed at the beginning of the season. She ran off, rambling and taking a few random bones and metal bars with her. She forged a single shoe (just one, we all had a laugh about that) and now she claims that she knows every secret there is about armormaking. Her efforts have increased in quality, in any case.
The militia is now fully equipped and training daily. I've set up a schedule that will keep us training about half the year, as I want to avoid wearing us all down with training exersises.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 11:58:00 am »

Overseer's Journal
Crazy Rubbedhoney

1st of
As winter descends upon us, I leave the positoin of Overseer open to anypony that wishes to take it, as is tradition. I feel that I have peen productive with my time here, and shall keep to my military duties form now on.
The military, while relatively unskilled, has been fully equipped and is training for when they will be needed. Our metalworking industry is up to full speed, and the front entrance has been secured. Several races have made themselves known (and been ignored), and the next overseer will have little need to worry about any basic needs. The only thing that hasn't been handled is burial, and I pray to the gods that we won't need that anytime soon.
Looking back through the fortress, I actually noticed that I failed to provide rooms for anypony here. The next overseer shall have to take care of that.

Crazy walked into the inner courtyard, the sound of rain hitting the roof and his own hoofsteps the only sounds in the building. Branch would be there in a minute to do some sparring with him, and until then he was going to do a bit of flying.
He walked out the double doors into the rain, spreading his wings and giving them an experemental flap. He was about to take off when the doors at the far end of the open courtyard were knocked off their hinges.
Standing in the doorway was an ugly humanoid, bearing dark green skin and flame-red hair. Two evil red eyes regarded Crazy with malicious intent, with a grin on the beast's face and a hammer in its clawed hand. It barked something in it's foul language and more of the creatures poured in through the doors.
Crazy snarled and drew his axe. Taking a defensive stance, he watched as a bolt came flying down from above him and struck a goblin in the arm. Thanking Dsarker for her timely training session, he dodged a screaming goblin as it tried to tackle him. A quick snap of his neck liberated the goblin of its left arm, blood spraying over Crazy's face. The beast was followed by two of it's kin, and Crazy met them with a charge of his own, knocking one down and dodging an attack from the second.
The first true battle for Dreamsflower had begun.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 04:28:14 pm »

I'll start later today, or maybe tomorrow. Unless someone else is wanting to go, of course.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 04:32:27 pm »

Only one on the list  :-X
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2011, 03:20:30 pm »

Downloaded Crazy Cow's save twice and keep getting an archive is corrupted error D:
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2011, 03:24:52 pm »

I'll check it myself. If we're getting the same error, I'll yell at Crazy Cow to reupload it.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2011, 03:27:28 pm »

What? Let me upload that again...

EDIT:
No need to yell at me :p
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:31:48 pm by Crazy Cow »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2011, 03:34:55 pm »

Okay, there we go. Let the cupcakes begin.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2011, 04:26:54 pm »

'Kaijyuu' Shilrarost has been ecstatic lately. She took joy in slaughter lately.

The goblin ambush was easily dispatched. I hope they come more often... that was fun... but they probably won't. Sigh.

Thus begins my rule of the outpost. The two disorganized ponies who came before me made a mess of things. I don't think I'll do much better, but I'll try I guess.

Oh, and somepony made an extremely fine cabinet. It has a weapon rack on it... this sort of pleases me... I think I'll put it in my room.

[Man, maybe I should've picked a different pony. This one initially stuck out to me for some reason, but the color/hair/personality's hard to work with. Oh well]

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2011, 05:06:22 pm »

Ah, you took the alicorn :P
As for personality, I usually say screw it if I'm playing a succession game. It is a lot of hassle to both play and write at the same time.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2011, 06:29:41 pm »

Ooh, ponies? In a succession? Sign me up! Preferably later rather than now, but if I have to I, I'll go next. I'll dorf pony myself when I get the turn.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2011, 09:42:48 pm »

If you get around to making a to be ponied list, set me up for a farmer, if possible.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2011, 10:09:50 pm »

I guess I'll sign up. Been a while since I've had a turn in a succession game, and a relatively young fortress will be a nice change from Deathgate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4