Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Finding your way out of a cave.  (Read 3315 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Finding your way out of a cave.
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 12:26:37 pm »

Problem is with caves is you need to know when to give up. You can survive close to forever if you're strong enough and can butcher- simply butcher your foes and drink all the blood and pus that splatters on you.

Unless that no longer happens. It's been awhile.
You can survive close to forever anyways. You need not eat/drink in the current version (needs to get added back, though) to survive anywhere.

But yeah, for survival, butcher what you kill and drink whatever you can get. Except for the water. That water doesn't look very clean...

if you spend enough time in zoomed in map you end up getting hungry and thirsty, unless that has been changed. zooming out to the travel map is enough to satiate you, but in the caves that's impossible

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 12:34:55 pm »

like i said before, the [q]uest window will help you get out of the cave, the entrance will be marked on the map and you just have to beeline your way back and avoid any hidden fun stuff you may have found along the way to where you are.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 02:01:59 pm »

zooming out to the travel map is enough to satiate you, but in the caves that's impossible
Technically it IS possible, as long as you're below a town of some sort. 

That's how I got out of the circus despite not having found a clown fort with a candy weapon in it and having gotten in the hard way.

IE, falling several levels through the fallen candycane.
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 04:24:38 pm »

zooming out to the travel map is enough to satiate you, but in the caves that's impossible
Technically it IS possible, as long as you're below a town of some sort. 

That's how I got out of the circus despite not having found a clown fort with a candy weapon in it and having gotten in the hard way.

IE, falling several levels through the fallen candycane.

And they didn't insanely slaughter you?

like i said before, the [q]uest window will help you get out of the cave, the entrance will be marked on the map and you just have to beeline your way back and avoid any hidden fun stuff you may have found along the way to where you are.

This was pretty much how it worked.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 04:41:46 pm »

Well, if the clowns act like they do in fort mode, they're probably chasing you.  If there are more than two or three in the upper levels of the circus and you try to go back through them, my experience is that death is nearly certain.  They FALCON PUNCH legendary candy-clad warriors to death for breakfast.
To be fair, fighting basically anything is easier in adventure mode because our advanced human brains know how to target areas that can actually kill the clown.
Pages: 1 [2]