Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So now 3 of my Legendary Military Dwarfs are blind  (Read 2573 times)

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So now 3 of my Legendary Military Dwarfs are blind
« on: September 21, 2011, 01:45:41 pm »

I suppose i should make them teachers of a squad can Blind dwarves teach at all?

Already the Adamantine casks are being prepared.  Also... ontop of being blind they are scarred almost all over their body from blisters...

I also now have a side cavern perfect for making my Nobles rot. Mwahahhaa
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:49:31 pm by Kromgar »

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: So now 3 of my Legendary Military Dwarfs are blind
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 01:59:12 pm »

I think this is a great opportunity to create the single greatest fighting force in DF history. If stories of heroes and adventure have taught me anything, it's that warriors become at around 40-60% more badass when blinded.

What you should do is give them each their own kickass nickname, put them all into one squad, and bring glorious bloodshed upon your enemies with their legendary blind wrath.

And i can guarantee that this plan will absolutely, without a doubt, probably not fail, maybe.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 02:53:46 pm »

Blind dwarves suffer nothing at all, except for a change in enemy detection radius.  They still fight just as hard, as long as they get close to the enemy, and luckily the enemy will gladly come to you.  Blind civilians are often prized as siege engineers because they never flee from goblins.  Blind soldiers and siege engineers are still just as accurate and fight just as well.

The proper thing to do with a blind dwarf, is to promote them.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 03:00:42 pm »

Blind siege operators don't run?

*runs off to ask chief medical dwarf purely hypothetical questions about safe means of blinding dwarves*
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 03:12:14 pm »

Blind siege operators don't run?

*runs off to ask chief medical dwarf purely hypothetical questions about safe means of blinding dwarves*
Either remove eyes from the raws or (next version) mod some booze/powder that causes blindness.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 03:19:23 pm »

Blind dwarves suffer nothing at all, except for a change in enemy detection radius.  They still fight just as hard, as long as they get close to the enemy, and luckily the enemy will gladly come to you.  Blind civilians are often prized as siege engineers because they never flee from goblins.  Blind soldiers and siege engineers are still just as accurate and fight just as well.

The proper thing to do with a blind dwarf, is to promote them.
Immediately the blind dwarves were shot with arrows and died...
I think arrow detection is attributed to blindness.

Lor was alive but had a broken leg and got stuck in a cage trap

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 03:21:12 pm »

Just don't make any marksdwarves.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 04:23:03 pm »

Thus all 3 of the blind are dead.

Iton killed the goblin who killed the last of the blinded. The last one being Lor. Lor was his wife... the goblin was surprised by the Ferocity of his Onslaught...
*cries*
She now goes to the adamantine tomb to be laid to rest with her weapon.