Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: In DF, Hippos run away from YOU!  (Read 2887 times)

Dynastia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In DF, Hippos run away from YOU!
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 06:50:12 pm »

Hippos should absolutely have prone_to_rage. The male caste of elephant also deserves it, as do male and female polar bears. And it would be nice if there was some way of making bears prone_to_rage in spring only.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 07:21:42 pm »

The higher the number after prone to rage, the more likely they are to rage and the longer the duration. From what I've seen in arena mode, at 30 and higher, they don't even need to see an enemy to become enraged.

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATEBILLION:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 07:22:39 pm »

The higher the number after prone to rage, the more likely they are to rage and the longer the duration. From what I've seen in arena mode, at 30 and higher, they don't even need to see an enemy to become enraged.
Then.
Make all animals get enraged.
[PRONE_TO_RAGE:100]

EVERYWHERE.
DWARF FORTRESS THE PMS EDITION.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 07:33:40 pm »

Enraged butterflys. YES!
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 07:40:59 pm »

From what I saw in arena mode, raising [PRONE_TO_RAGE] beyond a certain level doesn't really make all that much of a difference. If nothing else, animals with [PRONE_TO_RAGE:50] don't seem to be all that different with [PRONE_TO_RAGE:30]. There's a fairly sharp increase for a while that soon levels off.

If anything, it seems like animals with a really high number are prone to raging, calming down, and then raging again rather than just staying that way while an animal with a lower number will become enraged jsut as easily, but will keep that original state until it kills whatever caused it or dies.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 08:54:58 pm »

Enraged slugmen. Laugh as they uselessly beat your naked dwarves.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 08:57:27 pm »

Then.
Make all animals get enraged.
[PRONE_TO_RAGE:100]

EVERYWHERE.
DWARF FORTRESS THE PMS EDITION.
Post-Mortem Syndrome. Part of every dwarf's life.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 09:09:20 pm »

Add the [LIKES_FIGHTING] tag, so they actively seek out your dwarves even when not enraged. It's what made elephants so dangerous in past versions. Carp were dangerous because of [CAN_LEARN] giving them super powers, and they only fought because they were always cornered in the river.

S3Cs4uN 8

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels be Kobold: Too Dangerous
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 11:33:24 pm »

I placed [PRONE_TO_RAGE:100] on my dwarves...

oh the dwarfanity
Ala Kotraldermechebi, Hoardcounter has given birth to octuplets.

Wait What!

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATEBILLION:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 11:45:17 pm »

I placed [PRONE_TO_RAGE:100] on my dwarves...

oh the dwarfanity
You need to make dwarfs not die of bleeding and make them run around with a syndrome that makes them bleed, and is spread via the blood for extra fun.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Butterfly

• Bay Watcher
  • Hyperprotofuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 11:50:38 pm »

Add the [LIKES_FIGHTING] tag, so they actively seek out your dwarves even when not enraged. It's what made elephants so dangerous in past versions. Carp were dangerous because of [CAN_LEARN] giving them super powers, and they only fought because they were always cornered in the river.

I've actually tried using this token. Surprisingly, this didn't do much on my elephants; they still run away from my dwarves. Does anyone know how they actually work?

Hmmm. Perhaps it is the [BENIGN] token overriding the [LIKES_FIGHTING] token? Must test further.

Hippos should absolutely have prone_to_rage. The male caste of elephant also deserves it, as do male and female polar bears. And it would be nice if there was some way of making bears prone_to_rage in spring only.

I'm not sure if you can make bears only enraged in spring only, but male elephants, definitely. :D Enrage mod coming very soon!

The Butterfly

• Bay Watcher
  • Hyperprotofuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 12:43:21 am »

Okay...I've tried this on a lot of different animals and [LIKES_FIGHTING] ain't working even with BENIGN removed, etc.

And even with [PRONE_TO_RAGE] activated, I've realized that a creature get enraged half the time if the value is set anything below 10. Even the badgers, surprisingly, rarely ever become enraged. My guesses at why badgers became so notorious is because 1) there are so damned many of them in the map all the time 2) They all follow the leader, so if the leader starts bashing your dwarf the entire group will start doing so 3) Peasant dwarves will run away from them, prolonging the badger-rage, while if the dwarf actually turned to fight the badger the fight will last only a few seconds.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2011, 01:47:36 am »

Okay...I've tried this on a lot of different animals and [LIKES_FIGHTING] ain't working even with BENIGN removed, etc.

Give them [LARGE_PREDATOR] as well as [LIKES_FIGHTING].

Likes fighting means that they'll fight anything that comes close rather than running away rather than actively seeking out fights.

The Butterfly

• Bay Watcher
  • Hyperprotofuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2011, 06:34:35 pm »

Give them [LARGE_PREDATOR] as well as [LIKES_FIGHTING].

Likes fighting means that they'll fight anything that comes close rather than running away rather than actively seeking out fights.

Hmmmm :/

I've modded a test world so every single animals are as big as Yaks and has [LIKES_FIGHTING]. I let my soldiers chase down critters all the way down the map and still the critters just won't fight back. Am a doing something wrong?
Pages: 1 [2] 3