Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New culture suggestion (also a mod concept.)  (Read 5009 times)

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATEBILLION:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: New culture suggestion (also a mod concept.)
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2011, 09:55:50 pm »

Or, more likely than any of those...they run on magic.
Make it so they use gems to absorb living things?
On a side note, I'm shocked that this thread has lived without me!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2011, 08:17:15 pm »

On a side note, I'm shocked that this thread has lived without me!

The thread is a doll!

... it seems like a doll of such epicness would live off of exactly what a B12 thread lives off of.

FROM WHENCE CAME THIS VORACIOUS AETHER?! 

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2011, 12:35:48 am »

My God. I thought this thread was a puppet, something I could steer and manipulate, BUT WHAT I THOUGHT WAS WRONG. It has taken a life of its one, Quickly Cell-monk, get me my axe!

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2011, 01:01:32 am »

Which brings up an odd question... what would kill a soul doll? if the gem within which the soul resides is physically separated from its body, would that be its end? It seems that that gem would continue to be imbued with the doll's spirit, and could perform its treachery with ghostly fingers until it's given a new body, or destroyed... but how does one destroy such an evil object?

"The ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Gloin, by any craft that we here possess. The ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade. The ring must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came. One of you must do this."

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 05:34:53 pm »

Which brings up an odd question... what would kill a soul doll? if the gem within which the soul resides is physically separated from its body, would that be its end? It seems that that gem would continue to be imbued with the doll's spirit, and could perform its treachery with ghostly fingers until it's given a new body, or destroyed... but how does one destroy such an evil object?

"The ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Gloin, by any craft that we here possess. The ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade. The ring must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came. One of you must do this."

Perhaps make it so the gems occasionally show up when mining, and posses people who handle then?

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 06:53:42 pm »

I hope that appears at some point in the magic system T1 has brewing. If my boring Oak ring studded with oak and bands of cat bone caused any dwarf to pick it to go berserk, it would no longer be such a boring artifact. And if it was studded with a sentient gem that caused cats to pick it up and try to hide their "precious" in a safe place, while turning them into a monster, my entire life would be fulfilled.  8)

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 11:52:45 am »

I hope that appears at some point in the magic system T1 has brewing. If my boring Oak ring studded with oak and bands of cat bone caused any dwarf to pick it to go berserk, it would no longer be such a boring artifact. And if it was studded with a sentient gem that caused cats to pick it up and try to hide their "precious" in a safe place, while turning them into a monster, my entire life would be fulfilled.  8)
Although, because the gems eat souls, they would totally suffer from prototype morality. EATING The good guys would be how you become one. Personally, I'm a humanidwarfatatirium.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2011, 01:55:20 pm »

I dont know, absorbing gems from dragons should give you firebreath, giants should make you grow, colossi make you out of bronze etc. it would be cool to have all these traits at one point, you could devour the world.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2011, 04:32:33 pm »

maybe kill it via smashing the gem? Also, is this gem the heart or brain of Dolly Jenson?
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).
Pages: 1 2 [3]