Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The return of dwarfdom(succession game)  (Read 1700 times)

cam94509

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The return of dwarfdom(succession game)
« on: September 20, 2011, 04:12:39 am »

Authors note: I rigged all of the species to fail. I set the max civ population to 250 and the world gen length to 10000 years, so that everything would be thoroughly dead.  Also, I am playing the genesis mod. Also, in case you haven't figured it out, his idiot scribe is the game. I was a little annoyed when legends mode decided it wanted to tell me about every freaking cow that was eaten in the region. 

It has been several thousand years since civilization has touched this world. To be exact, the research I have done states that the dwarves shaped this world last 9900 years
ago. The humans appear to die out at around the same time (actually, some ten years later), but the records are more complicated; my idiot scribe transcribed all of the eating
of the feral animals (he insisted they were tamed by some "Holy Group." I threw the page back at him and told him that if an animal was eaten there last year, it was feral,
as it had not seen a human in over nine mellinia.)

The elves lasted longer, up until approximately 9,300 years ago, but they, too, died away.

The empires of evil, the goblins, demons, and illithid mosly died before the dwarves, excepting one demon fortress that lasted until 9750 years ago.

I was lucky; I was born into a food-rich tribe. I wandered, and traded, and even did some mining, until I had the resources neccesary to begin my ultimate goal.

I would bring civilization back to the world.

Not the strange 'civilizations' we now had, ethnic groups without homes who named warlords in exile. No.

I would build a fortress. I would make of myself a kingdom.

I would embark under one of the false civilizations.

The king would come.

I would have him put on trial for his treasons.

I would be judge, jury, and executioner. He had let us remain nomads, to afraid to bring back civilizations, like his predessesors had.

I would have those loyal to me surround him in walls, and let him starve.

I would name myself king.

For the dwarves needed a great king. And I would be a great king.

I would bring wealth back to the world.

I would unite the dwarves.

I would end this 'age of balor and hill titan.'

It would be the Dwarven Age when I was done, if I had my way.

Next post: Setting out.

Edit: Since nobody has replied yet, here is what would have been the next post:

Setting out:

Our new home has no shallow metals, but it does have a volcano and deep metals. We'll just have to dig down a ways. More importantly, we have salt water. Obviously, this is a serious problem. We have clay, good, but as I said early, salt water. Bad.

We will, I suppose, have to capture a peice of the caverns, and the water that comes with that area, if we are to survive. We could, theoretically, live off booze alone, but we will need water when dealing with the wounded.

Either way, I have begun setting out.

We have named our group Logonurol, or Wandercloses, as in bringing a closure to the wandering.

Our fortress name shall be Bomziril. Homefires. I trust that's obvious enough.

My name is Tun Amkolfath. I will be the record keeper, woodcutter, and broker of this forterss. I know a little of each. I am a Jade Dwarf. The dwarves I take with me are hardly compentent at anything. I wish I could have better, but sadly, this is not to be. I do not have the enormous resources to make them competent; the goods for embarking stretched me thin.

I bring with me a male and a female mastiff. I also bring with me one male and female guneifowl.

I have embarked near the volcano. I hope that I can bring good back to this world.

A/N: I succeeded at making Tun the leader... By giving him two points in liar, obviously.

People currently signed up for years: (Yellow will be "In progress", green will be "done", and red will be "Not yet started")

1. Cam94509 (ME! Currently active.)

2. The Master.

3. Zeffrin

4. Varnifane

To be dwarft:

1. Wypie

2. Demon (The master)

3. Barristan (NRDL)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:33:51 pm by cam94509 »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: The return of dwarfdom(story)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 05:02:34 am »

Cool, Tun the politician.  I hope you succeed, and I really wish this was a community fort. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

cam94509

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The return of dwarfdom(story)
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 12:15:55 pm »

Cool, Tun the politician.  I hope you succeed, and I really wish this was a community fort.

I can make it one... It'd be kind of cool. It just wasn't originally planned as one.

edit1: Does anybody know of any software that would make dealing with screenshots any easier?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 12:21:04 pm by cam94509 »

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The return of dwarfdom(succession game if I can get enough people.)
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 07:54:59 pm »

If its a community can i has dwarf

Name: Wypie
Prof: Marksdwarf/hauler
Personality: Likes magma and everything that involves magma, sometimes screams MAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGMMMMMMAAAAAA!!!!!!!! in his freetime

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 09:05:09 pm »

I'll have a go! (What is with you guys not wanting this to be a succession, I FOR ONE LIKE THEM! :D)
I'd like a male miner, named Demon. He has an unhealthy obsession with demons(Meaning he'd open up hell at the first chance he got), hence why he was banished from the royal miner's guild.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

cam94509

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 09:48:53 pm »

I'll have a go! (What is with you guys not wanting this to be a succession, I FOR ONE LIKE THEM! :D)
I'd like a male miner, named Demon. He has an unhealthy obsession with demons(Meaning he'd open up hell at the first chance he got), hence why he was banished from the royal miner's guild.

Just clarify for me, you want to go next, correct?

(OOC: I'm doing the most recent Pheobeus version of the Genesis mod... I hope nobody minds that too much. I think you can get an ASCII version of said version, but I'm not sure.)
Below is a picture of where we embarked:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Obviously, we are well below the volcano.

Speaking of the volcano, here is the mouth of the volcano itself:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apparently, 'a section of cavern collapsed', presumably some rock right above the volcano collapsed into it. I plan to build into the edge of said volcano, as it will make the smelting and forging of metal much easier.

As I said previously most of the dwarves I brought with me have little to nothing in the way of skills. I have designating some digging and woodcutting; I plan to make space for some workshops and a dining room.
________

Sorry for the barebones post today, didn't have much time to play.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 10:58:55 pm »

Indeed I do! I intend to burn the entire world down, but first I have to finish my elf intestine cookies!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 11:09:44 pm »

I don't want a turn, but can you please dorf me as...well, can I be dorfed as Tun?  Nah, probably not.  If I can, though, please do that.  If not, please just get me a military dorf, preferably a swordsdwarf, name him Barristan. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Zeffrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 11:33:29 pm »

I have not played Dwarf Fortress in 2 years...SIGN ME UP!!!!

If not its totally cool, I may RUIN IT FOREVER and may take a little bit of time on my turn (like a few days maybe a week), though I can rush it out if necessarily :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:37:02 pm by Zeffrin »
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

cam94509

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 11:54:43 pm »

I have not played Dwarf Fortress in 2 years...SIGN ME UP!!!!

If not its totally cool, I may RUIN IT FOREVER and may take a little bit of time on my turn (like a few days maybe a week), though I can rush it out if necessarily :)

The master and you are signed up now.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 01:36:35 am »

Inb4tantrumspiral

I'd like to clean up the Master's mess go after the Master.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

cam94509

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 03:16:55 am »

Inb4tantrumspiral

I'd like to clean up the Master's mess go after the Master.

I believe Zeffrin is in line between the master and you.

Also, guys, try not to break anything too bad.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 06:20:23 am »

Don't worry, I'll just collapse the ground below the elves, dropping them all the way to the magma sea. Then I'll eat the mayor/baron/count/duke's head off. That's all!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:23:58 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 06:20:49 am »

Sorry, double post.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:23:13 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

cam94509

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 12:03:33 pm »

Don't worry, I'll just collapse the ground below the elves, dropping them all the way to the magma sea. Then I'll eat the mayor/baron/count/duke's head off. That's all!

I beleive there are no elves. Remember, surviving no civililizations; only the dwarves will have a caravan, as far as I am aware.
Pages: [1] 2