Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36

Author Topic: Melissia's ventures into the greater world of Dwarf Fortress.  (Read 35666 times)

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
Re: Melissia's ventures into the greater world of Dwarf Fortress.
« Reply #435 on: October 08, 2011, 10:59:30 am »

Dear Urist McSettlers,

Your group, "The Abbey of Merchants", is hereby permitted to embark to the location (hereby entered into our records as the "Fortress Name") of "Axeslaughter the Light of Ancients".  Divinations have proven this location to have ample soil, plentiful metal deposits, flux stone deposits, a river, and no aquifer; thus, this location is considered suitable for fortress building.

You are NOT allowed to obtain the assistance of non-dwarves in your settlement under any circumstances.  Recent disputes with elves over trade of wooden satues, and the theft of the artifact "Lustwater the Danger of Ages" by kobolds, as well as a war with the half-human, half-goblin nation "Hellmouth Nether-War", has made us change our mind.  You are permitted to trade, but any attempts to settle must be met with extreme prejudice and axeblades.

You are allowed to bring three (3) Copper Picks from our armoury.
You are allowed to bring two (2) Copper Battle Axes from our armoury.
You are allowed to bring one (1) Iron Anvil from our armoury.
You are allowed to bring one (1) Iron Short Sword from our armoury.
-- Requests for further military equipment will result in flogging.
-- Requests for artifacts will result in flogging, and then beating.
You are allowed to bring twenty (20) Plump Helmet Spawn from our storehouse.
You are allowed to bring four (4) Cave Wheat Seeds from our storehouse.
You are allowed to bring four (4) Sweet Pod Seeds from our storehouse.
You are allowed to bring twenty (20) Plump Helmets from our storehouse.
You are allowed to bring twenty (20) units of Dwarven Ale from our storehouse.
You are allowed to bring twenty (20) units of Dwarven Beer from our storehouse.
You are allowed to bring twenty (20) units of Dwarven Rum from our storehouse.
You are allowed to bring twenty (20) units of Dwarven Wine from our storehouse.
-- Appropriate containers for drinks and foodstuffs will be dispensed at the storehouse.
-- Do NOT attempt to con our storekeeper out of barrels. 
---- Attempts to do so will result in flogging, beating, and then stockading.
You are allowed to bring twenty (20) Tower-Cap logs from our stockpile.
You are allowed to bring one (1) male Dog from our animal pens.
You are allowed to bring one (1) female Dog from our animal pens.
You are allowed to bring two (2) female Kittens from our animal pens.
You are allowed to bring one (1) male Chicken (Rooster) from our animal pens.
You are allowed to bring one (1) female Chicken (Hen) from our animal pens.
-- Do NOT request a war animal or exotic animals.
---- Attempts to do so will result in being assignment to feed our troll.
---- Any and all equipment and clothing will be redistributed before assignment..

Signed,
-=≡ Overseer Melissia, Age of Myth 1051 ≡=--

Win.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 08, 2011, 11:12:35 am »

Several alligators in a three z-level deep river are annoying my starting group.  I'm gonna have to make a crossbow and assign my leader (currently a swordsdwarf, thus the iron short sword to start with-- this is a savage neutral territory if I remember correctly) to kill them somehow.
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 08, 2011, 12:03:13 pm »

A pack of badgers attacked my area's alligators.

It's like a cockfight, except instead of chickens, it's badgers and alligators-- and thus more win!

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 08, 2011, 02:44:15 pm »

Who won?

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 08, 2011, 03:37:51 pm »

My dwarves.

astianax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 08, 2011, 05:00:22 pm »

seeing that you brought exactly 20 of each drink reminds me of something i'd read when i just started out, and keep doing even now, almost without thinking about it. if you bring 21 of a drink, instead, you wind up with an extra barrel with just the 1 drink in it. nice if you want to start out with extra barrels, just in case

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 08, 2011, 05:28:38 pm »

Yes, for drinks always embark with a multiple of 20 and add one more.  You get a free barrel like that.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Vi Et Armis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 08, 2011, 06:17:33 pm »

Yes, for drinks always embark with a multiple of 20 and add one more.  You get a free barrel like that.
But then you get flogged, beaten, and stockaded!

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 08, 2011, 07:17:08 pm »

But then you get flogged, beaten, and stockaded!

Do I still get an extra barrel?

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 10, 2011, 02:46:11 pm »

Dear Urist McSneakyPlans

No.

You do not. 

You are hereby required to show up to two (2) Dwarf Bureaucracy Reintegration Classes in the fortress of MURDERBROOK, on the Plains of Eternal Sorrow, by the end of Obsidian in 1053.  You are to sit in the BLUE CHAIR.

Failure to submit paperwork showing that you have attended this class will result in flogging, beating, and incarceration for every day you fail to submit paperwork showing that you have attended this class two (2) times, until the proper paperwork is submitted.

Failure to pass the classes will merely result in flogging, and then crundle-herding duty with no (0) pants on.

-=≡ Overseer Melissia, Age of Myth 1052 ≡=--
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:50:11 pm by Melissia »

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 10, 2011, 02:54:52 pm »

So yeah, havent' forgotten about this, just have been busy.  Lots of tests ya know.  A trig test (I'm a bit behind on taking my math classes because of the school being unable for some reason to determine what I was qualified for due to the state changing standardized tests too often) today, in fact, which I feel kinda good for (I've done more advanced math in my chemistry courses).

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 10, 2011, 04:27:38 pm »

Dear Urist McSneakyPlans

No.

You do not. 

You are hereby required to show up to two (2) Dwarf Bureaucracy Reintegration Classes in the fortress of MURDERBROOK, on the Plains of Eternal Sorrow, by the end of Obsidian in 1053.  You are to sit in the BLUE CHAIR.

Failure to submit paperwork showing that you have attended this class will result in flogging, beating, and incarceration for every day you fail to submit paperwork showing that you have attended this class two (2) times, until the proper paperwork is submitted.

Failure to pass the classes will merely result in flogging, and then crundle-herding duty with no (0) pants on.

Dear Overseer Melissa,

Wit all doo respect, I don' need yer classes and don' rightly appreciate this nasty attitude of yers.

'sides, I just recently sharpened me axe.

Sencerely,

A grumpy axedwarf.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 10, 2011, 04:29:15 pm »

Dear Urist McSneakyPlans

No.

You do not. 

Dear Overseer Melissa,

Wit all doo respect, I don' need yer classes and don' rightly appreciate this nasty attitude of yers.

Sencerely,

A grumpy axedwarf.

If y' were in MY fortress, y' would be encased in obsidian faster n' you can scream "Yer mother was an elf" fer dissentin'.

Or banned from the booze stockpile and limited to milk for the year.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 10, 2011, 04:31:22 pm »

Dear Urist McSneakyPlans

No.

You do not. 

Dear Overseer Melissa,

Sencerely,

A grumpy axedwarf.

If y' were in MY fortress, y' would be encased in obsidian faster n' you can scream "Yer mother was an elf" fer dissentin'.

Or banned from the booze stockpile and limited to milk for the year.

Yer mother was a stinkin' elf and yer father was a hairy goblin!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 10, 2011, 04:35:37 pm »

Don' make me put y' on chimp trainin' duty!
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36