Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dragon eggs  (Read 1637 times)

Urist McMagicJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dragon eggs
« on: September 19, 2011, 12:29:21 pm »

My first post :p

So I recently stopped mercilessly slaughtering children in their sleep and went out to do some adventuring :D So I killed this dragon and found some eggs. I'm just wanting to know what they are all about (like will they hatch if left in a house >:D) Failing that there is always a king size ommlette :P

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon eggs
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 02:41:07 pm »

My first post :p

So I recently stopped mercilessly slaughtering children in their sleep and went out to do some adventuring :D So I killed this dragon and found some eggs. I'm just wanting to know what they are all about (like will they hatch if left in a house >:D) Failing that there is always a king size ommlette :P

I honestly have no idea if eggs hatch in adventure mode... Probably not without its parent, though, I guess? Maybe someone here has tried, so hold off on that Omelet.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Urist McMagicJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 03:20:04 pm »

Yeah about the parent...........

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 09:30:51 pm »

The answer to both questions is no. You can't make omelets in adventure mode. (Well, maybe through a mod, but not in the vanilla game) and eggs found in adventure mode will never hatch. Eggs must be placed in a nest box to get them to hatch, and the only way for eggs to get inside a nest box is if one of your animals lays them. They may also need to be sat on by the mother, but on that note im not sure.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 06:39:12 am »

pretty sure the eggs actually need a male on the map to hatch, don't think they have to be nearby just somewhere on the map.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 07:04:30 am »

All I Heard Was;

"Im Going To Smash These Eggs On Some Rocks. Or Perhaps Throw Them Off A Cliff. BLOOD OF THE UNBORN FOR ARMOK!"

...Am I Correct?
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Urist McMagicJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 10:22:14 am »

I was really hoping that if I threw them they would explode. (tested this by throwing it at a child obviously.) I believe more !!SCIENCE!! is needed.

LordExumius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 12:50:10 pm »

Where on *insert world name here* do you people find all these children? I've had 21 worlds and only once once have I encountered a child. Unfortunately that child is no longer with us... and neither is her blood, for it belongs to Armok now.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 12:51:46 pm by LordExumius »

Urist McMagicJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 02:14:19 pm »

I find them living their short and miserable lives in hamlets and towns for some reason on my current world most of them dont have hands or eyes it really is a most perplexing mystery :L

Urist McMagicJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 02:14:53 pm »

This wouldnt be a de-rail would it? >:O

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 04:03:14 pm »

I myself have rarely found any children, and even if I did, the only thing I'd do with them is try to get as much info about the surroundings as I could from him/her. Or I try to get quests from 'em, but that's about it.

On topic: Yeah, I've been wondering the same after I've slain a Roc and picked up its eggs. Then I thought, "Wait, wait, WAIT A MINUTE. Unless my Jawa (Civ Forge) himself was a Roc, then these things won't hatch, and I can't cook them yet. Dammit." but carried the eggs anyways.