Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Unitedwires, a dwarven rebellion [SUCCESSION] we need overseers!  (Read 7327 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Unitedwires, a dwarven rebellion [COMMUNITY]
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 07:05:05 am »

Please dorf me as the expedition leader, name her Nix, and PLEASE train her in combat.  First with wrestling, then, well, axedwarfery I guess. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 07:45:15 am »

12th Galena

They're done!  The blueprints for my greatest creation!
Spoiler: big picture (click to show/hide)
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 07:48:02 am »

That...seems gigantic.  What purpose does it server? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 09:13:44 am »

Well, I'm glad you asked!  It will 'server' as the gateway into the fortress, an imposing message to anyone who dares to mess with Unitewires, and a way to effortlessly deal with any threat.  The pump stack in the side view is actually one of two, each with a different purpose.  The one leading to the left eye will transport magma up from the caverns, while the one behind the right eye moves water from the river.  Inside SKULLGATE are two sepaprate chambers, one each for magma and water.  The skull's eyes will be floodgates, which can then be opened to dispense the magma, water, or both.  Meanwhile, the skull's mouth will be the only way into or out of Unitedwires, by way of a drawbridge 'tongue.'  If I'm right, and I can make it work, SKULLGATE will ensure that the fortress of Unitedwires goes down in history as 'not the worst.'
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 09:21:42 am »

A magma, waterfall thing/potential obsidianizer, cool.  Have I been dorfed yet? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 09:34:53 am »

As of twelve seconds ago, yes.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 09:38:47 am »

Thank you. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 04:09:18 pm »

20th Galena

SKULLGATE has been delayed yet again.  After looking at the blueprints I drafted, I wanted to be sure that it would actually look acceptable.  To do so, I have been toying with its design in this new-fangled 'Quarrybuild' thing, which lets me model how any of my constructions might look.  It's proven mightily helpful, I must say.  With that out of the way, I can (finally) begin work!

10 Limestone

Construction so far has progressed rather more quickly than I had anticipated.  We are already done the jaws and tongue, and have reached the 'nose.'  Unfortunately, Roboboy almost managed to wall himself off completely, but luckily I realized he was there, and quickly built a floor for him.

1 Sandstone

I noticed Nix sleeping on the floor this morning, and asked her why she wasn't using one of the many bedrooms Roboboy and I had cleared in the spring.

As it turns out, I had never "officially" marked them as bedrooms, or some such nonsense.  Honestly, I had expected better of my fellow dwarves.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:40:55 pm by Gizogin »
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 05:09:23 pm »

I wouldnt exactly want to sleep in there either.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

helf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 05:32:01 pm »

I'd like to be dorfed at some point. Any dwarf will do. :)
YOUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, I got out of the map boundry!
OUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, a horrid monstrosity just migrated to my fortress! Let's recruit it!

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 06:18:08 pm »

I'll take a crossbow dwarf. Name him Skull. The Skullgate is his favorite.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 08:29:36 pm »

Okay, helf and Skull have been dorfed.  I haven't had much chance to play recently, but I'll try to put in some more time tonight.

As a tangentially related note, would anyone be interested in turning this into a succession game?

1 Moonstone

It's winter.  SKULLGATE draws ever nearer to completion.  A dwarven caravan arrived from the mountainhomes.  It seems we have a few supporters back home after all.  The traders confirmed that the goblins still have no idea where we are, which I guess explains why we haven't seen any yet.  I thanked them for coming all the way here in secret, and sent them off with a healthy profit in limestone crafts.  I also put in a request for some more food and basic supplies.  In return, the merchants asked for some supplies from us, which I promised to do my best to supply.

I have given some thought into the future of the fortress, and have decided that, if I am satisfied with the progress of SKULLGATE, I may step down.

1 Granite 552

It's now the new year.  Absolutely nothing of interest whatsoever happened during the winter.  Except that I finished SKULLGATE!  The outside, anyway.  The magma and water pumps will have to wait, especially as I have yet to breach even the first cavern layer.

The fortress is now up for grabs.  I'll edit one of my earlier posts into an official turn list, and put up the save once I get a few people.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:51:19 pm by Gizogin »
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unitedwires, a dwarven rebellion [SUCCESSION]
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 02:52:21 am »

I'll take a turn! It'll be my first time participating in a succession fort, I hope I won't have too much trouble with writing the journal.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: Unitedwires, a dwarven rebellion [SUCCESSION] we need overseers!
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2011, 03:15:48 pm »

Okay, Cheveaux has been added to the turn list.  I'll see if anyone else is interested, and I'll probably post the save tonight.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unitedwires, a dwarven rebellion [SUCCESSION] we need overseers!
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2011, 03:41:15 pm »

Alright, I will probably be able to play tonight, so I think I'll be able to post tomorrow the first season of my reign.

Also, my name's Cheveux, there's no "a". I don't know why, but many people do that mistake. Cheveux is french for hair but I think people misread it as "chevaux" which means horses. I think it's hilarious when people try to say my name and are not sure on how to say it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8