Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We don't need that huge poll taking up all that space, do we?

Nope.
- 0 (0%)
Definitively not.
- 0 (0%)
I don't think so.
- 0 (0%)
That's for sure.
- 0 (0%)
I'll stop now.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: Fallout 2: Let's Play Blind(ish)!  (Read 60691 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 2: Let's Play Blind(ish)!
« Reply #285 on: January 29, 2012, 05:49:53 pm »

Wasn't money just lying on the streets in Fallout 2? First bandit encounter on the map, and you walk away with weapons worth thousands of <generic currency here>

Pretty much, but more money is always great.

Also: I've ran into a bit of trouble. I'm on the one quest of Salvatore's where you have to prepare for transaction. The guy says that you have 24 hours to prepare, but apparently he lies or something. I've taken way less than twelve hours, yet he still yells at me about being late before attacking me. Is there any way to salvage this situation, or am I going to have to slaughter them all and join the Bishops? Seems stupid to have to have to change families due to a stupid bug.

EDIT: I didn't know that Sheb was in this game...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 05:53:55 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 30, 2012, 11:12:11 am »

So, this is the guy that offered you the quest? Hmm... I've never had that problem. Are you /sure/ you didn't wait too long? Didn't do any traveling around the world map, did you? That always takes forever.

But then, I've never not taken it immediately. It's the easiest quest of the bunch and literally requires no preparation. IF you do find out it won't work, DON'T just slaughter them all - I think the Bishop's might have a quest based around them, can't remember. Which obviously won't work if they are dead.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 30, 2012, 11:43:07 am »

So, this is the guy that offered you the quest? Hmm... I've never had that problem. Are you /sure/ you didn't wait too long? Didn't do any traveling around the world map, did you? That always takes forever.

Unless first aid takes more than 12 hours to do, then I'm sure that I didn't wait too long.

But then, I've never not taken it immediately. It's the easiest quest of the bunch and literally requires no preparation.

Hmm... If I remember correctly I should still have a save from before I joined the Salvatores (I wanted to see if brutally murdering everyone in the Chop Shop would affect my relations with New Reno. It didn't). I could possibly reload that save and retrace my steps from there if needed. Yeah, I might do that.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 30, 2012, 12:50:34 pm »

I like that monologue in the house.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 30, 2012, 01:11:14 pm »

Sorry about getting kicked out of Modoc. I was completely sure that the safe had the watch in it, seeing as it was covered by a bunch of boxes, so that you could only see it when you got close.
Also, this is actually one of the things I loved about this game. They had some pretty brilliant misdirection. Following 'game' logic could get you into so many wonderful situations. :P

Also, the sister only says those things about her brother because she wants you all to herself. ;)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 30, 2012, 01:18:21 pm »

Sorry about getting kicked out of Modoc. I was completely sure that the safe had the watch in it, seeing as it was covered by a bunch of boxes, so that you could only see it when you got close.
Also, this is actually one of the things I loved about this game. They had some pretty brilliant misdirection. Following 'game' logic could get you into so many wonderful situations. :P
It's hardly game logic. It's a highly suspicious safe in the house of a guy who may or may not have had the watch. It didn't take a large leap of faith to assume that the watch is in the safe. Still doesn't make the misdirection any less devious though.

Also, the sister only says those things about her brother because she wants you all to herself. ;)

Eh, talking to him about it doesn't inspire confidence about your theory.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 30, 2012, 01:21:39 pm »

Now, now, I didn't say it wasn't true, just that she had reasons for telling you. ;)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 30, 2012, 04:35:20 pm »

Ahah, never saw myself in game. :p I need to play that again.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 30, 2012, 07:30:23 pm »

Guess who just became a made (wo)man?

Apparently New Reno likes nicknames or something, so we'll have to pick one. Therefore I will be setting up a poll, since this thread is (apparently) a democracy.

EDIT: Poll is up. Vote now! Or later. Whatever is good for you.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 07:36:56 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 03, 2012, 10:45:53 am »

Because I'd hate to revive this a second time, I am announcing that the name Vicki has won, and that the next update should be out today, barring any unforseen quests by Salvatore.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 03, 2012, 12:16:19 pm »

Rats. Didn't get my votes in on time!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 03, 2012, 12:46:04 pm »

I haven't actually played the rest of the update yet, so technically you could still vote and change the outcome...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 04, 2012, 05:22:53 pm »

Tape ETC-06

I'll be heading to the NCR after this, seeing as I can't remember any other towns that we haven't visited yet.

For your viewing pleasure, here's the entire conversation that takes place during the transaction between the Enclave and the guards. It's not very enlightening, but worth seeing at least once.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As a made man of the Salvatores, we get a discount at Renesco's (As if I need it), the weapon shop, and Miss Kitty's as well. The owner of the weapon shop also has a special stock available, though it only contains a super sledge. I'm wondering if it's worth shelling out over seven thousand to buy the sledge for Sulik...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 05, 2012, 04:42:01 pm »

Maybe I won't be heading to the NCR after all. I've spotted another town on my map, one that I haven't visited before. It's called Broken Hills. Is it worth visiting, even if just to get some more exp. for another level? I am pretty close to levelling up after all that tact and diplomacy.

EDIT: I can also get a .223 pistol as well. The stock of the weapon shop seems to change every time you view it. Sometimes it's the .223 pistol, sometimes it's the super sledge.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 04:44:16 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 06, 2012, 10:37:31 am »

Super Sledge is super fun - Give it to Sulik, he hits someone and knocks them halfway across the screen. Whoop whoop!

There's actually a number of towns you haven't visited yet, and pretty much every one is worth visiting. :P I enjoyed Broken Hills anyways - got some of the best sidequests in the game and a nice potential companion character (assuming you aren't full). Not my favorite companion, mind you, but pretty nice.

Also, I noticed you missed some stuff in New Reno - you didn't even visit the Jet lab or meet the potential companion! (I think every city in the game has a follower you can recruit except for Modoc and the final town, which probably would have had one if it wasn't a touch incomplete)

I vote for NCR next, though. I think it's the gateway town for my second favorite companion.

Also, did you ever actually save the trapper from the first town? I forget. Probably not, I don't recall you making any money selling golden gecko pelts. :P
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24