Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We don't need that huge poll taking up all that space, do we?

Nope.
- 0 (0%)
Definitively not.
- 0 (0%)
I don't think so.
- 0 (0%)
That's for sure.
- 0 (0%)
I'll stop now.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: Fallout 2: Let's Play Blind(ish)!  (Read 60752 times)

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Let's Play Blind(ish)!
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2011, 05:58:01 pm »

I think you can get a plasma rifle in a couple of other places... but there is a lot of stuff in The Glow, it's true.

(Though I don't remember the power armor...)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2011, 06:16:34 pm »

I think you can get a plasma rifle in a couple of other places... but there is a lot of stuff in The Glow, it's true.

There's a dead Brotherhood knight in there (first thing you see once inside), and his armor isn't in too bad condition either. I think the body also contains a few other things to get past the guards at the BoS base, or be given training to wear one (don't remember which).

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2011, 06:20:30 pm »

There's a dead Brotherhood knight in there (first thing you see once inside), and his armor isn't in too bad condition either. I think the body also contains a few other things to get past the guards at the BoS base, or be given training to wear one (don't remember which).

I think that you may be getting the Fallout games confused. It takes no training to wear power armour in Fallout 1, and the dead paladin in the Glow wears unlootable power armour. Only in Fallout 3 does it take training to wear power armour, and only in Fallout 3 does that power armour have a condition.

EDIT: Laser pistol, rocket launcher and super sledge. Which one could I sell for the most caps?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 06:36:03 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2011, 10:59:00 pm »

For most big items, I generally find its not "which one sells for most caps" so much as "where can I find someone with enough caps to buy this or something worth bartering for". Heh.

Also, I'd sell any you aren't using, to be honest.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2011, 06:53:21 am »

It's kinda hard to sell items you don't have yet. I'm refering to the reward for the save the Initiate quest. I could get another set of power armour, but that stuff is as heavy as hell. So besides power armour I can get a rocket launcher, a laser pistol or a super sledge. Admittedly I hardly need the caps...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2011, 08:54:24 am »

It's kinda hard to sell items you don't have yet. I'm refering to the reward for the save the Initiate quest. I could get another set of power armour, but that stuff is as heavy as hell. So besides power armour I can get a rocket launcher, a laser pistol or a super sledge. Admittedly I hardly need the caps...
If your barter skill is good enough, and the person you trade with has enough other equipment, usually a good measure is to sell for stimpaks, rad-x/anti-rad (if you plunge into radiated zones often), and ammo, and the rest is caps for other purposes or filling in blanks. And it also helps to invest in any books if they have any, to further skills.

A good rule of thumb, like in FO3, is if you intend to make tons of caps (which are weightless), and can regularly find good (loaded (caps or ammo/guns)) merchants, you can trade a bunch of spare armor and weapons (better condition = greater income). It good if you're messy with your shooting though, but if you're essentially a sharp-shooter, or really high-leveled, or really lucky, it's not as necessary to do.

Another nice early get rich quick scheme is to raid the radscorpion lair, and run into them alot, get the Shady Sands medic to produce anti-venom (and lots of it), and sell those for a greater profit, while keeping a few for yourself just in case.

Oh yeah, and BoS Power Armor adds STR (1 or 2) to your stats, it mostly makes up the difference. I think there's also a BoS scribe you can talk to, if you have the caps and time, that can beef up some other core stats (STR, END, INT, PER, and CHA, I think) too. Quite handy and worth it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:57:36 am by Itnetlolor »

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2011, 09:57:06 pm »

How's the update coming?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2011, 07:04:40 am »

Pulling a Cthulhu. I've just been busy for the past week, that's all. The TF2 halloween update certainly didn't help matters either. I have the text of the update more or less ready, I just have to type it up and add some screenshots to it. The turn should be out today or sometime this week. We'll see.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2011, 12:37:08 am »

It did have a supercomputer you could play chess with and something else I couldn't do because of insufficient INT and science :(
Anyone know what it gives you if you can do it?

ITS A TRAP!

Funny thing. If you have a high enough INT and Science skill the beat the computer it takes so many in game hours that your Rad-X wears off and you almost immediately die from radiation poisoning.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2011, 05:07:43 am »

Yea, playing chess with it is suicide but he had another option. Something about the secret to immortality or something :P

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2011, 07:33:15 pm »

PLASMA!!!!

Spoiler: Recovery (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Meeting of the Elders (click to show/hide)

If you like images, you'll like this update. I couldn't think of an in-character reason to return to the Glow, so I decided just to show everything in pictures, including my new freaking awesome plasma rifle. Bumps off Super Mutants in two hits. And when coupled with power armour... Bwhahahahaha.

So, should I assault the base now, or head over to the Boneyard and do some quests there? I will eventually need more ammo for my plasma rifle, and the gunrunners will probably have it. But on the other hand I can avenge Devlin's death by assaulting the base (I'm assuming that it's the same one, given Itnetlolor's comments/the tapes from the Glow.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2011, 10:02:14 pm »

You got it. I think you're more than ready now to raid the place and make that smug mutant fall into shambles. I think they'll also provide plenty of ammo, especially if you find their armory, to keep you packing heat. Or shall I say a portable solar flare.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2011, 02:49:14 am »

Yes, but at the boneyard, you can actually upgrade your rifle for even more dakka. I'd suggest going there first.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2011, 07:27:33 am »

EDIT: Boneyard, all the way! Leave nothing behind! Charge in with all the explosives and ammo you can possibly carry. :P

FFfffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Seriously!?

I never did find out the name of the virus, since the first Fallout game I heard of and play was when 3 game out. Only recently did I find out about 1,2 and tactics and play Tactics.

Turns out the alien virus in my scifi novel shares the same name as the Fallout saga's virus. Its called F.E.V. - (Forced Evolutionary Virus) by military folk and, thanks to propaganda, E.V.E. (Experimental Variant Evolution) to civilians. The actual codename is F.E.V.E.R. for the deadly fever it induces during the first 48 hours of transformation.

Actually, let me just post a little tiny summary of the virus that I wrote when  I was 13. Yeah, sadly enough, I wrote a lot better as a pre-teen than as an adult. Thank having to work and not sit around and read for that. :(

Think of it as a weird mixture of Fallout, Lord of the Rings, Resident Evil. Born from the sadistic mind of a pre-teen. That was a long time ago, and frankly I haven't worked on my scifi stories in years. Maybe I should start again...

Enjoy.

--- --- ---
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 07:32:28 am by Ehndras »
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2011, 07:36:40 am »

As a short story, I think I would love to read the full thing ^^
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24