Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be in fortress mode or modding?

Modding
- 1 (4.2%)
DF Fortress Mode
- 15 (62.5%)
Community Games and Stories
- 8 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38

Author Topic: My little Necro: Fortress is Magma [Spoilers]  (Read 114514 times)

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My little Necro: Friendship is Magma
« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2011, 02:46:08 pm »

Technically, rare is someone who actually hates MLP. Most people are actually hating the community. The perceived hate on the show is just a subconscious reaction.
The writing, animation and voice acting are all good and for a show ostensibly aimed at little girls, it's fairly mature and missing a lot of the PINK FRILLS you typically see in things aimed at that audience.

Nope. It's marketed at little girls, not made for them. Technically, Faust pretty much designed it for all genders and ages.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2011, 02:57:56 pm »

There's.... season two is out?!

*BowlSoldier sprints off to youtube, leaving a cloud of dust in his wake.*

Anyway, nice fortress. Looking forward to seeing you slaughter your way through the demonic ponies you will no doubt soon find. May I recommend large-scale applications of baked goods?
CUPCAKES?

Excellent implementation. It seems extremely effective instead of MAGMA even though that could've been used in this context as well.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2011, 03:02:24 pm »

There's.... season two is out?!

*BowlSoldier sprints off to youtube, leaving a cloud of dust in his wake.*

Anyway, nice fortress. Looking forward to seeing you slaughter your way through the demonic ponies you will no doubt soon find. May I recommend large-scale applications of baked goods?
CUPCAKES?

Excellent implementation. It seems extremely effective instead of MAGMA even though that could've been used in this context as well.
Indeed, good sir. This is what I intended it to be used for.  ;D

Technically, rare is someone who actually hates MLP. Most people are actually hating the community. The perceived hate on the show is just a subconscious reaction.
The writing, animation and voice acting are all good and for a show ostensibly aimed at little girls, it's fairly mature and missing a lot of the PINK FRILLS you typically see in things aimed at that audience.

Nope. It's marketed at little girls, not made for them. Technically, Faust pretty much designed it for all genders and ages.
I used to hate it (WAIT! Don't leave yet, keep reading) because I thought it was just a common girl toy that got popular and turned into a show.

Then girlinhat made me realize that it is a fascist utopia full of political corruptness and sociopaths. And cupcakes, I read cupcakes.  :D

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2011, 04:13:33 pm »

It's really not as bad as most people (mostly homophobes from what I can see) make it out to be. Spike's probably my favorite, but all of them thar dwarf horses are pretty cool, too.

I've actually seen very little in terms of people hating on it and for the internet that tells you something.  The writing, animation and voice acting are all good and for a show ostensibly aimed at little girls, it's fairly mature and missing a lot of the PINK FRILLS you typically see in things aimed at that audience.  The ponies and the plots are both relatively androgynous as well.

It's mostly people I physically know, there are some who don't bother listening and my (little) brother has actually taken it upon himself to yell at me whenever someone mentions it. He also...took all of my man cards...
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2011, 04:27:11 pm »

My favorite reaction to MLP was something along the lines of "What is this crap?  You should be watching babies burning alive, not this cute shit.  That's not manly!"  I think that argument pretty much embodies everything wrong with generic man and a over-reaction of the normal.  There's some idea of "I'm a man, I can't do anything cute or enjoyable" that reminds me a lot of... Ford, I think the company was, that actually made fun of trucks with heated steering wheels, like having anything comfortable makes you less of a man.  And by extension, anything that isn't blood and/or on fire, is by default feminine and makes you less of a person.

Of course, the reaction to the "you should watch babies burn" was a series of "I'm going to love and tolerate the shit out of your stupid opinion" which made me feel just a little warm inside.

I'd also like to point out, that Necro is managing to take adorable ponies, AND burning babies.  I have no idea what to say about that.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2011, 04:38:48 pm »

I'd also like to point out, that Necro is managing to take adorable ponies, AND burning babies.  I have no idea what to say about that.
"Schizophrenia bonus! +12 points!"

Dontcha just love the interwebs? :3

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 22, 2011, 10:48:25 pm »

Two words: girly toy line. This is most likely the biggest reason people have trouble accepting MLP, even though I'm pretty sure the original cartoon came first.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2011, 11:06:23 pm »

The cartoon came first, and fans of the cartoon hate the toy line.  Celestia is pink -.-

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 22, 2011, 11:08:43 pm »

What so you mean? She's pink in the show, too. That's why Luna is purple.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2011, 11:20:13 pm »

Compare
Spoiler: The Show (click to show/hide)
against
Spoiler: The Toy (click to show/hide)
The toy box actually has a show image on the box, which shows the difference.  This is essentially where most MLP hate starts.  The toys are girly, designed to be girly.  "Add pink because it's girly."  The show, handles itself more seriously.  It's adorable, but for the most part doesn't sacrifice entertainment value just to add some more pink frills.  It certainly finds excuses to be cute (See: Fluttershy) but it never really interposes a cute moment if it's going to mess up the show itself.

Grumbledwarfskin

• Bay Watcher
  • stilts don't have skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2011, 11:26:17 pm »

Actually, the toy line first appeared in 1982. First cartoon was the special "Rescue from Midnight Castle" in 1984. Or, so sayeth Wikipedia.

Looking at that pic, though...they did not get that toy even remotely right. I remember the 80s toy line as actually looking nice.

Cupcake it up. We all know you love magma, but cupcakes? Cupcakes are original. And magma may be forever, but cupcakes are a lifetime for dessert.  ;D

fix'd

Moar pwnies!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2011, 11:42:42 pm »

Compare
Spoiler: The Show (click to show/hide)
against
Spoiler: The Toy (click to show/hide)
The toy box actually has a show image on the box, which shows the difference.  This is essentially where most MLP hate starts.  The toys are girly, designed to be girly.  "Add pink because it's girly."  The show, handles itself more seriously.  It's adorable, but for the most part doesn't sacrifice entertainment value just to add some more pink frills.  It certainly finds excuses to be cute (See: Fluttershy) but it never really interposes a cute moment if it's going to mess up the show itself.

What do you mean? Both of the Celestias are pink. I find the wings to be the only bad thing.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2011, 11:47:56 pm »

There may be the smallest hue of pink there, but I'm fairly sure that one was fanart.  In this episode snip she's pretty clearly white.  If you're attempting to say that she's the same color as the toy, then you may be colorblind.

EDIT: Also, the "spoiler" in your sig is broken, because sigs do not allow pictures (or gifs).

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2011, 11:55:37 pm »

I will hate you all forever if you get me hooked on MLP.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2011, 12:01:03 am »

I'm gonna love and tolerate the shit out of you too~
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38