Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [IN-DEV][VIDEOS] Majeure - Adventurous Fighter Platformer  (Read 3242 times)

Oasiscircle

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle+Cabbage
    • View Profile
Re: [IN-DEV][VIDEOS] Majeure - Adventurous Fighter Platformer
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2011, 09:14:06 pm »

Okay, just re-download the build and it should be updated. (:

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 09:20:57 pm »

I think the build might be sort of.... uh....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And no, no CPU intensive stuff. My CPU didn't rise above 80%.

Why are you doing this on BYOND anyway? You'd probably get way better performance in a regular language and environment.

Oasiscircle

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle+Cabbage
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 09:24:36 pm »

Hah.  One second, that's probably a .rsc fail on my part.
Alright, it's back up. (:

http://files.byondhome.com/Oasiscircle/Majeure.zip

EDIT: I'm doing this in BYOND just because it's such a quick language to use.  I know the language in and out and as time goes on it's getting more and more to the high-grade.  Recently with the addition of native pixel movement and the soon-to-come Flash Client.  The CPU you're experiencing isn't BYOND's fault, because I'm running the exact same program and I don't feel any noticeable lag except when I start vertical scrolling (which I will be fixing up in a bit).  So I'm still trying to figure out why you're experiencing such lag. ):
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:28:13 pm by Oasiscircle »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 09:58:58 pm »

EDIT: I'm doing this in BYOND just because it's such a quick language to use.  I know the language in and out and as time goes on it's getting more and more to the high-grade.  Recently with the addition of native pixel movement and the soon-to-come Flash Client.  The CPU you're experiencing isn't BYOND's fault, because I'm running the exact same program and I don't feel any noticeable lag except when I start vertical scrolling (which I will be fixing up in a bit).  So I'm still trying to figure out why you're experiencing such lag. ):

No, see, I'm not saying the CPU problems are byond's fault, I'm saying that byond itself is worse performance wise than a native language. This has been consistent across every computer I've owned.

Anyway, the lag problem is fixed, though framerate is still inconsistent at best (20-25 FPS). I love the banner tiles. This is really something you've got here. The ladder bug is more fun the more I try it (if I do it just right, I can go diagonally).

Man I remember my last platformer. I had a bug that let the main character stick to and slide across ceilings. I ended up adjusting it a bit and keeping it in. It was never published, but it was great.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:00:53 pm by freeformschooler »

TheOneandOnly

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 11:20:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think the Goddess should look like this!

I am following this thread!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:36:20 pm by TheOneandOnly »

Oasiscircle

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle+Cabbage
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 11:31:25 pm »

Wow, thanks for the fan art!  I really like her expression, it's so cute and playful! <3
Glad to know you're following the thread, more updates on physics will be coming tomorrow for public testing! (:

TheOneandOnly

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 11:38:05 pm »

It's almost as if.. I couldn't not follow this thread. I feel attached to it somehow!

The art for this game.. it just looks so amazing and wonderful! Damn that artist is good!
Pages: 1 2 [3]