Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: New Space station 13 server. Red Dwarf, Don't be a smeg head! (NEW MAP)  (Read 50076 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: New Space station 13 is up. Red Dwarf
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2011, 03:32:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What I'm getting at here is that I haven't gotten very positive impressions of the BayStation12 admins, thus my desire to try this server once my net stops herping.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2011, 02:44:56 am »

You have been banned by compactninja.
Reason: Sigr Helmfrind (as Sir Sigr Helmfrind) says, "(Gonna get banned for this) Appeal at www.whoopshop.com.
This is a permanent ban.

Long story, my character's backstory is that he is from the past. When he went to genetics they wouldn't explain what cloning was so he called them witches, then they admitted to being witches, then I crusaded against them, then tried to kill myself because I was jobbanned a whole bunch and people were being assholes, and as I made a tiny breach through the airlock I said "(Gonna get banned for this)" To my friend who was also trying to kill himself. I was then immediately banned.

I think it's funny how strict they are over there. It's like they forgot it was a game, and treat it like some complex social simulator. The guy who blew up half of the crew was only banned for a week...

tl;dr: I'm sticking with Red Dwarf.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 02:46:54 am by Urist Mcinternetuser »

CompactNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • From space!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2011, 02:54:53 am »

Reason: Sigr Helmfrind (as Sir Sigr Helmfrind) says, "(Gonna get banned for this) Appeal at www.whoopshop.com.
This is a permanent ban.

Long story, my character's backstory is that he is from the past. When he went to genetics they wouldn't explain what cloning was so he called them witches, then they admitted to being witches, then I crusaded against them, then tried to kill myself because I was jobbanned a whole bunch and people were being assholes, and as I made a tiny breach through the airlock I said "(Gonna get banned for this)" To my friend who was also trying to kill himself. I was then immediately banned.

I think it's funny how strict they are over there. It's like they forgot it was a game, and treat it like some complex social simulator. The guy who blew up half of the crew was only banned for a week...

You're obviously incapable of realising that BS12 is about proper RP. I have no problem with you playing like that, just not on the server that is meant for strict "realistic" (we can bend the rules of realism, sure) behaviour.
Considering you were behaving idiotically, arrested a guy on the grounds of something as ridiculous as "witchcraft", ignored any admins' attempts to inform you that you were playing incorrectly, and then tried to commit suicide, I think you certainly deserved the ban.
I take no issue with you deciding to play on Red DWARF, it's certainly a more appropriate server for you to play on. I don't, however, appreciate you badmouthing BS12, just because you ignored our rules.
Please, let's not let this degenerate into yet another petty argument.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2011, 02:58:39 am »

How do I access the server?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

CompactNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • From space!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2011, 03:19:22 am »

You need to download BYOND and make an account. Once you've done that, open BYOND, and go File > Open Location... and enter the server address in the provided box.
In the case of Red DWARF, it is: byond://ss13.googolplexed.net:1500

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2011, 04:09:19 am »

Why does RD have no access to chems, medbay, robotics?.. I believe a couple other vital for RD areas either?

P.S. Choking is TOO deadly. It takes a few seconds to pass out and die. I can choke a person standing in a corner in 10 seconds to death.

P.P.S. You cannot CPR a person normally. It's a bit weird. Do I have no chance to CPR someone if I don't inject inaprovaline?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 04:13:50 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2011, 04:19:52 am »

You know what would be cool and quite new for SS13? If the escape pod was already here, probably 2-3, and it would take some time to prepare them.
And traitors could sabotage the launch or launch some early. Like in 7 days a skeptic

P.S. Security windows are not electrified! You should fix it, stealing thermals is way too easy.

I have a lot of other suggestions and issue reports, any chance to get on IRC with devs? :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 04:27:28 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2011, 04:48:21 am »

1=0

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2011, 08:31:45 am »

This is a permanent ban.

to be fair, that sort of RP isn't exactly the type I'm looking for either. Chaotic, not stupid.

Also, Deon, good find about the RD access
I might need to look into a choke nerf too. CPR is an interesting case, as injecting inaprovaline really is the easiest way to do it, without coding in Yet Another Hack(tm)

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2011, 02:33:10 pm »

This is a permanent ban.

to be fair, that sort of RP isn't exactly the type I'm looking for either. Chaotic, not stupid.

Also, Deon, good find about the RD access
I might need to look into a choke nerf too. CPR is an interesting case, as injecting inaprovaline really is the easiest way to do it, without coding in Yet Another Hack(tm)

But to be even more fair, I've only done it that ridiculously once because they wouldn't explain to me ANYTHING about modern technology, despite my very obvious questioning.. and told someone from the dark ages that they were witches.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2011, 02:37:10 pm »

Please, let's not let this degenerate into yet another petty argument.
Wasn't planning on it. But at least admit that telling someone who was revived from the dark ages that they are witches is a bad idea.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2011, 03:12:30 pm »

Telling anyone your a witch or magic user in this game no matter the server is a stupid thing to do.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2011, 04:42:54 pm »

This is a permanent ban.

I think the biggest problem is that your RP doesn't make sense.  Why would a person from the Dark Ages and who still had the mind set of someone the Dark Ages ever be working on a space station/ship?
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2011, 04:57:18 pm »

Edit: Unwarrented and offtopic rant deleted. Suffice it to say I think they should probably have just treated it as an IC crazy man and told him not to play as that char anymore in ooc.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 05:23:21 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2011, 05:08:17 pm »

I think the biggest problem is that your RP doesn't make sense.  Why would a person from the Dark Ages and who still had the mind set of someone the Dark Ages ever be working on a space station/ship?
I know it was weird character, I just wanted to do something a little more unique then the people everyone else plays. Because pretty much everyone plays as normal person with lisp/albinism/tourettes, so I wanted to play as something slightly different.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 05:54:44 pm by Urist Mcinternetuser »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20