Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Ever had a mega-beast so ridiculous it's laughable?  (Read 7053 times)

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ever had a mega-beast so ridiculous it's laughable?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 05:58:58 am »

There was that giant ball of snow, which apparently tried to reach me by swimming through the magma sea.

I had a living fire beast spawn in a flooded cave. He didn't like it. Left its wings and claws in the lake, and the torso and head squirm toward my stairs until a crossbowdwarf ended its misery.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 09:28:22 am »

Really don't remember one that I could actually kill, but I think there was a poisonous water sac once.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

That Guy Over There

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2011, 09:29:26 am »

I had a forgotten beast made of filth. Think about that. Not vomit, but a ball of sweat, dirt, and garbage. With WINGS. A capybara smacked it and it exploded.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2011, 12:20:34 pm »

I had a forgotten beast made of filth. Think about that. Not vomit, but a ball of sweat, dirt, and garbage. With WINGS. A capybara smacked it and it exploded.

I guess it was a garbage bag.

My favorite has to be the giant stone dinosaur that was impossible to kill, and it went through my military, coming out with all of its limbs set to mangled.  It then wiped out about 80 dwarves.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2011, 01:02:20 pm »

Six-legged quadruped.  That is all.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 01:43:00 pm »

So many political jokes I can make right now. Oh so, so, many.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 03:28:23 pm »

With the Forlorn Realms mod, I had a cow forgotten beast made out of ZINGER HEARTS.

To put that into perspective; you take the smallest, furriest thing that even a dwarf child can kill (I've seen it), you take one of the most vulnerable parts out of it and you turn it into a big cow. This is the equivalent of making it out of the tears of fluffy wamblers or the hopes and dreams of sleeping dwarf babies.

Needless to say, a wayward miner punched it and caused it to bleed out.

I think zinger hearts are the things that explode when zingers die to cause the syndrome effects they have >_>

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 04:34:09 pm »

I don't remember what it was, but it was something along the lines of a hairless....something. It was a long time ago, and my first forgotten beast.

See, I would open up the caverns, place cage traps, and place bait animals to catch GCS's. So, this forgotten beast charges to my base, and finds a donkey (Was it a goat? Dunno) there. They proceed to have an -EPIC- fight. I mean, it was amazing. The donkey-whatever won in the end, but succumbed to it's wounds.

In it's honor I made a dungeon.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

DrGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 05:38:09 pm »

I had a man made of snow who was bipedal, and carried an look of unbelievable peace  ???
He was still very much hostile, and before I could capture it and mock it for eternity, a pack of war dogs got it.

Fro-sty the snow-man was a silly pointless foe,
With a xPipex  and a haughty pose,
And a knack for bringing woe!

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 03:23:08 pm »

Sounds like some giant grab went crazy from hunger, glued feathers and hide wings to itself, and decided to cause trouble by breathing fire all over your fort.

TheChosen

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 05:10:04 pm »

I actually had my first Forgotten Beast yesterday. It was a giant feathered slug with slavering wings and powers to breath dust at us!

First I was like "A Slug? Oh get real". Still, I prepared my militia (this was also a good change to try out my freshly made adamantine breastplates) and heh hey, the slug gave them the best fight they've had so far (I've only used them to hunt down cavern creatures that we're bothering us from time to time). Commander lost her hand and ear (even though its been year since the battle, the severed hand and ear are still there, coated on the blood of that cursed creature), everyone spend next few days being pale and sick and one dwarf was completely splattered to pieces (he was the only casualty. I gave him a hero's funeral and sent him off to a lava in a artifact glass coffin).
TheChosen cancels Mega-project: Too sane

Train Poacher

• Bay Watcher
  • It menaces with spikes of bad decisions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2011, 06:13:43 pm »

About a year ago (real time), one of my forts was attacked by a giant fire-breathing moth. A few months later...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, it was labeled as an ocean titan.

Veylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 08:04:33 pm »

Back in 40d I had a Titan attack my fortress. I scrambled my defenses, ordered everyone beneath, and barricaded the doors. Then I realized, in horror, that I had lost track of the monstrosity! After some frantic searching around, I found the corpse. Whilst I'd been panicking, my hunter had felled the thing with a single crossbow bolt, presumably the eye. He got himself a royal tomb.
At what point did the suggestion of child sacrifice become the more ethical option?

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 08:19:43 pm »

I had two steam forgotten beast in a row, some nobody civilian gets chased by it and he/she fights back bare handed, ripping great gouts of FB steam tissue out with every strike, while the FB's attacks all were glancing off the xpig tail pantsx and a short time later there are bits of forgotten beast steam laying around, dissapating in a few hours.

Edit: As far as mega beasts go, (.40D) a Dragon that stepped around a corner and came face to face with a dwarf that one shotted it with a fist to the brain, one dead dog and one injured dwarf  was all that dragon did.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:26:28 pm by warwizard »

Steelgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 12:33:01 am »

As far as mega beasts go, (.40D) a Dragon that stepped around a corner and came face to face with a dwarf that one shotted it with a fist to the brain, one dead dog and one injured dwarf  was all that dragon did.
Thus reinforcing the old axiom of never coming between a dwarf and his beer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4