Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: DF arena - Under new management  (Read 34773 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: DF arena - Day 7 over
« Reply #195 on: September 26, 2011, 12:36:50 pm »

+1 to Striker,
Fight a Jaguar.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 26, 2011, 12:40:23 pm »

May I take on 2 Wolves???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 26, 2011, 12:45:57 pm »

May I take on 2 Wolves???
I'm going to have to say no. Letting people do multiple single fights is a precedent that could turn out very badly later on.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 26, 2011, 01:06:05 pm »

Ha! I must admit, I'm rather pleased with how that turned out.  :)

No time to gloat, though- The fate of the Wandering Kingdom hinges on my success!

Budget: 253 Urists

Selling:
Copper Scimitar +14 (28)

Buying:
Bronze Scimitar -70
Shield User to Competent -60
Dodger to Skilled -70
Swordsman to Proficient -50

Total: -250 Urists

Afterward, provided that I am eligible, I wish to declare a challenge to the Hunter of the North.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 01:09:27 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 26, 2011, 01:11:34 pm »

Afterward, provided that I am eligible, I wish to declare a challenge to the Hunter of the North.
You are eligible. If you beat him, then the next two arena lords will be revealed. Those two can be beaten in any order before the next to are revealed. This will continue until eight and nine are beaten, when the grad champion will become available to fight.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 26, 2011, 01:17:49 pm »

You are eligible. If you beat him, then the next two arena lords will be revealed. Those two can be beaten in any order before the next to are revealed. This will continue until eight and nine are beaten, when the grad champion will become available to fight.

“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 26, 2011, 01:47:04 pm »

Very pleased with that brawl ^^.

I shall take on a wolf to keep an income. Dunno what to spend on yet.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:33:28 pm by Maxinum McDreich »

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 26, 2011, 02:05:02 pm »

Buy 1 point in sword dodge and shield. Fight wolf
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2011, 04:58:32 pm »

Re-reading the log, and boy...

Fekon continued his vicious struggle with the cavy. His mace leaving only glancing blows, Fekod started tearing toes off the animal with his teeth.

...for guinea pigs, they don't go down easy, though I applaud Fekod's ingenuity.

Question:

After a certain amount of wins or the completion of a challenge, could we be assigned "procedurally generated" titles..? Or anything you want to give us, really. :P

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2011, 05:12:53 pm »

Re-reading the log, and boy...

Fekon continued his vicious struggle with the cavy. His mace leaving only glancing blows, Fekod started tearing toes off the animal with his teeth.

...for guinea pigs, they don't go down easy, though I applaud Fekod's ingenuity.

Question:

After a certain amount of wins or the completion of a challenge, could we be assigned "procedurally generated" titles..? Or anything you want to give us, really. :P
That cavy really caused him trouble.

As for titles, I'm been wating to implement them for a while, but there's a bit of a balancing act. If titles are given out often, then they become rather cheap. If titles are rarely given out, then people will hardly see them.

There's also the problem that the things that people can do increases exponentially with time. I've tried to set it up so the average gladiator will see their wealth increase by between 10% and 20% for each day of fighting, and thing means that the things that the competitors are capable of also increases. For example, early on I was very impressed when a character managed to kill a wolf in one blow, and I felt like maybe that should get a title or something. Now, a few turns later, it's pretty common for characters to do that and if I had given that character a title, then it would have been rendered pretty much invalid by now.

If you have a suggestion for a good method, I'm all ears.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2011, 05:17:10 pm »

+1 to sword -40 a copper shield -54 2 point in shield -30? and a wolf robe -66 =  190 I'm good and I'll challenge The hunter if ibads doesn't kill him first and if he does I'll fight a Bull(again).
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2011, 05:26:13 pm »

I'll challenge The hunter if ibads doesn't kill him first and if he does I'll fight a Bull(again).
Even if Ibid wins, you still can and must fight the hunter to continue.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2011, 05:27:01 pm »

Oh, a question: If you kill the Gladiator, but his pet proceeds to kill you, what happens?

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2011, 05:29:30 pm »

Oh, a question: If you kill the Gladiator, but his pet proceeds to kill you, what happens?
If there are no other gladiators, then you win. Similarly, if you get killed but your pet kills the enemy, then you lose.

When placing the gladiators, I always place them so that each gladiator has their pet (if any) between them and the enemy, so the AI doesn't just go for the gladiator and ignore the pet.

EDIT: On the subject of pets, I would like to add that it is possible to buy armour and skills for your pet. However, they are not transferrable between pets. If you sell your pet, you will get back half of the cost of the armour and skills. Note that some armour will not be possible, and some skills will be worthless, depending on your pet.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:33:54 pm by ed boy »

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 26, 2011, 05:31:28 pm »

Ok the I'll fight the hunter with my new stuff.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27