Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: DF arena - Under new management  (Read 34740 times)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: DF arena - Day 5 over
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2011, 11:30:42 pm »

oops, forgot to mention I wanted to fight another wolf... oh well. guess I'll just fight a jaguar this time.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2011, 11:35:07 pm »

I just noticed for some reason I have 29☼

If thats correct, I will take another level in Axeuser...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
Re: DF arena - Day 4 over
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2011, 12:02:41 am »

I don't believe it's possible to give people quivers in arena mode. Your dwarf will be holding the crossbow in one hand and the bolts in the other. It will work fine, but you will not be able to use a shield while doing this.

So including the recently defeated wolf, I assume I have 40☼ to spend. In which case, I'll take 10 for Novice Hammerdwarf, 20 more into Marksdwarf to bring it up to Adequate and I'll invest the last 10 in a copper cap.

I'd also like to be included in both the upcoming melee and the tournament. Also, another wolf fight, please.

EDIT: Just tested a marksdwarf with the bolts in hand in the Arena, and he just dumped all of them except one, fired it and leapt into the fray, crossbow swinging. As such, I'll just sell the other four bolts I have if you have the same issue, ed boy. Gonna concentrate on that first hit with an excellent bolt instead, then get a heavy crossbow for the ensuing brawl.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:40:48 am by Azure Sepulchre »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2011, 01:16:49 am »

A question for you, ed boy. Is our success in the match based solely on our gladiators' survival, or is it counted as a victory if our pets defeat the opponent(s) after we have fallen?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2011, 01:18:41 am »

I'll fight a Jaguar.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2011, 01:58:29 am »

Well, let's see... of my 57 Urists, I'll spend 5 on a leather cap, 20 upgrading Dodge to Adequate, and another 30 on a scantily clad Harpy with a rather serious personality, who will gradually settle into her place as the lead female role and develop a romance with Ibid beginning in Episode 12: Gobbledygook!

Then fight a Gorilla.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 02:16:25 am by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2011, 05:02:59 am »

Fekod will get a rank in dodge, then fight another wolf. He will participate in the melee.

I would like to reiterate that I have two characters, but if you know and allow this:

Adil will get a rank in dodge, then fight a jaguar. He will participate in the melee.
I somehow missed that you have two characters. I am afraid that I'm going to have to ask you to choose between them, as if two characters becomes the norm, I could be running thirty fights in a day which is a bit too much.

I'll buy a point of miner, copper chain leggings, and fight a jaguar again.
I am afraid that you cannot buy any points in miner in arena mode.

How do you decide who fights and who doesn't???
Beastmaster fought twice in a row there (so did a few others), I only noticed him cause he was on the bottom of both lists...
There is nothing wrong with fighting two consecutive days. You can fight as many days as you want, as long as you do not fight more than once on any single day. When running an arena day, I make a list of who requested a fight since the last day, get rid of multiple fights, then run the fights in arena mode and type up the combat log. If your fight has not been run on a day you asked for it, that's entirely my fault for not noticing your post.

A question for you, ed boy. Is our success in the match based solely on our gladiators' survival, or is it counted as a victory if our pets defeat the opponent(s) after we have fallen?
It hasn't been an issue until now, but I'm going to say that it will be based on the gladiator's survival.

EDIT: Just tested a marksdwarf with the bolts in hand in the Arena, and he just dumped all of them except one, fired it and leapt into the fray, crossbow swinging. As such, I'll just sell the other four bolts I have if you have the same issue, ed boy. Gonna concentrate on that first hit with an excellent bolt instead, then get a heavy crossbow for the ensuing brawl.
Did you create five stacks of one bolt, or one stack of five bolts? Every time you open up the menu, it created another stack. Just create one stack and press + to bring it up to five bolts.

Melee signup list:
Fekod/Adil Nilnekol
Leon
Matthias drechburn
Azurist MacHine

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2011, 05:39:55 am »

Did you create five stacks of one bolt, or one stack of five bolts? Every time you open up the menu, it created another stack. Just create one stack and press + to bring it up to five bolts.

The world suddenly makes sense and I feel like an idiot. -_- Suspected you had the same problem considering my gladi killed the wolf with just one shot. Ta much anyways.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2011, 05:43:19 am »

Are you sure you want to sell the extra bolts, or would you like to revise what you said in the previous post?

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2011, 05:56:07 am »

I'll keep Fekod.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2011, 11:04:03 am »

By the way, the first arena lord has been updated. Some of you should think about challenging him soon.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2011, 01:05:17 pm »

Laurenski fights a wolf. She also signs up for the melee match and the tournament.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2011, 01:30:20 pm »

That's for that. As for the melee, sign me up please.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2011, 01:39:38 pm »

Are you sure you want to sell the extra bolts, or would you like to revise what you said in the previous post?

Nah, I won't be selling them if they can be stacked. Sorry, forgot to say that.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF arena - Day 6 over
« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2011, 03:52:57 pm »

Spoiler: Fekod Nilnekol VS wolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leon VS jaguar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flint VS bull (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tersr Aaron VS wolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jacqué VS wolf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: gladiators (click to show/hide)

Melee signup list:
Fekod/Adil Nilnekol
Leon
Matthias drechburn
Azurist MacHine
Laurenski Korsokov
Ibid Straydrink
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:41:57 pm by ed boy »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27