Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: DF arena - Under new management  (Read 34749 times)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
Re: DF arena - Day 4 over
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2011, 05:50:13 pm »

Then I'll just have a pet Cave Blob.
Unfortunately, it appears that the game does not let me spawn cave blobs in arena mode. Upon further inspection, it appears that creatures normally found in the caverns are unable to be spawned (e.g. blind cave ogre, jabberer), and thus cannot be purchased.
Fine then I'll have a pet Mandrill.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2011, 06:02:24 pm »

Unfortunately, it appears that the game does not let me spawn cave blobs in arena mode. Upon further inspection, it appears that creatures normally found in the caverns are unable to be spawned (e.g. blind cave ogre, jabberer), and thus cannot be purchased.

Oh well, that is probably for the best. When you said that we could have any pet, my mind went to helmet snakes, which are valued the same as wolves...
I'm being a bit caution about allowing any animal. I've had a brief look at the options and there doesn't seem to by any powerful but cheap animals, but I could have missed something, so if any turn up I'll probably ban them.

Some of the animals like the helmet snake have poison and the like, but since the fight take place over such a short term, I figured that the effects would not really come into play.

Fine then I'll have a pet Mandrill.
I've already run your fight (don't worry, you won even without an animal), so it'll be added in preparation for the next one.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2011, 06:38:12 pm »

can't you just remove the arena_mode_restricted tag?
I was not aware of that tag. I'll try getting rid of it.

EDIT: Which raw file are the cave creatures included in? I couldn't find them.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:41:55 pm by ed boy »

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2011, 06:57:41 pm »

I actually remember something like this happening before in the DF community games forum.

Name: Nord Ironfist (dwarf)
Equipment: Well-crafted -Copper Mace-, feather tree buckler
Skills: none
Urists: 0

First action is fight a wolf.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2011, 07:10:48 pm »

I actually remember something like this happening before in the DF community games forum.
I came across something like this in the generaly discussion forum, but it never really got started.

Also, you cannot specify item quality in arena mode, so I am afraid your submission is invalid.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF arena - Day 5 over
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2011, 07:12:44 pm »

Spoiler: Tersr Aaron VS Wolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leon VS Jaguar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fekod Nilnekod VS Wolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beastmaster VS Wolf (click to show/hide)

TOURNAMENT FIGHTS

Spoiler: gladiators (click to show/hide)

The details of the new tournaments are now up. There are two matches coming up - a melee match and a tournament.

If you are interested in the melee match, then post. There are no requirements for the number of people, but the more people the better it will be and the better prizes there will be.

Since there are now sixteen gladiators, which is a very good number for tournaments, I will default to everybody being included in the next tournament. If you would not like to take part, then post and I will replace you with an NPC gladiator.

The melee match will take place on arena day seven. Each of the competitors will be placed in the arena at the same time, in a free-for-all. For every person that dies before you, you win ten Urists. If you personally deal the killing blow, then you win an extra twenty. Furthermore, there is a prize fund of 5% of the total wealth of all the competitors. The fighter who lasts longest gets 40% of the prize fund, the second person gets 30%, the third person gets 20% and the fourth person gets 10%.

The tournament will take place on arena days nine, ten and eleven. At the start of the tournament, each gladiator will be randomly paired up with another gladiator, forming eight teams of two. The fights on day ten will be knockout fights. Of the four teams that survive day ten, they will fight in both days eleven and twelve, in order to determine first, second, third and fourth place teams.

In each fight in the tournament, if you are on the winning team you win 5% of the total wealth of the four fighters. Furthermore, 10% of the total wealth of all the competitors will be added to the prize fund. If your team is ranked first, you wil 20% of the prize fund. If your team is ranked second, you win 15% of the prize fund. If your team is ranked third, you win 10% of the prize fund. If your team is ranked fourth, you win 5% of the prize fund.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2011, 07:27:21 pm »

Fekod will get a rank in dodge, then fight another wolf. He will participate in the melee.

I would like to reiterate that I have two characters, but if you know and allow this:

Adil will get a rank in dodge, then fight a jaguar. He will participate in the melee.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 07:38:41 pm by Sinpwn »

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2011, 07:28:46 pm »

I will participate in both the tournament and melee and will fight a jaguar while waiting.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2011, 07:33:46 pm »

How do you decide who fights and who doesn't???
Beastmaster fought twice in a row there (so did a few others), I only noticed him cause he was on the bottom of both lists...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2011, 07:54:32 pm »

Time to get me a breastplate (copper) and fight one more wolf!
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2011, 08:10:05 pm »

I'll buy a point of miner, copper chain leggings, and fight a jaguar again.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2011, 08:14:13 pm »

I buy leather armour, put myself into the melee and risk it all out facing a jaguar.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2011, 08:26:27 pm »

:o wow for a elf Flint's pretty good give me a copper helm 24 a pair of copper high boots 48 and a copper Gauntlet 22 so thats 94 points then one more point in swordself 1 one in dodging and armor user 70 meaning I have 10 Urists left "sweet".

edit:Have me fight a bull while I'm waiting I want to see this...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:28:46 pm by stabbymcstabstab »
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2011, 08:27:40 pm »

Sell wood sword, but bronze sword, fight wolf!
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2011, 10:43:06 pm »

Ill be in the next tournament and give me one into dodging. Also, Good fight flint.

Edit: Ill also take on a jaguar.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:32:16 pm by Coolnesstod »
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27