Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 111461 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Coversion - V1.3.2
« Reply #450 on: April 09, 2012, 11:06:13 am »

I'm currently working on daemonic possession by using interactions. As it currently is, creatures in evil regions will have a random chance of being possessed. However, to prevent daemon-possessed daemons, I'll have to do some changes in their creature raws (mainly replacing [CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON] with [CREATURE_CLASS:DAEMON]).

Should possessed creatures turn into daemons/chaos spawn or should they simply get a boost to their stats and get [CRAZED]?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 09, 2012, 11:15:23 am »

I have to say I am beyond excited about the soon to come minecarts that toady is working on. I can already imagine a great railways under ground with dwarfs going here and there hauling ore, metal, coal and goods. The only thing tempering my excitement is the knowledge of the amount of time it takes to get these kinds of updates, but still :D !!!!!!!!
You dare speak of The undgrim amongst humans?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 09, 2012, 05:51:52 pm »

AAAAAAAAHH how dare I, bring such shame on my clan of to the slayers I must go. TO A GLORIOUS DEATH

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 17, 2012, 05:27:39 am »

ok, just a small update on my current WIP:
obsinite - i have to figure out where our miners/slaves will find it
Warpstone - i've created 2 kinds, 1 extremely dangerous that will release gaseous death on everyone (except skaven) that can be found inside the main one clusters (wich has low boiling explosive point so must be handled cautiosly)

any suggestions on soil placement?

Edit: also working on prosthetics
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:45:19 am by Krantz86 »
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 17, 2012, 09:15:13 am »

hey I know everyone has been busy (im still working on exams which is why i have yet to return to my testing) but is it at all possible to get some normal orks. We have savage orks which are naked savages, and we have night gobbos, but is it possible to get normal standard run of the mills orks (warhammer style mind you). And on another note would it be possible to copy the armour making raws for the bretonians and put in the ironbreaker armour for the dwarves? THe reason being is that in the last 2 months i have genned 56 different worlds and have yet to have ironbreaker armour. Anyways best of luck to the development team.

PS. still so excited for those minecarts

Edit: just as i finish posting about orks i find the 2012 orc mod. Just an idea but we should check with the maker to see if we could include it into this mod. (not as a replacement to the savage orks as they are their own thing, but as just plain old orks.)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:21:19 am by Stronghammer »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 17, 2012, 10:22:47 am »

As an added idea to regular orks, normal gobbos might also be included as a caste in this "regular greenskin" civ.

Anyway, anyone has any suggestions on how a chaos spawn should look like? How many arms, special attacks, etc?

EDIT: Also, what are the files with daemonic creatures in them? So far I've found only the horrors, nurgling and juggernaut.

EDIT 2: Here is a sample from a very basic form of daemonic possession:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT 3: Just found out I forgot to remove certain tokens I added to the Night Goblins while testing. So they currently don't eat or drink. I'll upload a corrected version soon.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:49:37 am by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 17, 2012, 11:30:22 am »

in the last 2 months i have genned 56 different worlds and have yet to have ironbreaker armour. Anyways best of luck to the development team.

i just re-checked it, my first gen has ironbreaker armors, just a thing, i downloaded the phoebus version to update the classic one and i've seen some duplicate errors in the bretonnian files, the only help i can give you is to check entity_dwarf_Karak and entity_dwarf_outpost to be sure that [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_IRONBREAKER:COMMON]    is present in both
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 11:53:59 am by Krantz86 »
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 17, 2012, 12:14:38 pm »

in the last 2 months i have genned 56 different worlds and have yet to have ironbreaker armour. Anyways best of luck to the development team.

i just re-checked it, my first gen has ironbreaker armors, just a thing, i downloaded the phoebus version to update the classic one and i've seen some duplicate errors in the bretonnian files, the only help i can give you is to check entity_dwarf_Karak and entity_dwarf_outpost to be sure that [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_IRONBREAKER:COMMON]    is present in both

Because the way world gen works if you have more than one type of item (ex high boot vs. low boot, both are shoes) it will try to pick both but may drop one or the other. From my experience if you have more than 3 types of items for a specific body part it tends to have two but not the third in most cases. to fix this add ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_IRONBREAKER:FORCED. This will always ensure that the civ has that item. COMMON just means there is a greater chance for the civ to have access to that item.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 18, 2012, 05:26:37 am »

anyone has any suggestions on how a chaos spawn should look like? How many arms, special attacks, etc?

try making a couple of spawns of different size, one with a breath attack while the other one has many latching attacks
, even better make one of them quadrupedal wit tusks and spined back

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 18, 2012, 08:16:08 am »

ty

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 18, 2012, 12:15:59 pm »

i'm adding the final touches to sea gold, i'm gonna release it soon..

EDIT: uhh i noticed someting strange, since when you could "c"ut ore and boulders in the jeweler workshop?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 01:04:04 pm by Krantz86 »

nekronuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 18, 2012, 02:03:28 pm »

this may be non-40k, but i'd still love to get 'nids.

Irracotto

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Change
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 18, 2012, 03:18:51 pm »

After reading mrtspence's narrative, I knew I had to start a Chaos fortress. Funny, nearly the same thing happened to me, but instead of dragonfire (which came a little later), my reclaim came from a very unfortunate waterfall placed smack in the middle of my embark.

The forces of Chaos will not be defeated by such a mundane thing!

Well, actually they were. The story of my fort was just one giant Benny Hill plot, so I felt it would be cruel of me not to share.

Part One: Athodgithu, "Brasssins"

CHAOS POP COUNTER: 7

The miner I embarked with was quickly swept off while collecting some lumber from across the river. I then lost my carpenter the same way. When I decided to do something about it (WALLS FOR THE WALL GOD), my cultists insisted on building the far edge first, and I lost another of my little chaos lemmings before I noticed and suspend the far walls.

CHAOS POP COUNTER: 4 + 5 migrants (2 of them children) = 9

Well, then my Khornite Champion went ballistic, as the one that was just swept off was her hubby. She brained one of the children from my first migrant wave with one of my dining hall tables (which promptly broke).

She then started to complain that I didn't have enough tables in my hall.

Unfortunately for me, she was also the incursion leader (high speech skills, go figure), so when the father of the child went to her to complain about the death of his child, whom she killed, she flew into a rage and punched his arm clean off.

CHAOS POP COUNTER: 4 + 4.75 migrants (2 1 of them children) = 8.75

Oh goody, I thought, my first tantrum spiral! I usually play DF very, very safe, so this was new (and FUN) for me. I set my remaining cultists to work making slabs to engrave, so I didn't have crazy Chaos ghosts all over the place. That... would probably be when I realized that my only pick was swept off the waterfall. Oh, drat. Well, alright, I guess --

A Juggernaut of Khorne has appeared!

--balls.

Keeping in theme with Chaos, I made an above ground town/castle, rather than the Dwarfy death-trap pit I usually went with. I decided that traps were also very un-Chaos, so all I had was a little drawbridge. I gave the order, and instantly turtles, instructing my remaining (unhappy) cultists and warriors that they should turn to farming, at least until the big nasty stops wandering around my forests. Anyway --

Migrant wave number 2!

--seriously?

I winced as the Juggernaut wandered over to my five little migrants and... sniffed at them. He snorted, and promptly walked away.

CHAOS POP COUNTER: 4 (unhappy) + 4.75 (unhappy)migrants ( 1(unhappy)child) + 5 (slightly terrified)migrants (2 of them children) = 13.75

I lowered the bridge, unforbidded some of the Great Wall... and some spray knocked off one of the new migrants. You just can't get good help these days. I eventually walled everything off, and delt with some Dark Elf trading caravans. I bought a breeding pair of Juggernauts, and one Asur Dragon with a boatload of bone crafts my Khornite Champion-Incursion Leader-Hunter-Butcher-Bone Carver made.

That's when I noticed after flipping through my unit list that someone was drowning. Oh come on, I walled that off, so I looked and... it was the last migrant that was swept off...

...about three months ago.

Turns out he was a Champion of Slaanesh, and I didn't bother to check, seeing as how he ran VERY FAST to start building the wall, then fell off VERY FAST.

He was quite content. He talked to a loved one recently. He admired a nice waterfall lately. He was caught in the rain recently. (Really now?)

End of Part One.

(This was typed up in a little bit of a hurry, breaks between lectures and what all, I'll be coming back to fill in some missing names when I get back to my home computer)

Oh, yeah, this mod compilation has not only renewed my interest in DF, but actually got me over my fear of raw editing. Thank you for all your hard work!

(Edit: A few corrections for legibility)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:27:44 pm by Irracotto »

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 18, 2012, 04:05:35 pm »

Well, then my Khornite Champion went ballistic, as the one that was just swept off was her hubby. She brained one of the children from my first migrant wave with one of my dining hall tables (which promptly broke).

She then started to complain that I didn't have enough tables in my hall.

*you hear a distant maniacal laugh coming from italy*
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:09:21 pm by Krantz86 »

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 18, 2012, 04:30:46 pm »

Anyway, anyone has any suggestions on how a chaos spawn should look like? How many arms, special attacks, etc?

EDIT: Also, what are the files with daemonic creatures in them? So far I've found only the horrors, nurgling and juggernaut.

I think chaosspawn should be random, and by that I mean they should copy tags from a procedurally generated creature like a titan, forgotten beast, demon, or night creature.  then there hard materials could be changed by select_material to the same tag that makes gizzard stones random ANY_HARD_STONE, and their soft materials could be EVIL_CLOUD_1, and EVIL_RAIN_1.
try making a couple of spawns of different size, one with a breath attack while the other one has many latching attacks
, even better make one of them quadrupedal wit tusks and spined back

making multiple castes is good too, if you have a lot that are barely recognizable as the same creature, it can seem like it was just spit out of chaos.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:34:30 pm by Courtesy Arloban »
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41