Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 111468 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Coversion - V1.3.2
« Reply #420 on: March 31, 2012, 05:00:59 pm »

I think I might have a bug to report. I am finding it incredibly difficult to generate a world. The settings I am using are large world size, short history, very high civilizations, very high sites, very high beasts, high savagery, and everywhere mineral occurrence. The thing that repeatedly is happening is that the world will get up to the point where the civilizations are all placed and then it starts over. I let the generator run for about an hour and eventually got an error report about "farming civilizations" and how the world cannot generate because there aren't enough of them for some reason. Also,I am using the 34.07 Phoebus pack.

I have found it easiest to have everything on medium with a short history. I have made it work with minerals on the highest amount, and with land on the highest amount, but I have not been able to mess with much else to any success.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 31, 2012, 09:30:50 pm »

I think I might have a bug to report. I am finding it incredibly difficult to generate a world. The settings I am using are large world size, short history, very high civilizations, very high sites, very high beasts, high savagery, and everywhere mineral occurrence. The thing that repeatedly is happening is that the world will get up to the point where the civilizations are all placed and then it starts over. I let the generator run for about an hour and eventually got an error report about "farming civilizations" and how the world cannot generate because there aren't enough of them for some reason. Also,I am using the 34.07 Phoebus pack.
I'll try to look into it. I got it a while back, but I assumed it was due to me messing around with the RAWs. This was not helped due to the fact I didn't assign the Night Goblin civ it's creature at the time. I'll do a bit experimenting, see what is going on. If you could copy your errorlog here, it'd help.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 01, 2012, 12:26:13 am »

Hello Phog that is a problem i have been having since the new 0.34 DF update and have been trying to fix.The major problem is farm space for civs in worldgen and the only way around it that i have found is using less civilizations, i use high civs with high sites with the rest on medium and it works most of the time.This is a known problem with the new 0.34 update with civilization farming space being an issue.I have spent a long time tinkering with the raws but the only thing that seemed to make any difference is worldgen parameters.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 12:36:04 am by SDood »

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 01, 2012, 04:51:31 pm »

Hello Phog that is a problem i have been having since the new 0.34 DF update and have been trying to fix.The major problem is farm space for civs in worldgen and the only way around it that i have found is using less civilizations, i use high civs with high sites with the rest on medium and it works most of the time.This is a known problem with the new 0.34 update with civilization farming space being an issue.I have spent a long time tinkering with the raws but the only thing that seemed to make any difference is worldgen parameters.

I am almost 100% certain this has to do with savagery. I can gen max sized worlds with max civs provided that savagery is low-ish. I think savage creatures reduce the effective area for settling in world gen and cause that problem.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 01, 2012, 05:20:04 pm »

mmmh... i keep getting server error messages while accessing bay12forums, anyway i'm starting the work on the metals, the winners are
warpstone - need help on syndrome, anyone willing to help? we need to set skavens immune
obsinite - coming soon
seagold/darksteel - coming soon
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 01, 2012, 06:20:44 pm »

Immunity is simple. Just add a new creature class to skaven and set the syndromes to not affect that.

As to the syndromes themselves, there are many possibilities. Turning them into hostile chaos spawn is one that comes to mind. Or some other kind of mutation.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 01, 2012, 06:54:29 pm »

Immunity is simple. Just add a new creature class to skaven and set the syndromes to not affect that.

This will also make the skaven immune to normal poisons, though. An easier way is to add this to the syndrome:

Code: [Select]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:SKAVEN:ALL]
I haven't checked up on this in a while, might have to soon.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 01, 2012, 07:22:03 pm »

i also need help on coding... well... mutation...
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 01, 2012, 07:58:28 pm »

Mutation on an atribute level may be done with syndromes that change those. Otherwise we're going to have to use body transformations.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 01, 2012, 09:49:18 pm »

I was looking through the raws and I found that high elf dragons have urine. Pray tell me what is this substance used for? I'm assuming something alchemical.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 02, 2012, 06:29:03 pm »

So, Night Goblins are in a playable state. Their alchemical reactions, however, WILL cost you one goblin since the only non-transformation result is an explosion. Will try to add more results later. Also included some changes to savage orcs, but those should only affect them in the world gen (removed [EVIL], added [SAVAGE] and some other minor stuff). Readme for the goblins included.

You may want to remove vanilla goblins.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:31:49 pm by Deathsword »

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 02, 2012, 07:26:41 pm »

So, Night Goblins are in a playable state. Their alchemical reactions, however, WILL cost you one goblin since the only non-transformation result is an explosion. Will try to add more results later. Also included some changes to savage orcs, but those should only affect them in the world gen (removed [EVIL], added [SAVAGE] and some other minor stuff). Readme for the goblins included.

You may want to remove vanilla goblins.

Great to see these little gits.

I just checked the raws and two things:
-- You have two [EQUIPS] tags, this shouldn't do anything too bad but you may want to edit these.

-- This isn't really a problem with the raws but I think you may be missing a very important tag...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As you can see in the above image currently the night goblins are missing a very important:

[RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:NOSE:100]             // Normal humanoids have a size of 10, goblins... have very prominent noses.

** Also I thought greenskins did take slaves... at least the orcs did. Night goblins tend to have mostly dwarf prisoners... If I have my lore correct mostly they use them for labor and mining as orcs and goblins don't really have much attention for something that doesn't involve bashing, eating, or fighting
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:31:55 pm by Black_Legion »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 02, 2012, 09:17:36 pm »

Thanks for the correction. I think the double [EQUIPS] may cause the doubled raws problem, so that'll have to be fixed.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 04, 2012, 07:15:35 pm »

cant wait to play the endless horde of gobbos
oh and is it possible to create a fix or alternate reaction for iron breaker armours I have genned 12 worlds and still not seen it :'(`

edit is there any graphics for them?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:20:04 pm by Stronghammer »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 04, 2012, 08:41:48 pm »

edit is there any graphics for them?
If you mean the gobbos, no. I play in ASCII and am also terrible when it comes to sprite-making. I guess someone else will end up making them.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41