Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 111476 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Coversion - V1.3.2
« Reply #405 on: March 22, 2012, 04:05:57 pm »

Looks like I have to remove mounts from beastmen. Centigors riding horses is a bit silly.

....Don't make me picture it.

I think this mod just creates a whole new scale of warfare. There are just so many warring races that ones without allies likely get wiped out fast. Chaos warriors and Norse and Dark Elves all get along really well, so they tend to all make it through. Orcs just may need to be tweaked so they can find some buddies. Or just increase all their starting pop sizes and the like.

Suppose I could. But that would eliminate the challenge! I have almost made the goal of 20, I have 15 right now who have survived on armadillo and kabold thief meat, the armadillos being great training. My new "Camp" mode seems to work a lot better than the tower does, taking up less resources. Only one major injury so far, one of my hunters tackled a kabold thief while the soldiers surrounded him and owned him, earning him a nice little slice on the foot. Now I have a bit of iron, so it is good ah? Wish me luck. 

EDIT

Eh make that 14. The one with the small weakness is going to die. He was resting in his room when a hornbill made it over the wall and kicked his green skin right off. The military managed to save him in plenty of time and make a meal out of the bird, but the damage is done. He is now just sitting in the alleyway, starving and thirsty, and ignored. I have a coffin ready for him. Now the hospital is done, to prevent further things like this. But I will make it....

*EDIT 2*

And now my fortress attracts no migrants. Aww.

**EDIT 3**

And now a high elf siege. Wish me luck. I bet they taste good.

*(**)EDIT 4*(**)

We got slaughtered. Rushing bowman is a bad idea. The doors are now locked, that should keep them out. 5 left, the ten fighter are dead.

$$EDIT 5$$
4 left. The leader, the one most effected by the deaths, went berserk. He was a soldier and started attacking the few people who where left. Killing one. 3. Two of them are kids. The last adult was going to attack, but then one of the young ling's pet cold one bit him in the head and killed him when he went after the kid.

EDIT 6

I decided the situation would not change and abandoned the fort. I then quickly reclaimed it. Some Asari are still here, but we should be able to start again without any casualties. 7 left.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:22:14 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 22, 2012, 04:19:50 pm »

Well, my grand plan of death by warfare went down the tubes. A murderous, ghostly baby, Fubag Fanugitha took the life of one of my settlers. Another ghost made my Khorne Champion go berserk, who then murdered all of my hens and the other two cultists. Now when I reclaim, I'm gonna have to deal with a berserk khorne champion wielding beastmen-brettonian-ite. This could be a ROUGH reclaim if he is still lurking around!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 22, 2012, 08:47:13 pm »

I finally broke my goal and managed to get 21 orc for almost an in came month. I had a nice fortress, and had assumed that I would be able to fight off any threat to the fortress since I traded in some expensive-items for less expensive ones and bought like 30 1 point trolls and assumed that I would just make a meeting area over the enemies and send them to attack whatever threatened us.

Soon after the migrant wave came and I manged to get 21 ocs, one of them finally got a strange mood, which I didn't even know they could get. He wanted bones, and I had used all of them to make weaponry. So I had to decide weather to slaughter one of the ton of trolls we had or to attack the alligators and try to get something from them. For some reason I chose the alligators, and lost one soldier while injuring another. Then I just decided to slaughter one of the male trolls, since you really need only one to make the females have children. Then he started his project, and all was well in the fortress. I still had 20 people.

Then ten seconds later a Juggernaut appeared. I sent the trolls after him as I had planed, and it worked as well as I had hoped. Except that Juggernauts are completely immune to the trolls I sent, so he just slaughtered them. Since orcs can't dig, thus can't get mechanisms, I had doors instead of bridges. Wooden doors don't stop juggernauts. I sent every single man as a troop to attack the creature, of course all of our wood and bone and punches we could throw at it just bounced off like the trolls did, and everyone was soon slaughtered as well. maybe a siege engine hallway would work as a good defense?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 22, 2012, 09:40:49 pm »

mrtspence, do you have any plans to expand your Chaos Warriors with daemonic possession? I think it'd be nice addition and would help set them apart from the rest of the races.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 23, 2012, 10:59:22 am »

mrtspence, do you have any plans to expand your Chaos Warriors with daemonic possession? I think it'd be nice addition and would help set them apart from the rest of the races.

I absolutely do. I'm just very busy with school lately, so its been hard to find the time to learn and implement the new interaction system. And I agree that it would fit in really well with all of the human sacrifice and complex reaction chains.

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 23, 2012, 05:41:18 pm »

Sorry guys i have been really busy i will have an updated Phoebus version out soon.

Okay i updated the Phoebus version to 1.3.2 for DF 0.34.06.Included the changes from Krantz and updated MiguelMo's sprites.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:23:45 pm by SDood »

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 24, 2012, 07:46:42 am »

guys here some references on obsinite
obsinite: it's a strange metal, a betweeen from stone and metal, sharp as glass and strong as bronze, the saurus equip aztek-styled weapons made of it and occasionally some piece of gear like Gor-Rok's shield.
in game i'm planning to make a rare non-smeltable stone that is strong as steel and heavy like gold and that can be used to make stone weapons
i plan to add small clusters of obsinite to obsidian, so if you can import/mine obsidian you're bound to find some obsinite stones, i'm also planning to add obsinite gems later on, after all when polished obsinite is shiny like glass

EDIT: my favourite slayer just died bravely fighting a poison spitting, bone crunching, brain eater monstrous horror that flew down the volcano shaft tearing apart a child, the trollslayer charged the beast cutting it's wings and then he smashed the beast's head with a well placed punch after a vicious battle, sadly he was literally covered in poisonous body fluids (not to mention a missing arm and various broken bones) he couldn't be saved, ive buildt a small masoleum with a gold sarcophagus for the dwarf and a silver one for the child
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:03:26 am by Krantz86 »
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 24, 2012, 05:40:29 pm »

I've been playing this mod with the past couple versions, but I've kept myself to Adventure Mode. I started my first fort and don't know how excited I should be (CURRENT LEVEL: HIGH). I figured I'd start off as Chaos since I figured it'd give me a very different feel than LFR or Genesis could provide. Well it turns out that one of my starting seven was a Champion of Khorne. To top it off, a ton of her personality stuff mentions how calm and level-headed she is (though I don't know how effectively it'd counter/offset the natural rage the Champs have).

She's already killed a handful of Eagle Men and a Kobold Thief in a glorious festival of blood. I'm hoping that she provides a lot of FUN for anyone who decides to take a stroll too close to my fort.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 24, 2012, 06:08:11 pm »

I've been playing this mod with the past couple versions, but I've kept myself to Adventure Mode. I started my first fort and don't know how excited I should be (CURRENT LEVEL: HIGH). I figured I'd start off as Chaos since I figured it'd give me a very different feel than LFR or Genesis could provide. Well it turns out that one of my starting seven was a Champion of Khorne. To top it off, a ton of her personality stuff mentions how calm and level-headed she is (though I don't know how effectively it'd counter/offset the natural rage the Champs have).

She's already killed a handful of Eagle Men and a Kobold Thief in a glorious festival of blood. I'm hoping that she provides a lot of FUN for anyone who decides to take a stroll too close to my fort.

Just wait until one of her friends dies. Then enjoy the show as she massacres your minions.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 25, 2012, 05:05:46 pm »

Just wait until one of her friends dies. Then enjoy the show as she massacres your minions.

*snap*
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 26, 2012, 11:20:54 am »

*snap*

Rossol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 29, 2012, 01:53:15 pm »

This mod looks amazing, cant wait till it start support Therapist

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 29, 2012, 02:45:04 pm »

Since this was bumped, an update on night goblin status: only thing left to do is to create a workshop and adding reaction permissions to the entity file. I'll try to stop being lazy for a while and finish this soon.

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 30, 2012, 03:19:44 pm »

Hello everyone i updated the Phoebus version to the new DF version 0.34.07.

I included parts of SethCreiyd's Flora and Fauna mod and i gave High Elf,Wood elf, and Empire mage's the ablility to cast magic via interactions.Special thanks to SethCreiyd.

Warhammer Fortress Phoebus 1.3.3

XxPhogxX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 31, 2012, 04:23:40 pm »

I think I might have a bug to report. I am finding it incredibly difficult to generate a world. The settings I am using are large world size, short history, very high civilizations, very high sites, very high beasts, high savagery, and everywhere mineral occurrence. The thing that repeatedly is happening is that the world will get up to the point where the civilizations are all placed and then it starts over. I let the generator run for about an hour and eventually got an error report about "farming civilizations" and how the world cannot generate because there aren't enough of them for some reason. Also,I am using the 34.07 Phoebus pack.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41