Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 111480 times)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Coversion - V1.3.2
« Reply #390 on: March 20, 2012, 07:57:44 am »

Ha ha! Eldar are pretty neat though. Despite being space elves in theory, I actually find them to be much more interesting than that origin would imply. But ya, this is indeed a fantasy mod.
Eldar are murderous reality bending creatures, not tree huggers

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 20, 2012, 09:16:37 pm »

Well, have had the delight of a fortress that has actually been almost impossible to maintain thanks to this mod and the Fortress Defense mod.

Running a warriors of chaos embark into a terrifying rocky wasteland. It rains skyre skaven blood constantly there--the entire map is covered in pools of it. There is a river that literally runs red with blood sometimes. Khorne has been pleased with the decision to settle this region.

The first year went swimmingly--I breached the aquifer within the first two months and began constructing my above-ground fortress. Only stockpiles and mining will go underground, the children of chaos refuse to cower in burrows.

The first few waves of migrants brought some interesting pets--including a pair of Asur dragons.

With the migrants came waves of enemies--thankfully held off by the incoming caravans (dark elves, norsemen, and of course the home civilization of chaos trade).

The trouble began early in the second year. A juggernaut of khorne megabeast showed up with a wave of 20 migrants, murdering all of them. It ran amok and butchered a dark elf caravan--but becoming badly wounded in the process (the dark elves possess murderously good aim with their crossbows). The gigantic beast lay stricken on the ground, its rage keeping it conscious through the immense pain it must have been suffering. A group of citizens decided to handle the problem on their own initiative. Around a dozen chaos warriors surrounded the monster and began pummeling it with their firsts to little effect. It was joined by my ramshackle military--a champion of Nurgle with my woodcutter's axe. However, before the execution could be delivered, one of the Asur dragons showed up and decided to chip in.

The flames were my undoing. The dragon blasted the wounded juggernaut with fire--and all of the brave souls that were trying to kill it

With around a fifth of my fort killed in an instant, and my drawbridge ruined (apparently dragon fire can wreck my granite drawbridge), the melted corpses were left to rot.

Enraged Chaos warriors don't make for friendly ghosts. Added to the nonstop tantrums from the devastating loss to my fort was around 5 murderous and sadistic ghosts. There would be dozens of corpses found contorted in fear over the coming years.

The sieges have been unending. Dark stranglers, beakwolves, brettonians, high elves, wood elves, and juggernauts have been slaughtering all migrants and the unlucky few citizens caught outside the safety of the slowly-rising walls.

Once again, a damnable dragon decided to devastate my fortress. A mantis man decided to suicidally fly down through the still-constructing ceiling and assail a baby. An Asur dragon seized the moment, belching out clouds of fire that annihilated a third of my main level. All of my workshops, my newly-reconstructed bridge, and 8 good children of chaos were ruined. The dragon was slaughtered, its meat sustaining my fortress in lieu of the crops it destroyed.

The tantrum spiral was horrific. A champion of khorne went berserk and threw himself upon a cultist mother and baby. He ripped her lower leg off with his goddamned teeth and then punched the baby's head in. A handful of nearby chaos warriors and a war hydra joined the fray. The second Asur dragon burned them all to death in an instant. The second and last dragon was put to the knife. Its succulent meat was little consolation to those whose family members were reduced to smoking husks.

The tantrums continued. My thriving fortress of just over 50 men stabilized at around 15. Ghosts took that number down to 12 before the deadliest of them could be laid to rest. Thankfully a champion of Khorne vampire was killed by a band of Brettonians, bringing the number to 11. I hadn't suspected him at first, but his death left a pile of +chaos human earrings+. That fool was wearing like ten crowns and thirty-something necklaces and earrings made from the bones of chaos humans...

I have only just been able to put the ceiling on my second level, so the dining room and dormitory have only just gone down. The last remaining chaos warrior has just gone berserk with my fort's best weapon (a bronze axe liberated off the mutilated corpse of a druchii) and hacked the foot off of my incursion leader, sending him hurtling off of the top level of my fort. His feeble cultist body was maimed from the 3 story fall, leaving him broken on the ground outside of my fort. A band of marauding asrai have kept my gates shut.

And that is where my fort currently is. I haven't had the time to make a proper graveyard; dozens of corpses lie under the hot sun, left to rot.  No migrant has come in nearly a year. I fear that this excursion will soon come to an end.

I look forward to actually being forced to reclaim a fort for the first time in months. Thanks so much, everyone! This mod is especially awesome in this new release. Been so much fun.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 20, 2012, 10:05:25 pm »

wow what a fort, makes me thankful to have strong stone walls and tunnels to keep my Dawi safe as I mine endless gold and Gromril. Oh a note here, gromril is REALLY common i find, its even more common then gold, and I have done no tinkering with the raws. I will be getting on with my testing, I just recently hurt my leg so am not very mobile or in the frame of mind to test, also I have many projects and tests to do.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 20, 2012, 10:19:09 pm »

I agree. The gromril is REALLY common. I found it like the first floor down on my fortress and was able to make a good amount of weapons and armor out of it.

Then a Juggernaught attacked like the last guy's fortress around a year and a half. I panicked, because I didn't have a standing army yet and just had begun training two troops, with not troll slayers yet. So after panicking and slamming the doors, I decided that I would try to crush it with the doors because loosing is fun. Once my gates failed to go as fast as I had hoped, I summoned a military out of random dwarves who where lying around and the two trained dwarfs. They attacked him with thier fists, without the juggernaut getting any damage in, then one of the regulars came in and chopped him in half with the special Gromril axe. It was....Way to easy. He had dabbling skill still.

Other than that, I had some fun trying to play Ork. I actually manage to do pretty well on it, building great towers by chopping down forests. I made only two that went anywhere, the first one we seemed to be the only orcs left alive on the planet and stopped getting migrants. I had hopped that the triplets and quadruplets my soldiers kept having would sustain me, but that didn't work very well. Eventually the high elves attacked and basically outnumbered my entire fortress. Fortunately, everyone was somewhat armed for hunting long-necked animals (those things I cant spell. They are hard to kill with wooden and bone weapons, but I mange it) and the other assorted animals I need to support the fort. We managed to fight off the first round with no casualties, but then a second ambush with a man on a dragon came. I killed the man but he set a fire that killed half the soldiers. Then ran away. I abandoned the fortress since I could not go anywhere. It would be nice if the orks didn't get genocided in worldgen...

Ah, it is great playing the good-old dwarf, probably the strongest race on this mod that I have played so far. I do like the Challenger being an orc brings, even if the caravan thinks it is stealing all the items in it from me.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Destroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 20, 2012, 11:58:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Truly, Khorne would be pleased by your offerings.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 21, 2012, 02:57:13 am »

i never noticed that gromril was that common, if you want to increase it's rarity open Inorganic_metal_common.txt and change

to

then you'll find 1/5 of the actual gromril plus some small clusters everywhere.
if you have more suggestions for metals tell me, i'm aslo working on
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 21, 2012, 05:23:07 am »

Well, could it be at all possible to increase the frequency of gold, or add more types of gold. The reason being well.......GOLD!!!!!! By Grimnir's tattoed arse we need more gold.  :P

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 21, 2012, 09:59:21 am »

since i always wanted to add more materials i started the first poll, you have up to 5 votes, the materials with most votes will be added, if you have any questions on them i'll post a brief description, for example:

Ithilmar

Darksteel

EDIT: mrtspence i like that tale, in the beginning i found strange that your chaos warrios kept High Elf dragons as pet but then
The dragon blasted the wounded juggernaut with fire--and all of the brave souls that were trying to kill it
now i understand where the warpstone was placed
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:55:49 am by Krantz86 »
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 21, 2012, 10:26:24 am »

We really need warpstone and all it's wonderful effect to be added. Especially now with the interactions.

I'll try to finish the night goblins today, along with some minor changes to savage orc ethics (they are pretty much vanilla DF goblins) and tweaking beastmen strength.

EDIT: I guess I should place the orc ethics as they currently are here and explain why I belive they should be modified
(the "<- [text]" are my notes)
Code: [Select]
   [SELECT_SYMBOL:WAR:NAME_WAR] <- Could be changed to NAME_FESTIVALS
   [SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:WAR:VIOLENT]
   [SELECT_SYMBOL:BATTLE:NAME_BATTLE] <- And this to NAME_GAMES
   [SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:BATTLE:VIOLENT]
   [SELECT_SYMBOL:SIEGE:NAME_SIEGE] <- And this to NAME_REVELRY
   [SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:SIEGE:VIOLENT]
   [SPHERE_ALIGNMENT:WAR:384] <- Could be changed to REVELRY/FESTIVAL, since war = fun and games for them
   [SPHERE_ALIGNMENT:CHAOS:384]
   [SPHERE_ALIGNMENT:NIGHT:512]
   [ART_FACET_MODIFIER:GOOD:0]
   [ART_FACET_MODIFIER:EVIL:384] <- I don't think greenskins understand the concept of "evil"
   [ART_FACET_MODIFIER:OWN_RACE:512]
   [ETHIC:KILL_ENTITY_MEMBER:PERSONAL_MATTER]
   [ETHIC:KILL_NEUTRAL:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:KILL_ENEMY:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:KILL_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:KILL_PLANT:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:TORTURE_AS_EXAMPLE:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_INFORMATION:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:TORTURE_ANIMALS:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:TREASON:PUNISH_SERIOUS] <- Should be at least PERSONAL_MATTER, since orcs don't really have laws or anything
   [ETHIC:OATH_BREAKING:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:LYING:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:VANDALISM:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:TRESPASSING:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:THEFT:PERSONAL_MATTER]
   [ETHIC:ASSAULT:PERSONAL_MATTER] <- Should be acceptable, since that is the way greenskins decide who is in charge
   [ETHIC:SLAVERY:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAME_RACE:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:35:16 am by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 22, 2012, 01:09:40 pm »

I agree with Warpstone! That stuff is the essence of Warhammer Fantasy. I also have workable obsinite in the mostly-unfinished lizardmen mod, but it's not really special except that it must be refined and processed from obsidian (not really lore-consistent, but is a feature to make lizardmen more unique).

Speaking of Lizardmen:
I really want there to be a way to make creatures from workshops. This would let us make a proper spawning pool and would be sweet.

Right now, my workaround would be making the default Lizardmen some kind of formless and weak creature that must be "grown" into a Skink/Slann/Saurus/whatever at a special spawning pool workshop. It would be neat and kinda closer to their fluff, but I would want feedback from you guys first!

Alternatively, we just need some kind of sponsored creature that can perform parthenogenesis so that the infertile eggs we could make at a workshop could hatch. I think that would work, as IIRC, you can make eggs at workshops, they just never hatch.

Also, my fort received a wave of migrants and a dark elf caravan saved my ass. I am now up to 20 dudes again. Have lose like 3 more guys to murderous ghosts though. I often leave DF on in the background and don't notice when they spawn. I think fully half of my ghosts have been murderous xD. Chaos warriors tantrum super hard and then come back as deadly ghosts. The forts can be hard to manage at times!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:15:51 pm by mrtspence »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 22, 2012, 01:37:29 pm »

Right now, my workaround would be making the default Lizardmen some kind of formless and weak creature that must be "grown" into a Skink/Slann/Saurus/whatever at a special spawning pool workshop. It would be neat and kinda closer to their fluff, but I would want feedback from you guys first!

That would be interesting, but wouldn't that make them vulnerable in wolrdgen? The ork seem to get wiped out half the time, I would imagine a race of weak and formless creatures would be wiped out rather quickly....Wouldn't they?

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 22, 2012, 02:59:50 pm »

That would be interesting, but wouldn't that make them vulnerable in wolrdgen? The ork seem to get wiped out half the time, I would imagine a race of weak and formless creatures would be wiped out rather quickly....Wouldn't they?

Not sure. Elves tend to make it. But I only ever run Short or Very Short Histories to ensure that the maximum number of civs survive and most tend to stick around.

Also, a gigantic Beastmen ambush of around 40 gors and centigors all riding brettonian warsteeds just about wiped out my fort. Down to 9 members, 2 of them children.

EDIT: Down to 6 members. 2 of them children.

EDIT: Down to 4 members. The children were infants and starved, their mothers brutally murdered by beastmen.

I have ordered the remaining members to burn all of our meat into charcoal and shall then order them to charge into the beastmen horde. 3 of them are cultists and will likely be cut down in an instant, but my incursion leader who has been here all along is a Champion of Khorne. Let it be known that the brave men of Lancedinched will not have died without a fight.

The reclamation will begin soon and I shall be sure to capture and brutally torture any beastmen that show their sorry hides.

Been my favourite fort ever so far.

I was just starting to stabilize too haha! It's year 5 and I still don't have a military, and I refuse to use traps for defense (traps are for weaklings, not chaos warriors!) so things are getting rough. It has been 5 years of insanity and I could not be happier with it!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 03:22:05 pm by mrtspence »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 22, 2012, 03:11:59 pm »

Not sure. Elves tend to make it. But I only ever run Short or Very Short Histories to ensure that the maximum number of civs survive and most tend to stick around.

Also, a gigantic Beastmen ambush of around 40 gors and centigors all riding brettonian warsteeds just about wiped out my fort. Down to 9 members, 2 of them children.

EDIT: Down to 6 members. 2 of them children.

I was just starting to stabilize too haha! It's year 5 and I still don't have a military, and I refuse to use traps for defense (traps are for weaklings, not chaos warriors!) so things are getting rough. It has been 5 years of insanity and I could not be happier with it!

You have a point about the elves. How in Armok can they survive even a year?

Other than that, you should try playing ork. I can't seem to manage getting over 20 people before civilization collapses....

Orcs seem to only be able to live ten years on their own before their civilization collapses, for some reason. Kabolds also live short lives often in this mod. I assume that regular attacks of dragons and better-than-steel weapons basically kill off everything that can't fight them off...

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 22, 2012, 03:35:57 pm »

I think this mod just creates a whole new scale of warfare. There are just so many warring races that ones without allies likely get wiped out fast. Chaos warriors and Norse and Dark Elves all get along really well, so they tend to all make it through. Orcs just may need to be tweaked so they can find some buddies. Or just increase all their starting pop sizes and the like.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 22, 2012, 03:40:32 pm »

Looks like I have to remove mounts from beastmen. Centigors riding horses is a bit silly.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41