Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 111515 times)

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - V0.8c
« Reply #270 on: December 04, 2011, 08:06:20 am »

Keep up the great work everyone!

With almost 20 artifact weapons each brave knight will be different and Bretonnians are getting further and further from vanilla humans, which is a good thing I guess.

Also: halfing market with silly weapons using cook skill. Beware of hot pots!

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 04, 2011, 03:32:17 pm »

Okay, just learned that, high elves are fine, lizardmen are an alpha build, should probably read a little more closely at that, I see.

Also, got one thing to mention about the Imperials, minor cosmetic gripe, Warrior Priests should be bald, I think... right? Lore-wise I remember them being bald, at least the males, not sure how to go about doing that, but it's probably doable if Dwarven Slayers can be made to have all orange hair.

EDIT: Oh, and another minor thing, since griffons exist with the high elves add-on, folks should probably remember to remove griffons from the fanciful creature list.

Good catch on the War Priests i forgot to give them their signature shaved heads.I released The Empire 0.25 here 0.25 war priests now have shaved heads,description changes,appearance changes and various small changes.

I'll remove Griffons when i release my creature mod they are named just Griffons in the creature file while mine are named Asur_Griffon as i wanted to avoid conflicts,did the same with the harpies.So don't worry they wont conflict with each other.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 03:34:33 pm by SDood »

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 07, 2011, 04:25:22 pm »

hello, i'll upload a new version soon with the HE and meteoric iron clusters and veins, i'm overburdened with work so please be patient, here a preview on what i'm working right now

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also, achitus the second dwarven entity is the outpost dwarves, while karak dwarves settle mainly in the mountains the outpost ones can settle on surface, their site population is however smaller that allow to represent a warhammer-like behaviour

EDIT: i forgot to tell about organ cannon, i worked as weapon but i couldn't restrict it to trap usage so while playing as DE i got a dwarven caravan with guards wielding hand held artillery......devastating.... in spite the fact that they moved very slowly
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:43:16 pm by Krantz86 »
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 07, 2011, 10:02:34 pm »

hello, i'll upload a new version soon with the HE and meteoric iron clusters and veins, i'm overburdened with work so please be patient, here a preview on what i'm working right now

also, achitus the second dwarven entity is the outpost dwarves, while karak dwarves settle mainly in the mountains the outpost ones can settle on surface, their site population is however smaller that allow to represent a warhammer-like behaviour

EDIT: i forgot to tell about organ cannon, i worked as weapon but i couldn't restrict it to trap usage so while playing as DE i got a dwarven caravan with guards wielding hand held artillery......devastating.... in spite the fact that they moved very slowly

Vampire Counts!!!Awesome Krantz,great job.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 08, 2011, 07:54:48 am »

new version updated, i will not release vampire counts until i'm completely sure about them, i'm a Huge fan of VC afterall...
i've added the final version of the meteoric iron to soil layers, you can find small clusters in any soil but precious veins can be find in sedimental and igneous layers
i've also implemented the new version of the modified plants, underground crops will grow in any season

if i forgot something or if you have any suggestion please post it
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 08:05:51 am by Krantz86 »
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - V0.9
« Reply #275 on: December 08, 2011, 08:01:32 am »

Did you guys got to the sieges in the fortress mode? I tend to abandon everything after two years after I've found things to fix.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 08, 2011, 08:08:04 am »

my last fortress (dwarves) just died because i got about 50 DE sieging it at year 4, i had to seal the gates but the death of the 15 milita started a tantrum spiral... sigh the only metal i had found was gold....

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 08, 2011, 05:37:04 pm »

Great release Krantz.One small thing [ENTITY:FOREST] still exists in the entity_default file so the default elves still spawn.Quick fix is to remove the brackets so its reads like this ENTITY:FOREST or to just remove it entirely.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 08, 2011, 05:56:51 pm »

Good catch, reuploaded the fixed file, no changes in the version though

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 09, 2011, 07:04:40 am »

Begun working on beastmen once more. They are able to make bone weapons now, so all that's left is making the scrap metal reactions (will probably only allow it to use copper, bronze and iron). I can't seem to find anything on the wiki about this but, is it possible to have them use ANY item in the reaction as long as it's made of the required materials, or is it limited to a specific item?

EDIT: not possible. Had to make a reaction for every kind of item

Beastmen V1.1 - PLAYABLE

I didn't have enough time to test everything, so tell me if you find something wrong.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:47:54 am by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 09, 2011, 05:52:00 pm »

Thanks for the release Deathsword.I finished the first version of my Warhammer creature mod and released it here

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 09, 2011, 06:26:32 pm »

I guess we should be removing the DF creatures, now that we're adding WH ones.

Either way, back to goblins and squigs!

EDIT: I just noticed I didn't mention what the beastmen mod contains, so...

Adds the beastmen as a playable race (obviously)
Two workshops and many reactions
Three new "metals": Scrap Copper, Scrap Bronze and Scrap Iron.
Bone weapons and armor

EDIT 2: Found a bug with the orcs. "Female" ones have [CASTE_NAME:orks:orks:ork].

And isn't ork just for 40k?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:03:21 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sarlare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 09, 2011, 07:46:30 pm »

Would it require a great deal of work to replace the ascii tiles for races with ones from a specific tileset? I'm not experienced in modding dwarf fortress and have had no success in my attempts to change Brettonia's human to that of Ironhand's humans. Might a kind modder give me some pointers on this?

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 10, 2011, 08:13:44 am »

Would it require a great deal of work to replace the ascii tiles for races with ones from a specific tileset? I'm not experienced in modding dwarf fortress and have had no success in my attempts to change Brettonia's human to that of Ironhand's humans. Might a kind modder give me some pointers on this?
i did a little working on MAYDAY but i don't feel confident about releasing something i didn't ask permission first..

mpedroso

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 10, 2011, 08:36:43 am »

i did a little working on MAYDAY but i don't feel confident about releasing something i didn't ask permission first..

Come on Krantz! Ask the permission!  :)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41