Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 111518 times)

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - V0.8c
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2011, 07:51:10 am »

about the question 3
in your neighbors menu you'll see something like this:
dwarves                      or                Orks
orks           ------                           dwarves          -----
dark elves   ------                           wood elves      -----
bretonnians war                               eshin skaven   war
and so on                                       and so on

the first race in the list is the one you're using the others are race that can contact you in that position (friendly or not)
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

mpedroso

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 29, 2011, 12:58:46 pm »

Thanks, Krantz86.

And the Skaven thing? Anyone experiencing the same thing?

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 29, 2011, 03:07:42 pm »

Woo! I finished the High Elves and removed them from placeholder here
-Playable Warhammer High Elf Race
-Six custom castes including the Phoenix Guard,Hoeth Swordmasters, and the Shadow Warriors.
-Three custom creatures The Great Eagle,Griffon, and Asur Dragon mount
-Asur weapons and armor

Changelog:0.2 removed from placeholder status,Many changes to the High Elves,added custom creatures,added more weapons and armor

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 29, 2011, 05:54:31 pm »

Thanks, Krantz86.

And the Skaven thing? Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Not only could I not start with axes, I couldn't make 'em either.

On an unrelated note, having a blast with my Khornate Champion adventurer, in full blood steel armor. I have quite the collection of skulls for the skull throne. Though his name changes every time I open the save. Heh, too RAGE to remember that silly name thing.
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 29, 2011, 06:28:50 pm »

Skaven don't have axes on their entity file for some obscure reason. Probably whomever created it forgot to add that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Achitus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 01, 2011, 08:56:44 pm »

Really enjoying the mod so far, thanks to those that put it all together, the Imperials are definitely my favorite at this point, though I'm still getting used the the bit about not being able to make steel.

Just would be nice if it were possible to add in siege weapons, but I'm going on the assumption that it's impossible, which is a shame because on tabletop battles, artillery is where the Empire shined most, a battery of cannon and hellblasters would really ruin an opposing army's day.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 02, 2011, 07:23:23 am »

i'm trying to mod the dwarven Organ gun(at least to be used in traps), if i manage to get it working....
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 02, 2011, 02:14:12 pm »

Really enjoying the mod so far, thanks to those that put it all together, the Imperials are definitely my favorite at this point, though I'm still getting used the the bit about not being able to make steel.

Just would be nice if it were possible to add in siege weapons, but I'm going on the assumption that it's impossible, which is a shame because on tabletop battles, artillery is where the Empire shined most, a battery of cannon and hellblasters would really ruin an opposing army's day.

Thanks i actually already fixed the bit with The Empire not being able to make steel it was an error i made though i have not released it yet it will be fixed in 0.3.I would love to implement some sort of artillery as that would add something unique to the race,if Krantz finishes the Organ gun for the Dwarves i will add in a version for empire for sure.

If you have any further suggestions  or bug reports it would be much appreciated.I'm still working on updates for all of my races and actually started to add in and change creatures in Dwarf Fortress,I have been real busy with work and school but i'll release them when i finish them.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 02, 2011, 03:46:29 pm »

While I know a lot of stuff is being worked on still ( Great job so far, guys!), I would like to make a reqest for Cygor/Gorgon/Jabberslythe semimegabeasts, with the Jabberslythe being a mega. :)
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Achitus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 02, 2011, 05:35:04 pm »

Well that's good to hear, custom artillery being possible brings to mind all sorts of possibilities, I just love the idea of peppering a mass of these annoying dark elves that keep attacking me with a hellblaster bombardment.

As for the bit about steel, don't you simply have to add in a couple job permissions like pig iron and steel making? Not mocking you and I hope it doesn't sound like that, but I'm actually wondering, because I'm not certain.

And as for the bugs and such, not sure if this has been mentioned but there appears to be two separate Dwarf factions with the same name, looking at the civ tab when picking an embark I noticed that and was rather perplexed.

Anyway, thanks again, great mod and all that.

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 02, 2011, 07:54:53 pm »

Well that's good to hear, custom artillery being possible brings to mind all sorts of possibilities, I just love the idea of peppering a mass of these annoying dark elves that keep attacking me with a hellblaster bombardment.

As for the bit about steel, don't you simply have to add in a couple job permissions like pig iron and steel making? Not mocking you and I hope it doesn't sound like that, but I'm actually wondering, because I'm not certain.

And as for the bugs and such, not sure if this has been mentioned but there appears to be two separate Dwarf factions with the same name, looking at the civ tab when picking an embark I noticed that and was rather perplexed.

Anyway, thanks again, great mod and all that.

Yeah it was a simple fix with the permitted reactions available to The Empire in this case being pig iron and steel not being available since they were not permitted due to my oversite.I decided to release the bugfix here Empire updated to 0.21.I'm going to be working on updating the Empire to 0.3 and get it out sometime next week.

Achitus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 02, 2011, 09:14:46 pm »

Fancy, saw a few other Warhammer mod bits there that I didn't notice before because I rarely look at the minor mod section, high elves and lizardmen, that'll be worth a look.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:28:30 pm by Achitus »

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 03, 2011, 10:58:50 am »

Fancy, saw a few other Warhammer mod bits there that I didn't notice before because I rarely look at the minor mod section, high elves and lizardmen, that'll be worth a look.

As a warning, unless someone else has made a lizardmen mod (which has not yet occurred to my knowledge), that is an alpha build of the lizardmen mod and isn't at a point where you could do a full playthrough with them.

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 03, 2011, 10:11:57 pm »

While I know a lot of stuff is being worked on still ( Great job so far, guys!), I would like to make a reqest for Cygor/Gorgon/Jabberslythe semimegabeasts, with the Jabberslythe being a mega. :)

Great suggestions Pokon they will be in the first warhammer creature mod i make,I'll try and get it out next week.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:14:46 pm by SDood »

Achitus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 03, 2011, 10:36:07 pm »

Okay, just learned that, high elves are fine, lizardmen are an alpha build, should probably read a little more closely at that, I see.

Also, got one thing to mention about the Imperials, minor cosmetic gripe, Warrior Priests should be bald, I think... right? Lore-wise I remember them being bald, at least the males, not sure how to go about doing that, but it's probably doable if Dwarven Slayers can be made to have all orange hair.

EDIT: Oh, and another minor thing, since griffons exist with the high elves add-on, folks should probably remember to remove griffons from the fanciful creature list.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:57:05 pm by Achitus »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41