Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 111450 times)

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Coversion - V1.3.2
« Reply #465 on: April 19, 2012, 02:37:50 am »

i did some more tests i found some issues with Night goblins here the log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i'm not sure if that's a serious issue, if it isn't i'll release the new version

EDIT: test results showed that dwarf throw insults at their foes while in combat, it was my first attempt with new interaction system, it doesn't seem to do anything except boast the player morale...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:00:56 am by Krantz86 »
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Coversion - V1.3.2
« Reply #466 on: April 19, 2012, 12:11:44 pm »

I checked the RAWs and I have no idea what could cause the eyelid problem. I doubt it'll have an effect on the game unless you like to rip out eyelids in adventure mode.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Coversion - V1.3.4
« Reply #467 on: April 19, 2012, 02:44:04 pm »

ok new version released, sadly i accidentally cancelled the update log so i have no idea on what i added.... sigh...
many small fixes/updates
added gem cuts to dwarves
added sea gold
added night goblins

EDIT: to avoid conflicts or diplicate error i have packed the whole Objects folder so you can simply swap it
EDIT2: the test fortress is going wonderfully, i've found a vein of sea gold at lvl5 and at lvl 70 meteoric ore the combination of Sea Gold Hammers and Elaborated Runic Axes is dreadful, at year 7 i faced about 6 sieges by goblins, dark elves and a kobold assault which surprised me with their skill to avoid traps and i got about 5 victims, right now i bought about 6 Asur Dragons and i'm trying to make them hatch, btw i bought the whole caravan with a sea gold jug, also i've sent an artifact to the king

the humble whip, a rock crystal scepter decorated with dark elf bone and pig bone, encircled with bands of oval cut yellow zircons, cedar cushion ametyst cabochons pine and oak. this object menaces with spikes of rock crystal

i tried to imagine the scene and the result was this:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:55:34 pm by Krantz86 »
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 19, 2012, 06:26:43 pm »

That goblin siege was from vanilla goblins or the night ones?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 20, 2012, 03:11:55 am »

vanilla goblins, o i should say common goblin

EDIT: buahaha.. i just restored the game and a dwarf used the leg of that executioner to  create a gabbro grudge tome decorated with dark elf bone and encircled with bands of emeralds and cut amethists, it's going in the great hall...
one thing: anyone knows dwarven hierarchy names? i know only thane, lord, king, highking

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 03:25:37 am by Krantz86 »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 20, 2012, 07:34:24 am »

dont forget long beard, and warden(position of defence and respect), oh and heir apparents. And a council of elders
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 07:36:29 am by Stronghammer »

Gukag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 20, 2012, 08:36:05 am »

Dunno if this has been pointed out before, but with newer version Beastmen get negative thoughts from going shoeless, despite having hooves and not being able to use shoes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 20, 2012, 10:24:47 am »

I wish there was a way to remove such thoughts from certain creatures. I guess the savage orks are having the same problem due to their small selection of clothes. Unfortunately you'll have to generate positive thoughts to counter that.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 26, 2012, 04:51:17 pm »

Heh, I was just going thru Tamurkhan and was wondering how to handle such lovelies as Bile Trolls and such (Toad Dragons seem fun, with there rotting breath and all). Just throw them into evil biomes, make them pets, ect? Give them syndromes that only the Nurgal-affiliated castes can shake off?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 30, 2012, 10:20:25 am »

i'm officially asking for help, i really suck at syndrome-related stuff i tryed but i can't get 'em working correctly, so here the prob:

i've created warpstone veins and clusters but i need a poison/syndrome for the deadlier one

also i've created a special workshop, "the bugman's still" it allow distilling massive amounts of alchool from wheat and barley
using "Alchemy" skill, i've tested it and the dwarves will need extensive work to set one up but it will produce two variants of the finest nectar in the dwarven kingdoms the XXX and the XXXXXXXXXX

what i need to release it is a positive syndrome to add a season-long bonus to the drinker and a week-long positive syndrome to represent it's benefical effects

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 30, 2012, 10:54:13 am »

What exactly do you want the effects to be?

If you check the daemonic possession interaction you'll see it includes a syndrome that (should) increase the target's strength.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 30, 2012, 11:11:56 am »

What exactly do you want the effects to be?

If you check the daemonic possession interaction you'll see it includes a syndrome that (should) increase the target's strength.

something like adding temporary tokens, like NOEXERT or NOFEAR or enhanced skill learning rates(because fully boozed dwarves work better)

as i said i suck at poisons/elixirs the only thing i managed to do was shapeshifting potions which are useless right now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 30, 2012, 04:15:28 pm »

If you take a look at the interaction for possessions you'll see this (in bold):
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:300:1000:TOUGHNESS:300:1000:START:0]
         [CE_ADD_TAG:CRAZED:START:0]

This means it starts right away. You can add an END:X after that START:Y(if you want it to kick in after some time)/0(to start right away) (it should result in [CE_ADD_TAG:<TOKEN>:START:Y:END:X]) to determine when it ends. You'll have to do some testing to get the duration you want, but it shouldn't be too hard.

I hope that helps.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 01, 2012, 09:00:44 am »

ive done the first try, i just hope that Zamnil's ghost won't start throwing tantrums...
for now the first level Hazkal aka young brew beer

Building:

Pseudo plant (resource):

finally the beer:
i'll probably change some stuff, right now you can produce 100 drinks with 6 units of cave wheat,4u of thick moss and 2u of refined fuel.
please everyone tell me what you think(expecially about the syndrome)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 01, 2012, 11:31:44 am »

Don't dwarfs already have [TRANCES]?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41