Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 111619 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - V0.7b
« Reply #225 on: November 16, 2011, 01:55:48 pm »

Couldn't you have a "scavenge" reaction for every type of weapon?

Axe -> Choppa
Sword -> Slasha (at least I think they call it like this)
Spear -> Stabba
Hammer/Mace -> Basha

don't know the names orcs/goblins give to ranged weapons.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 16, 2011, 02:44:24 pm »

i think that Savage Orks have a limited access to "normal" Orcs weaponry, they'll use any weapon found but i find hard to think that they will manage to mantain them, instead i think that even a half-mad orc will manage to hammer togheter a "sharp thing "and a stick to build a weapon,  i won't remove the weapons that they can already do (like spears) but for now i'll add a new rection to turn ANY kind of weapon into a Choppa or a HUGE Choppa
i imagine them building a Choppa like this
Axe -> pretty much already a choppa, probably they'll just add a "orchish touch"
Spears -> add a sharp rock and some wraps
Hammer -> just "hammer" your hammer to get a sharp side
crossbows/bows -> well they ARE nuts, but somehow they'll manage something
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 02:48:19 pm by Krantz86 »
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 16, 2011, 04:47:40 pm »

I'm finishing up the elves hopefully i'll be all to get at least one of em out this week.Then i'll begin to update the other races.Loving the Savage Orks Krantz,very cool.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 16, 2011, 07:44:53 pm »

Had some crazy idea here:

Make a reaction to turn metal into "spiky bitz", then you can combine those with scavenged weapons to make them "orky".
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 17, 2011, 01:55:40 pm »

I finished the Wood Elves and removed it from placeholder here
-Warhammer Wood Elf Race.
-Four custom castes including the Wood Elf Glade Guard and Spellsingers
-Two custom creatures the mighty forest spirit possessed Tree Kin and The Wood Elf flying mount the Warhawk
-Asrai weapons and armor

Includes new entity_default file that deletes the generic elves as the wood elves replace them,also has generic humans removed as this is to be used with the Warhammer Fortress mod.

I decided to make them non playable in fortress mode as i feel they work better that way.

Released Dark Elves version 0.3 here
v0.3 many balance and error fixes.Changed descriptions for castes to be more recognizable special thanks to Deon for the idea.

On another note i'm going to be releasing updates for the races i've worked on and i'm going to finish the High Elf race.

Updated the Norse to version 0.4 here
v0.4 stat balancing and error fixes.Added caste Huskarl,added creatures snow troll and war mammoth.changed language to Danish.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 03:09:00 pm by SDood »

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - V0.8
« Reply #230 on: November 17, 2011, 03:21:29 pm »

New version released:
elves  added
some updates to dwarves and Orks

sorry but the norse will have to wait a little
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2011, 02:16:58 pm »

New version released:
elves  added
some updates to dwarves and Orks

sorry but the norse will have to wait a little

Thanks for the release Krantz nice updates on the Dwarves and Orks.The Wood Elves aren't actually included,and the Dark Elves are still at version 0.2 though the readme included is from 0.3 there is also a Empire changelog and a changelog_Chaos inside release folder.No biggie i don't expect you to make a new release right after every update you can add them whenever you feel appropriate.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:21:48 pm by SDood »

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 18, 2011, 02:20:17 pm »

Woah! Laptop has been repaired so I'm back, baby!

Trees, thank you SO much for the typo fixes, those have been staring me in the face on my to-do list and I've been lacking the will to fix those forever :D. I'm crediting you on my next update, whenever that comes around! Can you pm me a link/post one to the changed RAWS so I can fully fix all the errors and put out an update, or is the stuff in your post way back on page 12 (or whatever it was) all we have?

I love how this is coming along. Very pleased to see all these new races!

I seem to have lost a lot of steam on my Lizardmen update and, as I didn't keep a to-do list, I am not exactly sure what my next step for that is.

That being said, I have all the basic casts (Saurus, Skink, Slann) done but with a ton of tweaking needed (I fear armour may not work too well at the moment as Slann are quite big--may make Slann smaller but just have huge weight variance, which I think should ensure success).

I think my next step is to properly add in the pet animals: I have kroxigor and seem to have frames for razordons, salamanders, stegadons, and carnosaurs.

I have a custom system of reactions set up to create the lizardmen's fabled obsinite metal, and was going to make it so that lizardmen could only make bone armour (as that's all they seem to wear--but sometimes with gold decorations).

I am also thinking of creating a new body template and tissue template to make lizardmen have incredibly thick scales, as they count as wearing heavy armour in the tabletop when buff naked!

Seem like the right direction to you guys?

I have only 2 more papers due in the next while before my finals, so I might have time to actually sit down and get most of this done!

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 18, 2011, 02:33:40 pm »

Welcome back mrtspence love your Chaos mod and the Lizardman one your making sounds great.The fixed raws for your chaos mod is inculude in Warhammer Fortress or here for trees fixes http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5141, i also fixed a small error,there was an error with the female Khorne Champion caste [CASTE:MALE_KHORNE_CHAMPION] [MALE] [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS] was included in the caste and it made them be called female nothings.

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2011, 04:20:38 am »

Welcome back mrtspence love your Chaos mod and the Lizardman one your making sounds great.The fixed raws for your chaos mod is inculude in Warhammer Fortress or here for trees fixes http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5141, i also fixed a small error,there was an error with the female Khorne Champion caste [CASTE:MALE_KHORNE_CHAMPION] [MALE] [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS] was included in the caste and it made them be called female nothings.

Haha! Good save! That one was really painfully noticeable once I actually noticed it. Clipped the extra facial hair insurance from the Male Khorne and Nurgle Champion class too. Don't remember adding that in as it literally accomplished nothing, and that it was only on 1/3rd of the male castes was amusing, but it didn't used to be there haha! Must have been a sloppy copy-and-paste from another one of my entries or something.

Thanks so much, Trees and Sdood. You have improved my mod appreciably with these corrections!

The new version (0.51b) is now up:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3612

Cheers! Hooray!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:22:11 am by mrtspence »

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2011, 02:14:53 pm »

I've been busy!

Pardon the double post, but it is enough new content that a bump is justified.

Literally just finished the 0.1 alpha of the Lizardmen mod and want to turn it over to you guys for bug testing/feedback/improvements/etc.

It can be found here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5194

It is likely to be lacking functionality in many respects (read: crippling bugs possibly), but it should provide a good framework for further improvement.

Cheers!

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 19, 2011, 04:17:06 pm »

I've been busy!

Pardon the double post, but it is enough new content that a bump is justified.

Literally just finished the 0.1 alpha of the Lizardmen mod and want to turn it over to you guys for bug testing/feedback/improvements/etc.

It can be found here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5194

It is likely to be lacking functionality in many respects (read: crippling bugs possibly), but it should provide a good framework for further improvement.

Cheers!

Grats on the release mrtspence.I'm not sure why but the update you released for Chaos causes two new civilizations to spawn one named "forgotten beasts" and the other named "rat" i think it is caused by the duplicate nurgling file creature_nurgling as opposed to creature_nurgling_chaos which is the newer one i deleted the creature_nurgling file and i didnt have that error anymore.

Congrats on the lizardmen they are awesome!Though they do have errors like you said,no biggie.

Here is the errorlog with the older duplicate nurgling file removed and Lizardmen added.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 19, 2011, 06:14:47 pm »

wow a lot of new stuff, i'll start working on adding new soon, i'm just trying to add a new tasty weapon...

..mmh i tested the liz, nice but a bit too much buggy, while playing with them at least, i'll add them at the main page under Optionals, i'll wait for a more stable beta for the main, still i understand that "bioengineering" is difficult and that creating a new race from scratch so don't take this as a offense, i know that they will be great as soon you work on them since you're a very talented modder mrtspence

Thanks for the release Krantz nice updates on the Dwarves and Orks.The Wood Elves aren't actually included,and the Dark Elves are still at version 0.2 though the readme included is from 0.3 there is also a Empire changelog and a changelog_Chaos inside release folder.No biggie i don't expect you to make a new release right after every update you can add them whenever you feel appropriate.

I humbly apologize with every due respect for my error, it's just that i have 6 verions of DF installed and sometimes i screw thing bad.... really bad... working on fixes right now

EDIT: anyone has a suggestoin about new plants?
EDIT2: can orcs die of old age?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:05:53 pm by Krantz86 »

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 19, 2011, 11:30:39 pm »

wow a lot of new stuff, i'll start working on adding new soon, i'm just trying to add a new tasty weapon...

..mmh i tested the liz, nice but a bit too much buggy, while playing with them at least, i'll add them at the main page under Optionals, i'll wait for a more stable beta for the main, still i understand that "bioengineering" is difficult and that creating a new race from scratch so don't take this as a offense, i know that they will be great as soon you work on them since you're a very talented modder mrtspence

I humbly apologize with every due respect for my error, it's just that i have 6 verions of DF installed and sometimes i screw thing bad.... really bad... working on fixes right now

EDIT: anyone has a suggestoin about new plants?
EDIT2: can orcs die of old age?

Thanks for the release Krantz no big deal about the error.And to answer your question on Orcs,as you can imagine most orc's tend not to live long prosperous lives and tend to be murdered one way or another,the oldest orcs are the biggest and the strongest.Orcs have an "adrenaline-fuelled metabolism," which means that they grow in size, strength, endurance, and belligerence as they fight and defeat opponents.This is going by the wiki,forum posts i have found at it appears there isn't a general consensus on it since orcs tend to die violently and young;so apparently as long as they fight and don't die i guess their immortal?Probably a maxage setting of 300-500 similar to that of dwarves would be fine.

And plants well...this is just going from plants in warhammer online here:Thief's nettle,gravel nuts,Dandeddragon,Argost creep,Spume petal,Smedley cap,Pyre ivy,Ashberry,Elvish Parsley,Spiderfrond,Beardweed,Grumpleaf.You could also add the legendary dwarven Bugmans brew,brandy,mead,bounty hunter Brunner's favorite schnapps,Tilean coffee.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 11:46:30 pm by SDood »

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 20, 2011, 01:30:47 am »

Ya, I explicitly stated in the DFFD thing that the lizardmen mod was not a functional version haha! I just wanted to get it out here so all the numerous issues could be fixed at greater speed--it is an alpha, I don't want it included in the full mod yet!

Hell, if anybody wants to, they can take over the Lizardmen mod completely as long as they give me credit for the stuff I did.

Until we can make creatures from reactions, we cannot properly implement their spawning pools, so other than perhaps some new weapons and the like, I don't see any major next steps for the mod.

Also, thank you for the heads up about the duplicate error, those are especially bad. I think that was caused when I was merging the bugfixes Trees and you proposed.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41