Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 109767 times)

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - V0.3c
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2011, 02:18:13 pm »

hello, "trees" fixes are greatly appreciated, i added them instantly to the next release, as for the new races i'm currently testing Dark elves

EDIT: a little issue with shields: wooden "iron talon shield" at carpenter's workshop
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 02:31:20 pm by Krantz86 »
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2011, 02:40:03 pm »

As far as I am aware, the Chaos Dwarfs are being worked on by someone else, who is also making stuff such as hobgoblins and living siege engines. Check back the thread a bit.

Awesome, i didn't know that.I need to get to testing the dark elves more as that is the only one i've released thats playable and try and add upon that and fix bugs.Any help will be appreciated thanks everyone im still learning.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 02:46:37 pm by SDood »

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2011, 03:38:47 pm »

added SDood's Dark Elves to the main (plus trees fixes)
now the evil spawn of Naggaroth will haunt your children nightmares

just one thing, guys please add a README in your releases
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 03:44:08 pm by Krantz86 »
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2011, 06:07:52 pm »

added SDood's Dark Elves to the main (plus trees fixes)
now the evil spawn of Naggaroth will haunt your children nightmares

just one thing, guys please add a README in your releases

Okay ill add a readme with some information about the castes and creatures with the next release on the Dark Elves.I need to figure out how to add buildings now,i demand Druchii torture chambers.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:23:54 pm by SDood »

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2011, 09:23:36 pm »

As far as I am aware, the Chaos Dwarfs are being worked on by someone else, who is also making stuff such as hobgoblins and living siege engines. Check back the thread a bit.

Awesome, i didn't know that.I need to get to testing the dark elves more as that is the only one i've released thats playable and try and add upon that and fix bugs.Any help will be appreciated thanks everyone im still learning.

Feel free to work on the Chaos Dwarves, I haven't been able to get much work done because my university is currently in midterm mode, I only just got done with that stretch of !!FUN!!. The hobgoblins need some work, essentially the creature file is done but I don't have a way to integrate them into the CD population and still keep the "slave race" feel. The living siege engine is about half done and I'll continue to bust it out now that I don't have to worry about midterms.

I have Bull Centaurs and hoofed Dwarves done but I am lacking Sorcerers and Lammasu. This is in part because I think the interaction system would work well. I'll post my work if you want.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2011, 09:47:03 pm »

The hobgoblins need some work, essentially the creature file is done but I don't have a way to integrate them into the CD population and still keep the "slave race" feel.

The closest thing you can get to this is to make them like trolls are with goblins - give the hobgoblins [CAN_LEARN] and [SLOW_LEARNER] and an appropriate biome for the chaos dwarves to get them from (like [EVIL] if the chaos dwarf entity has [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS]) and they'll drag them along, unarm(or)ed, in squads for sieges.
That might have some weird effects in fort mode, though, I think they'd be like tigermen and just eat your food and become mayor without doing any work.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2011, 10:20:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks, I hope maybe with some clever effort with burrows you may be able to provide a first line of defense with a hobgoblin warren outside their fortress. I think DF Therapist or a related tool may allow you full membership and functionality though. It's not ideal as I'd rather the mode be reliant on its own resources...

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - V0.4
« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2011, 04:34:28 pm »

got the first dark elven siege, 22 elves down vs 6 losses 4 slayers (no plated armor) and 2 Ironbreakers, a Hell of a fight with Urist McSlayer killing the last two elves by slicing their throat with his theets after losing both arms!

ps: he died shortly after from blood loss sadly (or luckly)

PPS: even if they need some fixes thumb up for DE
         testing finished, i will not add placeholders to the main (balancing issues) but i'll post a link to them in the main page
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:38:51 pm by Krantz86 »

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2011, 12:07:18 am »

got the first dark elven siege, 22 elves down vs 6 losses 4 slayers (no plated armor) and 2 Ironbreakers, a Hell of a fight with Urist McSlayer killing the last two elves by slicing their throat with his theets after losing both arms!

ps: he died shortly after from blood loss sadly (or luckly)

PPS: even if they need some fixes thumb up for DE
         testing finished, i will not add placeholders to the main (balancing issues) but i'll post a link to them in the main page

Thanks that was my first mod i'll release a new update after i add more,fix bugs and do more testing.I agree with the placeholders i released them in case someone else wanted to work on them i plan to finish the High Elves after i get the Dark Elves where i want them,then move on to the Wood Elves.I'm busy with school but i'll do what i can.

You sound like your doing an amazing job Black_Legion you could upload your work if you want but i wont be able to work on it anytime soon,it's going to be awesome when you finish it.

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 08, 2011, 12:51:09 am »

I'm willing to take a crack at making lizardmen if any of you want to add them to this mod.

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 08, 2011, 01:25:00 am »

I'm willing to take a crack at making lizardmen if any of you want to add them to this mod.

That would be amazing if you could make lizardmen.  :D

I ended up finishing the Norse race so i removed it from placeholder here http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5147

Features:

-Tribes of Norsca race
-Norse weapons and armor
-Three custom castes norse warriors,berserkers and shield maidens

They are non playable like Beastmen and should prove a lot of fun as attackers.Also i removed the Chaos Dwarf placeholder.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 03:25:01 am by SDood »

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 08, 2011, 12:55:34 pm »

ok i'm going to start tsting the Norse tribes, for now i've done a little tweaking to ingame plants, (after seeing a Warlord of Khorne drink a strawberry juic... ehm wine) i changed some plants to potatoes,barley and i renamed the pig tails to Thick moss
also i changed the names of some alchoolic beverages so that other races can produce "cave Beer" insted of Dwarven beer, i'll upload it separately as optional file

here the link

tell me what you think, also i'm planning to expand the vanilla plants with the in/famous plants of warhammer that are truly needed:
for now: the Mad Cap fungus
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 01:06:45 pm by Krantz86 »

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 08, 2011, 03:17:14 pm »

anyone done wood elves yet?
I would like to see the tree kin and so forth. i know their was an old reference of a dying out race of Treeblood ent things that the norse would fight.

I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 08, 2011, 05:40:52 pm »

Sdood said it will begin working at Wood elves after he's done with the other kind, so you'll have to wait to see forest dwellers

PS: i need suggestion on more content for the dwarves, except for gunpowder (which i would wait to add until the empire get out to avoid confilcts)
so everyone please post suggestions

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 08, 2011, 05:53:45 pm »

Sdood said it will begin working at Wood elves after he's done with the other kind, so you'll have to wait to see forest dwellers

PS: i need suggestion on more content for the dwarves, except for gunpowder (which i would wait to add until the empire get out to avoid confilcts)
so everyone please post suggestions

Hey Krantz i can start working on the Empire next if you need me to get it out i already have a general idea on the new castes and weapons and armor to add wont have any gunpowder units yet of course but i can get it to a early state like the Dark Elves.Not exactly sure when i'm going to finish it but i can probably get out the first version this week or the next.

New Warhammer plants sounds great.

And Karakzon yeah i plan on getting the first version of the Wood Elves out sometime in the near future after i finish High Elves unless someone else wants to tackle it.

I released a small update to the Norsca race updated it to 0.2a just has some various small fixes and changes.

The Dark Elves are going really well and i will probably release v0.2 this weekend i'm real happy with it compared to v0.1 i just need to do a bit more with it.I have started to work on The Empire and have been making good progress on it the v0.2 release isn't too far away.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 10:53:21 pm by SDood »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41