Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 109707 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - V0.2a
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2011, 01:47:11 pm »

The problem is that most of that is impossible to do in DF's engine. Once the next update rolls around, Moulder can use warpstones to turn their Skaven into various monsters, but that will be it, I'm afraid.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - V0.2a
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2011, 01:49:50 pm »

The problem is that most of that is impossible to do in DF's engine. Once the next update rolls around, Moulder can use warpstones to turn their Skaven into various monsters, but that will be it, I'm afraid.

It was more of an idea than insisting it be done, being an utter modding noob im not sure what IS possible. Though i do have a useful encyclopedia of pointless warhammer fluff squatting on my brain if anybody needs anything.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - V0.3a
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2011, 02:02:00 pm »

well guys i don't have 'nought time to ddeply test all the changes so i'll just upload the last version the skaven

PS:mrtspence i keep seeing dozen of typos in the chaos warrior raws, can you fix them in the next release please?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
they won't bother the play very much but now i don't have the time  to fix 'em myself

Edit: done some testing... seems that the skaven have nearly 100% prob. of wiping out dwarves from mountains
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 02:40:59 pm by Krantz86 »
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2011, 02:47:16 pm »

Your going to have to see about modding HFS into THE WARP and put some more entertiys down their. Etc Etc.

Would also be good if you could modd in historical figures like Gotrex and Felix.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2011, 03:04:19 pm »

Interestingly that could be a result of using too many warpstone reactions in succession. Each consecutive result increases the % chance successively of opening up a rift and it spitting out an undefined number of betentacled gribblies, pulling a poor skaven in or generally causing chunky salsa rules around the portal until you get someone (Architecht? Explosives?) to close it...or just seal the room up and forget it ever happened. Blame your superior! Punish your inferior! Eat some warp stone! Inane rants over, does DF let you air drop in eldritch abominations?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 03:09:09 pm by Wannazzaki »
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2011, 03:12:44 pm »

I suppose that the Moulder reactions could have a chance of turning your Skaven into eldrich abominations, if you want. We can't create creatures, however, with the exception of bugged vermin, so that would be the best we could get, and it would need to wait until the next version.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2011, 03:44:02 pm »

Im just going to wait till it's as finished as it's ever going to get. It would add that second level of Fun to a fortress. Sealed from the outside world? Check. Self sufficient? Check. Moulder just had an idea and now we are all murderous blobs? Check.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2011, 07:05:38 pm »

We could add historical figures to be "easter eggs", to be more specific: creatures or castes with an incredibly low chance of appearing. Dorfs have survived in skaven worlds I genned
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2011, 10:42:58 pm »

well guys i don't have 'nought time to ddeply test all the changes so i'll just upload the last version the skaven

PS:mrtspence i keep seeing dozen of typos in the chaos warrior raws, can you fix them in the next release please?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
they won't bother the play very much but now i don't have the time  to fix 'em myself

Edit: done some testing... seems that the skaven have nearly 100% prob. of wiping out dwarves from mountains

Ya, the definition of some of those tokens changed and there is an issue with eyebrows on some creatures, or something to that effect, but they have literally 0 impact on any in-game anything, so they are lower on my list for fixing/improving things. I am also quite busy too, so I just seem to be having difficulty motivating myself to groom the raws for non-functional issues. I will remove these as I come across them for future patches though!

Deathsword, I feel like most of the Beastmen changes I would propose would be cosmetic. I would likely just remake the Great Altar to look like a big, bloodied slab of rock. I would also suggest instead of letting them use Blood Iron/Blood Steel/Chaos God Weaponry giving them some way to make a somewhat-inferior material from bones or something. I feel like Beastmen shouldn't be rocking around in suits of the finest armour, I've always seen them as a ravening horde armoured in bones and scraps wielding crude and brutal weapons. Just my humble opinion though, so don't rush to change anything as they are very functional as-is :D

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2011, 05:15:25 am »

Bears HATE Bretonnians.

Also, there should be (clanless?) skavens lurking in the underground and waiting for the poor miners. A constant threat from the beginning seems like a proper grimdark idea.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2011, 09:41:43 am »

Also, there should be (clanless?) skavens lurking in the underground and waiting for the poor miners. A constant threat from the beginning seems like a proper grimdark idea.

Replace kobolds with clanless skaven/goblins/both, maybe?

I'll try and start working on a way to make a "reinforced bone 'bar'" then. Or a workshop that let's you turn metal bars into "scrap metal" bars. Or something.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2011, 11:34:07 am »

shouldnt you replace kobolds with halflings?
or will they just be a skulking race that can talk?
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2011, 07:35:30 am »

Have to say im loving this mod so far. First fort i was crushed by chaos. Second fort right now and I have to say slayers are awesome, first year weapon lords, for the win. Keep up the great work.

edit
OMG BY THE BEARD OF ARMOK, those juggernats of korne are BRUTAL, came in and tore off the right hand, then arm, then right leg of my dwarf Hammerlord with full iron armour, thank god for slayers or i would be toast.

Have to say LOTS of FUN
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:50:59 am by Stronghammer »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2011, 09:03:05 am »

I think I'm a few versions behind in my thinking but...

How can I tell/choose what race I start out with? Do I have to add the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag in the raws, or can I choose from the embark screen?

I see one panel called Civilization in the embark screen, but I can't tell which civilisation is which.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2011, 10:51:02 am »

you have to go through the different civ names and then swap to the allies and enemies page, the top race will be your race
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41